Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

financing

I am looking into going fulltime. I will retire from teaching after 34 great yrs.
We have to sell our home in order to afford a decent dieselpusher. That our dilemma. After months of researching I finally discussed financing at a dealership. They informed me that banks no longer loan to fulltimers. Will I need to put my 80 yr old mother's residence in another as my new permanent residence? I really don't want to deceive the bank. My pension is good enough to make payments and live comfortably. Are there banks that will loan to fulltimers? Is there a age of coach that they will no longer make loans on?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good Sam thru Essex will finance Full Timers.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #3

Credit union.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Your better off , if your going to / have to finance , to do so before you become a full timer. While some lenders do lend to full timers they do so at a higher interest rate and with larger restrictions on loan to value and age. Without a hard address they see you as a higher risk ( where can they find you? )
Your moving in to " moms " could also be a red flag as you just moved ..most people I know buy the rig before they sell the house too bad that's not possible in your case.
BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #5

Definitely look at your local credit union. I financed my coach with LGE Community Credit Union here in the Atlanta area and they were the most flexible. They lent me $ at 90% of the Average NADA value and since my coach price was well under this cap, it was a piece of cake to get the loan.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by esfritzi View Post
Definitely look at your local credit union. I financed my coach with LGE Community Credit Union here in the Atlanta area and they were the most flexible. They lent me $ at 90% of the Average NADA value and since my coach price was well under this cap, it was a piece of cake to get the loan.
Did the same years ago and was pre approved, just found what I wanted and done deal. Check out your local credit union.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Alliant Credit Union also caters to FTers
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondana View Post
I am looking into going fulltime. I will retire from teaching after 34 great yrs.
We have to sell our home in order to afford a decent dieselpusher. That our dilemma. After months of researching I finally discussed financing at a dealership. They informed me that banks no longer loan to fulltimers. Will I need to put my 80 yr old mother's residence in another as my new permanent residence? I really don't want to deceive the bank. My pension is good enough to make payments and live comfortably. Are there banks that will loan to fulltimers? Is there a age of coach that they will no longer make loans on?
By no means should you deceive your bank...think how honest they've been with you over the years...Lol