RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #1

Finding what headlights or taillights you have

So figuring out just what the headlights and taillights are on various class A's comes up pretty often here. It is usually pretty easy to use Google and figure it out. Thought I'd post an example. You must use google Chrome to do image searches. Not sure how you'd do it in IE, or Firefox.

"What are the taillights for my 2006 Holiday Rambler Imperial from?"

Step 1. Google "2006 Holiday Rambler Imperial tail light" Select images.

2006 Holiday Rambler Imperial tail light

Step 2. Pick and image that shows a picture of the tail lights. In this case the first image that pops up is a good one to use. It's attached.

Step 3. Right click on the image and select "Search Google for image". (You can even do this on the attached image below.)

Google image search result

Step 4. Scan the list of sites that include the same image. In that case, a whole bunch of listings for taillights for a '02 - '06 Dodge Ram are found. You have your answer.

For some less popular coaches it takes a few more searches, but for the higher volume stuff, it's pretty darn easy. Google does all the work.
Attached Images

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #2

I look for the model number on each lense and google that number. It will tell you what vehicle it came from, and if it is a left or right hand lense.

My headlights have the number TYC 20-6439 and that indicates it is for a Ford F series and Explorer

Tail light has 11-5405 & 11-5406 1993 to 1995 Nissan Quest and Mercury Villager left and right hand

Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

sadly, that doesn't work all the time.
"What are the headlights for my 2010 Winnebago Vista 32K from?"

I've tried a couple times to locate some projectors but no joy. I wish mine were from something that I could get a different sort of replacement.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #4

2010 Winnebago Vista Headlights

First image.

Image search

'01 - '11 Ford Ranger

And sure, googling the part numbers works sometimes too. Have to be careful though, most RV manufacturers use cheap aftermarket copies made by companies like TYC and Depo. Sometimes the numbers on them make no sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1000[1].jpg
Views:	144
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	182494  

Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post

First image.

Image search

'01 - '11 Ford Ranger

And sure, googling the part numbers works sometimes too. Have to be careful though, most RV manufacturers use cheap aftermarket copies made by companies like TYC and Depo. Sometimes the numbers on them make no sense.

And sometimes there is no number on the cheap knockoffs they used to go by, like on my 06 Bounder. Wish I could find the headlight.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:46 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
2010 winnebago vista headlights

first image.

image search

'01 - '11 ford ranger

and sure, googling the part numbers works sometimes too. Have to be careful though, most rv manufacturers use cheap aftermarket copies made by companies like tyc and depo. Sometimes the numbers on them make no sense.

My Sunstar 27n - 2014 uses the same lenses, so Winnie used them for a LOT of rigs. They are dirt cheap, as Ford Ranger never changed them for about 11 years. It is cheaper to replace them than to polish them...
Old 11-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #7

Quote:

First image.

Image search

'01 - '11 Ford Ranger

Thank you!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
And sometimes there is no number on the cheap knockoffs they used to go by, like on my 06 Bounder. Wish I could find the headlight.
'03 - '06 Ford Expedition. I think that's been discussed here somewhere before.

And speaking of that, some pertinent threads:

My Poor Visibility Headlights

Just for fun: Headlights from smaller vehicles to RV..
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #9

replacement lights

My problem is not the housing, it's the wiring harness plug that goes into it. The plug on one of my front blinker/marker lights shorted out. There was a TYC number on one and a DEPO number on the other. I can find the housing on-line even though I don't need it, but no one carries the plug that fits it. It shows up as a 96 BMW lens. Go figure. I guess I'm going to have to engineer a different plug to fit the housing. In the mean time, I'm trapped at MD Anderson in Houston taking care of the wife and the MH is inn Cortez in the shed. Going on 3 weeks in the hospital now, and are about to be discharged.

Ron Everson
Cortez, Colorado
2003 Bounder 37U on Freightliner chassis
300 Cummins
Ron Everson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #10

I am having a really hard time finding the headlight and corner lights for our 1999 Tiffin Allegro Bay. It seems most aftermarket parts start from 2001 and up.
Viper99ACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #11

On my phone, hard to search, but I do find a mention of ‘86 - ‘90 Saab headlights on a ‘96 Allegro Bay. Maybe that’s it?

Old 11-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #12

Looks very close to the Saab 5000 but not 100% sure.
Viper99ACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #13

Here's the site I found.

Little googling says it's a Hella light, and looks like there are new and used ones out there. New being quite a bit more expensive though. I didn't try to find just the corner lights though.

Did Tiffin use the Hella (OEM) version? Pictures online make it look like glass? Maybe just good pictures? Maybe cheap aftermarket copies, like Tiffin may have used, are plastic?

Old 11-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #14

Welcome! | RV Headlights Is a new, developing, website specifically for this purpose. As it creates the database we will all benefit.
FWIW, headlamps for my MH are from a 1995-1997 Ford Crown Victoria. Yes, I have submitted that to the website.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights