Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-02-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
Vintage RV Owners Club
Firan Raven

Our "Bus" as we like to call it is a 1996 Firan Raven 34 XL.
I was wondering if we have any other Firan ownwers in this wonderfull group

Mr.Geritol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
We loved our old Raven, other than wanting the diesel, we probably would have kept it. Haven't seen or heard of another one since we sold ours. I believe they were an upper end gas coach in their day. Have fun with yours.

Jack & Dianna Purdue
1998 Monaco Executive 40'
2007 HD Ultra Classic- summer toad
stich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
Vintage RV Owners Club
We have been having fun with it. Very few problems to date. Bought it used a few years ago.
We are in the process of making some changes for boondocking. Thanks for Responding
Old 11-03-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Firan bought the factory and some of the names from Champion Motor Homes I believe. They were owned by a Canadian Company, which also owned Glendale, Golden Falcon, and Titanium trailers along with a Class C motorhome Royal Classic???and headquartered in Strathroy Ontario.
The company was actually owned by one for the Firestone Boys from Tire fame and he lives in the Toronto/Hamilton area .
They closed down the Class A division of Firan in the US after a few years.
The Firan moulds etc were then picked up by Forest River and used in their motorhome division.
In the End the Firan Canadian group closed completely maybe 5 years ago after the company was sold to the company executives.
Vice President Operations
Family Campers & RVers
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F53
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
Vintage RV Owners Club
THank You FC Ontario for that, I knew they were Canadian owned but not the history that you have.
It is a fun old "Bus" to have.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
I am looking at buying a Firan DP. Anyone know if parts are still readily available.
Decokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
Vintage RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by Decokidd View Post
I am looking at buying a Firan DP. Anyone know if parts are still readily available.
I just got back to this post while cleaning out some old emails. Sorry I did no see it before.
We have had no trouble getting parts, the chassis is all GM/Chev and Workhorse. The coach is standard RV Parts. In fact the only thing on the coach we had to fix is the ice maker which is now a universal fit one from Ebay.