Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2016, 11:34 PM   #43

No not Sympathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
What do you expect from the attorney beyond sympathy? Why?
I don't not want sympathy, especially from a lawyer. I don't think a sympathetic lawyer that would be worth hiring.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2016, 11:41 PM   #44

We are past the first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Was the repair shop somehow responsible for the fire? I would think that finding the cause would be the first step. Why in the world would you have your life savings in cash in a wood and fiberglass shack with a toothpick for a deadbolt? Bank wouldn't do?
Right the very first step was to find out what caused the fire.
Having our life savings, well there was, a REASON, long drawn out, would bore you I am sure.
I didn't feel I lived in a fiberglass shack, I felt we lived in our home.
Yes a bank would do.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #45

My insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
What about your insurance company, what are they doing for you?
Wow, yes my insurance company is, great. They are very very supportive, best in the business.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:24 AM   #46

Exclamation I didn't ask anyone one for anything other than if you knew a lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
FWIW I think you mis understand where a lot of us are coming from. We are sorry you had a loss. OTOH we also understand that there has to be a negligent party to recover from. The fact you had a loss does not itself make someone else responsible.

A case in point is that your firebox was probably rated for so much time in a wood fueled structure fire not for being immersed in a petroleum fueled fire that is much hotter and for a long time. That would presumably get the box manufacturer off the hook. (That is also something a lot of other folks here should be keeping in mind.)
Actually I didn't misunderstand anything. I don't need to know where any of you are coming from. What I came here for was a simple yes I know a lawyer or no I don't know a lawyer. But I plan on turning this into something great. I almost died, I lost one of the VERY MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE..... I CRY EVERYDAY I MISS HER SO VERY MUCH.... and I am not asking anyone of you to care about the fact she burnt up in the fire. My baby was something on my mind the day I posted the thread. Anyone that lost a family member as I have you will understand.
I am not pointing the fingers at anyone here, unfortunately since no one can help me, which is fine with a direct name, we perchance have something to learn from this thread.
One being the question ask has nothing to do with a lot of the answers.
As humans we, are very curious. I planned on putting a lot more information up to help others, in fact I hope the monitors will add safety to the top of the thread. Not take anything else DOWN though from the thread name.
My loss is something obviously I feel can be decided in a court room, I pray no one EVER HAS TO COME CLOSE TO WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH!!! I ask you all be blessed right now!!!!
The FIRE BOX RATING.... OK LISTEN UP... NO FIRE BOX WOULD HAVE HELPED, do not think anything would have protected anything in the RV. LOOK AROUND, not just RV OWNERS, everyone....close your eyes, everything is gone, what are you missing.... Everything that was in front of you, do you remember every single thing?!?!?! Ok now tape everything, make a copy, put that tape in 2 different bank security boxes, you never know what will happen!!! My edit.... TORNADO COMES THROUGH, WOES BOTH BANKS OUT.... NOW WHAT?
We have never considered the fire box company responsible, so every one take that thought of them off your mind.
Plz excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes, I am not percent... Opps see I am not perfect!!
Old 03-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #47

SpyderRV... I like your name....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderRV View Post
That sucks, sorry for your loss! I guess what I would want to know is who / what do think is responsible for the fire? If you have a good answer for that question than do you think it is proveable in court? I would suspect it would be hard to prove because of lack of evidence, unless you have for an example, a video of kids throwing a Molotov candle.
I like your name, but the courts would be the one to figure out who exactly is responsible. There are many different players per say involved. If I didn't think I had a chance an excellent chance in court, I wouldn't have been asking for your help in finding a lawyer. I hope this doesn't take years, I hope I can come back and tell each and everyone here how to first help themselves and then, how to go out and help someone you do not even know that is suffering from a disaster of some type!!! It doesn't have to be a town devastated by a tornado, anyone that suffers such a great loss as we have you can help. I someday hope to start a resource center, or team up with the likes of the Red Cross who graciously helped us in that first week!!! If it is one person or a town of people, devastation can be very hard to come back from, take it from someone so very honestly trying to go on with my life, with nothing but a Maxi dress that I can not get the burnt smell out of and the help of people, most that didn't even know me, at least trying to get me started back on the road to recovery.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:54 AM   #48

Thanks for great advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Sorry for your loss. Have you tried calling the state Bar Association and asking them if any attorney practices in the field you are looking for? They may be able to provide you some names.
Wanted to thank you for being so helpful, I hadn't even thought of that!!!!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:00 AM   #49

Not only RV but think of what you happens if you home burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv8outboard View Post
I am sorry for your loss. We are glad you are okay and the RV can be replaced. I can not help with a lawyer. This tragedy sheds light on the fact traveling with cash and or important documents one should have at least a fire resistant lock box or fire resistant safe. Well wishes and glad you are okay.
Thank you, it has been very hard dealing with so much just ..... BOOM .....GONE! But please even in a home a fire box would/may not have helped. Fire boxes give people a very false sense of security!!!!! I actually am still on the mend but taking day by day......
Old 03-24-2016, 02:19 AM   #50

Are you really a lawyer.... Only kidding....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I am an RVing lawyer, but not in PA or NY. You will need one there. My question is, if you had insurance why are you bothering with this? Insurance has a right of subrogation, meaning they can sue for recovery if they choose to. Questions will be is it enough money to warrant a suit and is there a responsible party to sue.
I think you not being familiar with the state laws unfortunately has given you a reason to think the law reads one way when it actually reads another... I am VERY surprised that your are not familiar with the federal laws that protect a RV consumer.... Which is ok we all make mistakes. I am even more SURPRISED to hear you are a RV lawyer, because actually it has been THE OUT OF STATE LAWYERS that have helped the most in getting me the help I need, they have connections THAT I GUESS YOU DON'T HAVE, NETWORKING I THINK THEY CALL THIS TYPE OF HELP, LOL. Some times the money issue isn't as important as protecting the common good of the words integrity, ethics and ethical. I know so many mean cruel lawyer jokes are out there, but some of the lawyers still know the meaning of ALL 3 of them words. I know I wouldn't want any other type of lawyer, and that is why lawyers are often recommended to others, seeing this is an issue about RV'S I chose to turn to the RV community for support. Word of mouth is the very best form of advertisement for any lawyer or for that fact business!! THANKFULLY WE AS CONSUMERS HAVE SITES LIKE THIS TO TURN TO FOR HELP! I AM SO WOWED, (my own word, lol) as to the help that this site provides other RV'ERS!!!! Just unfortunately there is no one here at the moment that happened to be able to answer my question for my problem. Doesn't mean there isn't one person on here that doesn't know it, just they haven't read my thread or just don't want bothered. This forum I can see has helped a lot of people, mostly save a lot of money with great solid advice!!! Right now I am proud to be a part of this, just this thread got off the actual question. At first I was hurt, embarrassed, ashamed..... but than I reread and realized some people are just plain cruel, mean and uneducated! I AM going through trying to answer honestly as I can the question ask off me. But laughing here I just wish someone would have given me an answer to my question...... OK but I GOT SO MUCH GOOD ADVICE ON HOW TO LOCATE A LAWYER..... I am VERY THANKFUL!!!
Old 03-24-2016, 02:36 AM   #51

Taking a break, but if anyone has more questions feel free, I will try to answer everyone, some questions are repeats so look at all threads for your answer.

There is a post that refers to our fire, it is very unreliable. But LIKE anything words get twisted and so on. The man that rescued me is Chris. I am going to post a thread to one of the paper articles, I ask one thing, PLEASE FORWARD THE URL TO YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT OR EMS AND PERSONAL. THIS WAS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FIRE.
Gas tank, propane tank, ammunition. 6 brand new tires to blow out. Aerosol cans like as simple as hair spray, Pam to spray your baking dishes with. NOW that is just some. But the worst was it happened on a hill, THE WHOLE THING LEFT GO AND THE BURNING RV ROLLED BACKWARDS ON FIRE!!!! Please help others that fight fires learn from this fire...... Heck we made international news, I only did one interview.... But in making international news I hope that many fire departments are able to use the video at least for training training resons. GOD BLESS OUR FIRE PERSONAL, EMS, POLICE AND ALL INVOLVED IN PROTECTING US FROM THIS TYPE OF FIRE!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT ATTACT THE FIREMAN, THIS WAS AN OUT OF CONTROL
FIRE, HE LOOKS CLOSER THAN HE IS, HE PROTECTED THE SCENE THE BEST HE COULD, YES HIS ADRENALIN WAS IN HIGH GEAR. I THANK GOD FOR EVERYONE THAT HELPED THAT DAY!!!!

Again excuse any miss spellings or screwed up grammar....

Must see: Burning RV & SUV roll down street in Mt. Pocono, PA - Statter911
Old 03-24-2016, 04:35 AM   #52

Nothing to do with pay out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome951 View Post
Brenna, sorry for your loss and the anguish you must be going through.

The quoted post is very informative. If the insurance company suggested you contact a lawyer, it's because they want to reduce their potential payout.

I also encourage you to think hard about taking the lawsuit route. It will likely drag out for a year or more, you may have to front $ to an attorney, you'll have to appear in court (which can be stressful for some), and there's no guarantee you will win the lawsuit.
Your alternative is to pay your insurance deductible and move on from the incident within a few months. So please, I encourage you to weigh your options carefully.

Best of luck,
Jerome
Just wanted to let you know that the insurance company has been wonderful and their suggestion had nothing to do with their pay out.
We have weighed out options very thoroughly but thank you for you advice, but honestly my question has nothing to do with your answer but again thank you. Just was simply asking if anyone has a name an attorney.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #53
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Brenna, I'm so sorry that some members on IRV2 seemed to come on a little harsh! Many times the written word can be misinterpreted and I have to believe that is the case here. You'll find that IRV2 is loaded with really nice folks and we hope you'll want to be a part of that group!

I hope your insurance company will treat you well. The loss of your pet was truly tragic!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Old 03-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most Counties, Cities, etc have a lawyer referral service. Some charge a small fee, some don't. I used the service locally about 4 years ago. I explained my situation and they referred me to the right kind of lawyer.

Good luck.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna View Post
Taking a break, but if anyone has more questions feel free, I will try to answer everyone, some questions are repeats so look at all threads for your answer.

There is a post that refers to our fire, it is very unreliable. But LIKE anything words get twisted and so on. The man that rescued me is Chris. I am going to post a thread to one of the paper articles, I ask one thing, PLEASE FORWARD THE URL TO YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT OR EMS AND PERSONAL. THIS WAS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FIRE.
Gas tank, propane tank, ammunition. 6 brand new tires to blow out. Aerosol cans like as simple as hair spray, Pam to spray your baking dishes with. NOW that is just some. But the worst was it happened on a hill, THE WHOLE THING LEFT GO AND THE BURNING RV ROLLED BACKWARDS ON FIRE!!!! Please help others that fight fires learn from this fire...... Heck we made international news, I only did one interview.... But in making international news I hope that many fire departments are able to use the video at least for training training resons. GOD BLESS OUR FIRE PERSONAL, EMS, POLICE AND ALL INVOLVED IN PROTECTING US FROM THIS TYPE OF FIRE!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT ATTACT THE FIREMAN, THIS WAS AN OUT OF CONTROL
FIRE, HE LOOKS CLOSER THAN HE IS, HE PROTECTED THE SCENE THE BEST HE COULD, YES HIS ADRENALIN WAS IN HIGH GEAR. I THANK GOD FOR EVERYONE THAT HELPED THAT DAY!!!!

Again excuse any miss spellings or screwed up grammar....

Must see: Burning RV & SUV roll down street in Mt. Pocono, PA - Statter911

Hi Brenna,

From the date on the article, this awful fire happened in September, 2015? Has a fire investigation been completed? Did they determine the source of the fire?

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
Old 03-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #56

Hi Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
Hi Brenna,

From the date on the article, this awful fire happened in September, 2015? Has a fire investigation been completed? Did they determine the source of the fire?

Mike
Yes it happened in Sept of 2015, soooooo that is why I want people too realize I am not a sue happy person. It is still actually hard to talk about, I am amazed at my own ability to ask for help..... I am having an awful time dealing with this devastation. We lost everything, my furbaby was in the RV, I never found her, she did die.
I am sorry at this time I cannot go exactly into what caused the fire. I can say engineers are part of the investigation.

Tags
class a, georgie boy, fire