Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rant on... I just got to say I'm amazed at the lack of empathy here. The OP asked if anyone knew of an attorney who is experienced with RV matters. Thats all he asked. Instead, all he got was questions and opinions about what he did wrong or what he expected, or who he wants to sue etc, etc. I mean jeeze, no one wants to give a straight answer to a straight question. The only thing I see is the OP did wrong was give too much information about the situation. Then it just turned into a freaking feeding frenzy at his expense. Why is it that people feel they need to judge everyone. Just answer the question, and if you don't know the answer, there's really no need to respond at all. He wasn't asking for opinions on what he did wrong or what he should have done, or whatever. I can just say the OP has been much nicer in his replies to some of the postings than I would have been. Ok, rant off.
jt

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Rant on... I just got to say I'm amazed at the lack of empathy here. The OP asked if anyone knew of an attorney who is experienced with RV matters. Thats all he asked. Instead, all he got was questions and opinions about what he did wrong or what he expected, or who he wants to sue etc, etc. I mean jeeze, no one wants to give a straight answer to a straight question. The only thing I see is the OP did wrong was give too much information about the situation. Then it just turned into a freaking feeding frenzy at his expense. Why is it that people feel they need to judge everyone. Just answer the question, and if you don't know the answer, there's really no need to respond at all. He wasn't asking for opinions on what he did wrong or what he should have done, or whatever. I can just say the OP has been much nicer in his replies to some of the postings than I would have been. Ok, rant off.
jt
Although some people may have given more advice than was requested, and could have been a little nicer....your statement...."Thats all he asked. Instead, all he got was questions and opinions about what he did wrong or what he expected, or who he wants to sue etc, etc." is not true. Don't lump all the people in this thread into your rant, as some people showed a lot of compassion and gave some good heartfelt advice. You did the same as some others you are complaining about when it comes to "judging people". I think most of the people on this forum are really trying to help, and you just insulted them in your Rant....just my opinion.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:40 PM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
jt
I have seen this too many times lately. Just my opinion, your opinion may be different and that's OK, I guess.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #60

FWIW Some of us seem to automatically assume a victim in need of sympathy and some of us are curious about who the victim might be and why before we give encouragement with playing lawsuit lottery.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #61
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Why can't we just say "sorry for your loss" and let it go at that?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Old 03-26-2016, 11:36 PM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I used the term "wood and fiberglass shack", it wasnt a shot at your particlular RV. If a person is on this site, it goes to reason that they own an rv and I was pointing out the fact that RV'S are ALL wood and fiberglass shacks. It was not to say that yours was somehow different than any others. I too have lived long term in my motorhome and consider it as much my home as I do my sticks and brick home. I'm sure you had a reason to have a large amount of saving in your rv. Just the same, i'm sure you would also warn people against doing so.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:23 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
When I used the term "wood and fiberglass shack", it wasnt a shot at your particlular RV. If a person is on this site, it goes to reason that they own an rv and I was pointing out the fact that RV'S are ALL wood and fiberglass shacks. It was not to say that yours was somehow different than any others. I too have lived long term in my motorhome and consider it as much my home as I do my sticks and brick home. I'm sure you had a reason to have a large amount of saving in your rv. Just the same, i'm sure you would also warn people against doing so.

I sincerely apologize, I shouldn't have taken offense to that terminology...... believe me I wish everyone could understand.... I hope someday I can print it, but I am just trying to be honest. The savings is a part of it, I truly tried to explain why I am asking for lawyer's help, but at this point, since I posted that even, the savings is only part of that in the long run of being a lawyer.....

Oh has this thread been hard on me..... It is like I just want to scream PEOPLE PLZ JUST HELP ME OR PLZ JUST LEAVE ME ALONE.... YES I STILL HAVE HOPE THAT SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME...... CRAZY RIGHT....

I lost MOST everything I OWNED, EVERYTHING I NOW HAVE FITS IN 1 med size duffle bag of clothes, talk about easy to get around though from hotel to hotel, LOL!!!!

WE was VERY very underinsured, at least I had some insurance, I am so thankful for what we did have, but how many people do you see on the news that their house burnt our something horrible happened and they had no insurance???? The insurance paper work came when we was already out on the road, we would have been able to see the policy, changes would have been made. Stupid mistakes!!!! All around though.

I didn't come here to ask anyone to hold my hand!! But people now you got me, there is my secret, I AM SCARED AND JUST REALLY WANT HELP!!!! ...... I honestly don't know if we can so call start over, maybe a mobile home in a trailer park, my boyfriend is very very ill, which puts us in hotels a lot off time, which was our main reason for the RV!!!
Butt it is a roof over our heads!!!!!

I AM SCARED and I am going to put that out there hoping some people will back off PLEASE!!! And maybe ASK YOU ALL TO ASK YOUR friends for a, lawyer referral????

Also I am a female, but my boyfriend is my RV soul mate...

now let's just stop the gibberish, if you are curious, it LOOKED like a A bomb went off, but feel free to inbox me, when I HAVE TIME I will answer you...

To tired to recheck for mistakes, sorry.....
Old 03-27-2016, 12:31 AM   #64

Freightliner Owners Club
You may want to check AVVO on the web. This site is supposed to help find a lawyer.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:41 AM   #65

Thank you so very very much!!!

Quote:
jt

Thank you so very very much.... I kind of lost it tonight..... I thought I would be ok, but WOW, some here are just very simply put MEAN!!!! Lol!!!

PS I am a female... But my boyfriend is right here with me... I know things can get worse, but if you only knew... I ask my friends to all try harder to blow this black cloud that floats over my head away.. I also know there are worse problems, but we have a very very full plate.... Not to boo woo either.... I hope that sounds right.... just been a very long 6 months!!!!!! Thank you again!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:55 AM   #66

You just very sweet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Why can't we just say "sorry for your loss" and let it go at that?
Thank you, you really have been there for me as have others ..... only thing that sucks is I still do not have a deff lawyer, I AM going to try calling again Monday...... I am not perfect, but I truly am a giving and caring person.... I do have a few good maybe's though on a lawyer!!!!

I REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS THREAD AS WELL AS ANY OTHER THAT I HAVE COMMENTED ON WILL MAKE PEOPLE LOOK AND THINK ABOUT THEIR COVERAGE!!!!

Thank you again my dear!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 01:01 AM   #67

Want to tell you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna View Post
Right the very first step was to find out what caused the fire.
Having our life savings, well there was, a REASON, long drawn out, would bore you I am sure.
I didn't feel I lived in a fiberglass shack, I felt we lived in our home.
Yes a bank would do.

If I could posted anything I would post WHY....
Old 03-27-2016, 01:09 AM   #68

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I have seen this too many times lately. Just my opinion, your opinion may be different and that's OK, I guess.
I am new and I found a few threads that no one was answering the question... I did give out extra info thinking it would help, but I think if I held back then it would have been even more questions!

I HOPE YOU GUYS STICK AROUND!!! Being greedy, people like myself deserve to have the good guys here to help us out, even for moral support!!!! Thank you so very much!
Old 03-27-2016, 06:30 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna View Post
The insurance company is behind us all the way, but they can not file suit on our behalf.

If the insurance company is behind you, just speculating that means they are gong to make you whole meaning they are going to pay you what your rig is worth. If the insurance company feels the repair shop did something wrong they can go after them they have deeper pockets probably for a long drown out suit were only the lawyers get most of the money. Sorry about you pet to me that would be the worst.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Going back to the original question asked, I dont think you need an "RV lawyer". What you need is a first class liability attorney. Where I live, you cannot drive down the highway or watch TV for a day without seeing ads from lawyers who specialize in liability cases. If I were in your place I would be talking to these people.

Closed Thread

Tags
class a, georgie boy, fire