Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #1

Firestone 507 22.5 tires

I just bought 6 new Firestone 507’s 295 75 22.5 load range H tires for our rig. I looked for Toyos, Goodyear’s or something else with no luck. I replaced the original Michelins XZA2's, which were 275 80 22.5 load range H. I found these tires at a local shop and the price ($ 430.00 each vs $590.00 for Mich ZXE's) was far better than the Michelins so I decided to give them a try. I also found that these 295 75 22.5 are a very popular tire for big trucks and are common at truck stops. So we can get a tire if we're stuck somewhere along the way. All specs are very close to the XZA2 Michelans. They are rated at 517 revs per mile vs the Michelins at 516, so very close. The same spaces between the rear duals. I don’t notice any difference on my speed and RPM gauge so I am happy there. I have to tell you at 110 PSI which is what I carried in the Michelins, the Firestones ride far better. If I can get the same service out of the Firestone tire I’ll be a happy camper.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #2

I bought 4 Firestones last year and put them on my drive tires. They replaced Mich. They were 28% cheaper than Michelin. They have worked out fine.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Firestones are a Bridgestone brand these days and the truck tires are probably made in in Bridgestone plants, so you should have an excellent tire there.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires