Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #15
Originally Posted by kdjshep View Post
Thank you everyone for the comments and good advice. To you Skywagon, this past weekend we looked at the Newmar Ventana (longer then we wanted) and we liked the quality. There are 2 shorter ones on order so we will look at them when they arrive. As you can see are not in a hurry to make a purchase. Someone told us the best time to buy a class A is in the spring. It's interesting that most salesmen urge us to buy a longer motorhome then what we want.
Folks, uncertain what size you looked at in the Ventana line but understand. I was attempting to buy a 40 dutch star but simply can't swing it. In the 3014 the non LE there are differences in wheel sizes, I've read. LE 19 inch, non LE 22.5 inch? HP 360, 340 in LE. Furnishings may be a higher grade as well? You may also notice the LE has fans near the windshield but the non LE has ventilation to clear the windshield in the cabinets above the driver's seat. Having never been in a 3412 my knowledge is, obviously, limited but I have studied the brochure, photos and talked to numerous salesmen about them. Yes, the bath and a half is nice and roomy in the 40 footers but how much time does one actually spend in a bath room??
Below are two links I've found. One of a 3412 and the second of a 3412 LE. Perhaps you'll be able to glean the differences out of the pictures? One other thing. It appears the L shaped jack knife sofa bed is being ordered mostly with a normal sofa bed. One sales person told me it is difficult to go aft in the L shaped sofa units when the slides are in. Hope this helps.

2017 Newmar Ventana 3412

2017 Newmar Ventana Le 3412 Class A Diesel Motorhome (Stock# 9525)

Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #16
They want you to buy what they have on the lot. And they want you to buy it today!

RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #17
Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
Yes, the bath and a half is nice and roomy in the 40 footers but how much time does one actually spend in a bath room??
I believe the issue here is what happens when two people need to use the bath room at the same time. Having that extra half bath, even in a S&B, can be very useful at times. Also, if you do have guests on board for a trip (or visit), not having the guests (friends, kids, grandkids) going through the main bath is a nice benefit. Just my point of view...
Charles and Beverly
1996 Fleetwood Wilderness 35' TT.
Hunting for a Class A DP for us.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #18
Originally Posted by RVLola View Post
They want you to buy what they have on the lot. And they want you to buy it today!
Concur. However, since the 3014 is a new model they, as I wrote, are very hard to find. In fact, the one I have a deposit on is still in production as was a LE I found. I extracted my cranium out of my rectum and realized a 40 footer with a tag was simply too big. The banks helped me in my decision too!!. Fortunately the dealer loaded up the one I am purchasing, all electric, etc. Not sure what options are available in the Le models.
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #19
Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Very happy with our Tiffin 33AA, and would be happy to chat with you on whatever specific questions you might have. Have spent a number of hours on the phones with folks answering questions. PM me with your email if you want, and we can set up a mutually agreeable time.
DaveB, Raleigh, NC
2015 Tiffin RED 33AA
2014 Honda CRV
Kiawah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by kdjshep View Post
My hubby and I are looking to upgrade from our Cougar Xlite 5th wheel to a 32-35ft diesel pusher. We've looking at the Winnebago Forza 34t and the Tiffin Allegro red 33aa either new or a 2016 gently used. The kitchen counter space in the Forza is larger and it seems to have tons of storage. We will probably hang onto it forever and travel in it for 4-5 months/year. Any suggestions or insight is appreciated.
We bought a 2013 Allegro RED 33aa in May 2014 at Lazydays on Tampa. The previous owner traded up to a Phaeton so we got a really good deal on it. We have been using it winters in AZ and FL as well as some other trips and we find it works very well for us. An earlier post mentions the convenience of an additional 1/2 bath. That's a good point but you will need to move up to a much longer coach to get that. We have travelled with other couples and grandchildren with no problem. The majority of the time it is just the two of us and we plan to keep this coach for many years.
We love it!
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
If floor plans are equal to your taste (and even if not), check what the actual CCC is on both coaches you are considering. It is usually on a sticker on the driver side wall near the floor. Lots of storage VOLUME is meaningless if when you fill it you exceed the cargo WEIGHT capacity of the chassis! You will notice that your available net CCC includes the weight of the occupants, your fresh water, gray water and black water tanks, any modifications you added, and whatever you put on board--food, tools, toys, grills, rugs, etc. Some RVs are so loaded with factory-installed (and some dealer add-on) options they have little or no actual cargo weight capacity left...

2014 Newmar Bay Star 3308
Patti Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

class a