Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #1

First Class A

My hubby and I are looking to upgrade from our Cougar Xlite 5th wheel to a 32-35ft diesel pusher. We've looking at the Winnebago Forza 34t and the Tiffin Allegro red 33aa either new or a 2016 gently used. The kitchen counter space in the Forza is larger and it seems to have tons of storage. We will probably hang onto it forever and travel in it for 4-5 months/year. Any suggestions or insight is appreciated.
kdjshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Go with the floor plan

Go with the one that has the floor plan that you like the best. When you live in one 4 or 5 months out of the year the floor plan really means a lot. You need one that will work for you. makes no difference make or model. If the floor plan isn't what you need to enjoy extended stay and workable for you, then don't buy it. Floor plan is the most important.
Mel
Old 09-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #5

I would say the floorplan is NOT the most important. A good floorplan doesn't help if the RV falls apart around you. I would think that most of us could adapt a little regarding a floorplan.

First choose a good manufacturer and check out the units thoroughly. Have an independent check out the motor/chassis.

Look for water stains; test all systems; do the slides work smoothly? How old are the tires - check the date on them. If around 6 yr. that could be a bargaining tool because they will need to be replaced soon and RV tires are expensive.

Hopefully, someone have the above that you mention will chime in on comments. Also check in on the owner's forums for the two manufacturers to get comments. Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #6

I can't speak for the Allegro, but I do own a 2015 Winnebago Forza 34T -and enjoy it, there is plenty of storage for two, even with the washer and dryer (nice to have). I tow a 2012 Jeep Wrangler and have no problems. Have about 9000 miles to date with no MAJOR problems, though some minor problems:
- windshield washer pump didn't work from day one, replaced with new.
- leaks around the drivers side window during a terrible storm driving in Minnesota (still working on that one).
- leak above the drivers side window - corrected with sealing the front cap, appeared that about a 1/2 inch was missed at assembly.
- leaks in the passenger side storage areas, worse one was the one in front of the rear tires, this is still a work in progress -found several places that were not properly sealed, and found one loose connection to the kitchen faucet. Still need to look good at the storage area on the passenger side behind the rear tires, and check the sealing of the wiring going to the inverter.
- drivers side slide controller went out, may have been from the leaks in the storage area. Replaced the controller and all is well for now, did find the screws holding the controller to the wall (front of the wheel well were not sealed at all). Did find that you can live semi-comfortably with the slide in - don't have to worry about rolling out of the bed.
Good luck in your decision.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:01 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
All other things being equal go,with floor plan you find more comfortable

Him and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #8

Thanks for the reply "leaks"! I guess all motorhomes have issues. If I buy a Forza during the PDI they might have a cow when I ask for a ladder to examine all the seals. When I bought my 5th wheel they had no problem setting up a ladder for me get on the roof and check all the seals there.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

We have a Forza 34T and are very happy with it. If you are seriously considering it I would recommend you check out the Facebook page for the Winnebago Forza. Apparently there are two now and I recommend the one that requires you to ask permission to join.

The other piece of advice I can give to you is when you go check it out at the dealer bring a book and possibly a DVD if you plan to spend time watching television in the coach and take at least an hour getting comfortable. Our 34T doesn't have an easy chair or recliner and I don't find the U couch very comfortable to sit on for long periods of time. Perhaps this is why they came up with the new model that has a dinette and a love seat. Fortunately we don't do a lot of sitting around in our coach and there's always the great outdoors to be enjoyed.

Finally, you may also want to check out a couple of the smaller entry-level Fleetwood diesel pushers. There was one with a very nice kitchen space that we considered but their queen size beds are shorter than a typical bed and we needed the full length.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One of the things I like about Winnebago is the resource site that you can access wiring, plumbing, parts lists, all kinds of stuff about your coach.

https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information

I was impressed that I could print a 177 page bill of materials that lists every part number used for my specific motorhome based on the serial number, from throw pillows to headlights. It tells you if that number is superseded, still available, etc.

Tiffin may do that too, I don't know.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:59 AM   #11
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
kdjshep,

One thing that I have learned is to walk through the coach with the slides OPEN and again with them CLOSED. See if you can get to what you need/want both ways. Sometimes you may need to stop at a Rest Area, Truck Stop, Wally World, Cabellas, or someplace else for either a short rest or an overnight between destinations. You cannot always put the slide(s) out on these occasions. For example, at a Rest Area, if you put a slide out you run the risk of a truck entering the next space and hitting your slide.

I want to be able to get to at least a bathroom and the fridge with the slides closed. I don't mind climbing over the side of the bed (instead of walking around) if I need to get some sleep. You may see it differently, of course.

Lots of folks say that floorplan is the top priority. Twogypsies make a great point: it's gotta be on a sound, reliable rig from a good manufacturer that will stand behind its product. Once you have that, then floorplan is important.

As others have said, (you will find this advice in many threads on this forum) ditch the salesman and stay in a rig you think you like for a while. Sit in various places, pretend cook (where is the stove, sink, dishes, food, oven, microwave, dishwasher), pretend shower (enough clearance), pretend nap (is the bed positioned comfortably for you), store and find your clothes (enough accessible storage), etc. Imagine it's raining outside, you are at a campground and it is just not worth going anywhere that day. Will it be comfortable for you?

Since you already have a 5th wheel, I risked stating some of the possible obvious issues to you. If so, I apologize. If it helps, then great.

Good luck in your search and welcome to iRV2!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good points,

To be a little sarcastic, if you have Schwintek operated slides, you need to walk through to see if you can still use the coach without the slides opening at all! You may find them on either brand in 2016.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #13

If you can find one, check out the Newmar Ventana 3412 LE and the non LE. There are differences in the two but the non LE can be loaded up very nicely if you desire.
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:54 AM   #14

Thank you everyone for the comments and good advice. To you Skywagon, this past weekend we looked at the Newmar Ventana (longer then we wanted) and we liked the quality. There are 2 shorter ones on order so we will look at them when they arrive. As you can see are not in a hurry to make a purchase. Someone told us the best time to buy a class A is in the spring. It's interesting that most salesmen urge us to buy a longer motorhome then what we want.

Tags
class a