Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #1

In may 05 I moved from a TT and bought my first motorhome. I had been looking for several months but everything the dealers had just didnt seem to fit. One day a dealer was kind enough to tell me about one of his clients that wanted to sell a 2002 36 ft Damon Intruder (wholesale pricing with 9k miles and some goodies). It is my first coach so naturally I loved it and still do. After reading some general discussions from the site I wonder what the more experienced coach owners think or can tell me about what to expect from the Damon brand or the ford triton V-10 gas engine.

Herd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #2

In may 05 I moved from a TT and bought my first motorhome. I had been looking for several months but everything the dealers had just didnt seem to fit. One day a dealer was kind enough to tell me about one of his clients that wanted to sell a 2002 36 ft Damon Intruder (wholesale pricing with 9k miles and some goodies). It is my first coach so naturally I loved it and still do. After reading some general discussions from the site I wonder what the more experienced coach owners think or can tell me about what to expect from the Damon brand or the ford triton V-10 gas engine.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:57 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 2002 Damon Intruder which we bought used with 9,000 miles on it. Former owner up-graded to a diesel after 6 months and It has had it problems,mostly with Known Damon defects but after taking care of them we like the motorhome.Don't expect any help,assistance with Damon,was told by Vice-president of service that Customer retention is not known there. Is yours a 379 model. Ours has a 8.1 on a workhorse chassis.I do all the maintnance as I have not had very good luck finding any Honest RV dealers. Good luck....Have you Named yours yet? Ours is called"Happy Days" cause of my signage..
Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #4

We have a 98 Pace Arrow with the ford V10,, no problems at all, donot know the Damon line, cant help with that..

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oklahoma MR C:
We have a 2002 Damon Intruder which we bought used with 9,000 miles on it. Former owner up-graded to a diesel after 6 months and It has had it problems,mostly with Known Damon defects but after taking care of them we like the motorhome.Don't expect any help,assistance with Damon,was told by Vice-president of service that Customer retention is not known there. Is yours a 379 model. Ours has a 8.1 on a workhorse chassis.I do all the maintnance as I have not had very good luck finding any Honest RV dealers. Good luck....Have you Named yours yet? Ours is called"Happy Days" cause of my signage.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No official name yet. Mine is the 341 model with the triton v-10 on the ford chassis. What were some of the problems Damon is known for? I have not had any major issues yet. Some fuses and minor coach electrical. I can do some mechanical things but I have my own business with multiple locations as well as three little kids. I tend to pay for that kind of stuff but Iam also tight when it comes to the $90 to $115 per hour labor rates. If general maintanence is easy to do I will certainly give it a go.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #6

Damon was the first coach I ever bought, back in '93. I bought it new and it was powered by a 454 GM engine. I kept it two years, about 20,000 miles, and never had a problem. I sold it for the same price I bought it for new less the taxes, 15% in Ontario. Best financial coach I had and probably ever will be. Best of luck, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Herd Fan, Damon known problems are dash A/C blows hot air..a electric valve that shuts off heater water when you turn on the A/C. The windshield pops out at top from factory not installing windshield correctly. The Slide seals being torn during installation. leaking basement doors seals. Once those are taken care of, your on your own!! Good luck!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #8
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Herd Fan,
We had a 1994 Damon Ultrasport 30' Class-C with the Ford E-350 and loved it, and had no real problems at all.I think if it had a slide we might still have it. In 2000 we moved up to a Thor Windsport 34' Class-A with a slide with the Ford V-10, and have not had any problems with that engine at all !!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #9

Herd fan, congratulations on getting your 2002 Damon motorhome, I haven't had any experience wih the Damon brand, enjoy your coach and have fun. Ed.S
Old 01-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Herd fan, members of our camping club seem to like Damons, I've never owned one but always thought they looked like a nice rig. We have friends that have motorhomes with the Ford V10 and they never complained about them. So I would think you got a nice rig- enjoy it!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote