Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #43

Welcome to the forum Southpark. :-)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpark View Post
My dear alwayson,

I've read this forum off and on since about 2005, but you finally got me to join. I gather the way things are usually done are more along the lines of "Sorry to bother you folks, while I know everyone has their own trials and tribulations in life, health issues, work commitments, family members who need you, and other aspects of daily life that consume your time, I could use a hand. I've got a new [name coach, year, and engine] and while I've tried to find it in the seeming 1000 pages of the manual I can't for the life of me find the service schedule. I too am burdened with things that consume my time, including one that is a whopper, but pardon me if I leave out the particulars. And I was hoping someone familiar with this engine could fill me in on when it is due for its first servicing. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!"

Now you wouldn't need to say every word, but I wanted you to get a feel for the sentiment involved. Most folks here are incredibly helpful. Regardless of what you've experienced elsewhere, I don't believe you have license to breeze in and treat people rudely.

And yes, I read your first post as incredibly rude, demanding, and completely insensitive to what the people you expect help from may be experiencing in their own lives.

But I assure you, that alone would never have prompted me to go through the trouble of joining this forum. What got me out of my chair, figuratively, were your sanctimonious replies to people who gave you a dose of what you brought on yourself.

Not one, not two, but to just about every single person who tried to point out your post made you sound insufferable -- or, and this seems to be lost on you, those who tried to tip you off that RVing isn't always like driving a car. You can't always just get in, get going, and take it to the dealer to get fixed. Things are always shaking, always breaking, some repair places are dishonest, some are incompetent, and if you don't take an active hand in learning the systems you may find yourself stuck, or ripped off to the tune of, possibly, thousands of dollars. Now you may be blessed beyond belief and avoid all of this, but that is what they were trying to warn you about.

Now I'm going to use your smarmy replies to others as my inspiration for my final paragraph. There's a lesson here, if you are open to it

Thank you alwayson for putting these people in their place. They were rude to you and you would think they were raised in a barn. I get the feeling none of these men ever worked for 35 years or more in any job -- least of all in something noble like the military or law enforcement. Moreover, my mother raised me to know that if you care for someone like a saint, and suffer every day for it, other people should not only divine this fact through the magic of the Internet, but leave their criticism of you at the door. When you're burdened as you are, the last thing you need to worry about is coming into a new group and conversing in the respectful manner to which they've grown accustomed. Snapping your fingers and getting prompt service is what you were right to expect. You're paying these forum contributors good money after all. And since none of them have jobs, loved ones to care for, or even health issues of their own, you're the one due the benefit of the doubt and due deference, not the other way around. And, as you suggest, they might be stupid and worthless anyway, like on other social media outlets. No need to waste your time listening to them drone on with all their experience and nonsense like that. One would think everyone here was raised in a barn. Well alwayson, it's nice to find someone else who understands you get more bees with vinegar. Have a joyous day and a blessed life. You are an inspiration to people everywhere!

Yes, indeed. WELCOME to the forum Southpark.

Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think this topic has more than ran it's course. Time to move on!

FMCA Local Chapter Secretary - Bay Area TravelerS (BATS)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
This thread may have run its course. But I have to admit I read it everyday. Not at all about when to change the oil but more of a study of social human interaction on the web.
After all South parks response was well worth the time spent. Priceless.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
I think this topic has more than ran it's course. Time to move on!

FMCA Local Chapter Secretary - Bay Area TravelerS (BATS)
Well you are certainly free to do that. Others may wish to continue reading, learning, posting.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #48

What.... we are just welcoming a new member Southpark.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #49

This is to South Park and i am glad you got out of your chair your point is taken , all I can say a man with a way with words , you're wasting a lot time of your time in that chair , a smart man , I really don't know how many times I have to say I am sorry , but please keep posting , the post didn't make me feel hurt or mad or attacked , I found myself wanting to know more about you and read more , but you missed one that I posted on the wrong thread , Maybe the next post you can nail me on that one . LOL and others seem to enjoy your way with words too , Dang , I wasn't going to post here again but you made me laugh Thanks for your time and the way with words . Blessing and Good By
alwayson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel