Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

First repair project for Tinkerbell

Hello friends. Its the first day above freezing since we bought our 2000 Rexhall and the wifey wanted to go for a short drive. It was raining and we found out one of the windshield wipers were broken and the barrel key for the hood on the key ring is the wrong size too...lol. The wiper arms are the double arm style called pantograph? Or is that just a brand? The smaller non driving arm on the passenger side has no connection on the rv, just a hole. I could not open the hood to see if the part is inside or gone completely. The other side works and its all there. I think I found the correct barrel key on ebay so I can open up the hood and look in a few days, but I dont even know what the missing part is called? Anyone have some experience working on these? Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And now the fun and memories begin.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #3

On my Itasca the shaft that the smaller arm connects to on the motorhome is part number 117768-01-000 and is called shaft-adapter pantograph arm. It takes a 10-32 acorn nut to hold the arm on. I would almost say it is the same on most of these motorhomes. If your smaller arm is missing it is a part of the larger arm and is 117769-01-000.
rlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyons View Post
On my Itasca the shaft that the smaller arm connects to on the motorhome is part number 117768-01-000 and is called shaft-adapter pantograph arm. It takes a 10-32 acorn nut to hold the arm on. I would almost say it is the same on most of these motorhomes. If your smaller arm is missing it is a part of the larger arm and is 117769-01-000.
Thank you for the info. It gives me a place to start. The large arm is attached by a nut but not the smaller one. Somehow the shaft adapter is screwed into the underside of it. The small arms look like they should have spring like the large arms but they are missing on both sides. I might end up getting the adapter plates from the am equipment website along with new arms.

Still waiting on the key so I can open the hood and see what kind of wiper motor I have...lol..
Old 02-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
Check at www.schoolbuspartsco.com They had a lot of wiper parts at one time.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
AM Equipment Windshield Wiper Systems & Durable DC Motors
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddcrispin View Post
Thank you for the info. It gives me a place to start. The large arm is attached by a nut but not the smaller one. Somehow the shaft adapter is screwed into the underside of it. The small arms look like they should have spring like the large arms but they are missing on both sides. I might end up getting the adapter plates from the am equipment website along with new arms.

Still waiting on the key so I can open the hood and see what kind of wiper motor I have...lol..
No springs on the small arms on mine. They just attach with a nut to a shaft that is protruding out of the body. They cause the wiper to wipe in a horizontal motion.

rlyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair