Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #15

Yes.....yes you can do it on $2500 per mo. .....after your motorhome expense, fuel will be biggest cost. Simple, make shorter trips. But not a gas rig.... My wife and I went from c class gas to small pusher, and now we are full timing in a big rig. My strong advise is join Passport America camping club. There are a number of camping clubs, but this is generally the most widely accepted club, with the most parks at 50% off regular camp fees.

You know your talent best, but its possible there are many larger RV parks that would actually HIRE YOU to perform your show for the resort entertainment. At the very least, chances are they would be willing to swap camping fees for entertainment. Hopefully you will soon appreciate the quiet of not running your generator and having good water pressure when NOT boondocking....ie using a campground.

From a large city, you should be able to find a campground and "commute" to the venues. However as I write this from a nice resort in my comfortable rv, its still raining outside, so I hope your motorcycle comes with a roof. .....kinda makes for a soggy gig when you arrive all wet.
Keep up your quest, and good work it CAN be done!!

BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #16

well thanks for the input once again.

to rent an rv would cost me twice as much! buying one is the cheapest way to go. plus i have some thing to show for it when i am done. if i rent an rv i just spend tens of thousands of dollars and have nothing to show for it. thats not good.

tonight i pulled the trigger and bought a RV. 2000 coachman sportsman diesel pusher. excellent condition inside and out. only 58,000 miles on it. all 4 rear tires are new and front are less then 8000 miles on them. loads of extras in there too. got it for under $39,000 so i am really happy with that. i think i have made the right choice and very confident that my budget is on target for my tour.
the one bonus for me is that the electronic break system was already installed on this RV so that saves me some $$ right off the bat as i am going to be pulling a 12' tandem axel trailer with about 3000 lbs in it.

yes i plan to be in Michigan but not sure what dates yet. i will be in 40+ states!
you can visit Sam Sandler Home Page Magician Illusionist | The Hilarious Magic of Sam Sandler to see the tour dates. they will be posting first week of July!

thanks again to every one that commented. i sincerely mean that. this forum has helped me seek out the perfect RV for me and my needs. your advice and experiences were invaluable. thanks again and i hope i get to meet some of you on the road.

magically yours

sam

Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #17

congrats new rv owner

Well welcome to the RV ownership club!, may your memories be many and your troubles be few. Congrats on the new rig. Please visit us on the IRv.2 forum for any help and advise as you travel, and set out on this new RVing adventure.
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #18

thanks for the welcome!

i will be driving the rig to each of my 300 shows and parking at the schools or theatres.

as i get my schedule together i do plan to come to the forums and ask questions such as sites to see and places to stay.
i do know that i am starting in Kansas early september. i plan to leave aug 30th so that my daughter and i can enjoy a fun filled ride with no pressures out to there. were leaving from Pa so in reality is should only take 2 days but we will have 7 days to enjoy the sites on the way to my first gig.

then its crazy time for us with 100 shows between sept 9th and dec 13. then we break for 25 days. will head back to pa and rest at parents house and friends house. then its back on the road for 6 months! woo hoo.

i am just thankful that my hard work has paid off and here i am now inspiring students across the country with my show. at the same time what a wonderful experience for me to share with my 15 year old daughter.

cant wait to get on the road!
i am a bit nervous about driving this big rig pulling a 12 foot trailer but realize that after the first few weeks it will all fall into place and be almost second nature.

sam
Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #19

Spending that much time on the road and travelling as many miles as you stated. The only way to go is Diesel with air ride suspension. Diesels tow much easier to boot. As a Newmar owner I can vouch for the quality in the Mountain Air. But a slide out is always nice to increase living area.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Spending that much time on the road and travelling as many miles as you stated. The only way to go is Diesel with air ride suspension. Diesels tow much easier to boot. As a Newmar owner I can vouch for the quality in the Mountain Air. But a slide out is always nice to increase living area.
agreed! i did go for a diesel pusher and air ride. the 1999 Mountain air i felt had too many issues with it. i discovered a leak in the roof when i opened one of the cabinets. and around the antenna crank there was another small amount of water. plus the RV was just too dated for us. it drove great but there was too much work to do to get it up to par in my opinion.

we went with a 2000 coachman sportsman with only 58,000 miles. excellent condition and met all my needs. does have one slide. cant wait to bring her home and get her ready for the tour.

thanks again for all the input and hope to meet some of you on the road.
sam
Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #21

well i tried to attach a picture but it did not take. hmm dont know what i did wrong. it wont attach no matter what i do. bummer