Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #1

first time rv'ers

Hello all, my wife and I just purchased a class a rv and are pretty excited to do some traveling and enjoying our time together- my question is 2 fold 1.) Does any one have a checklist of what to permanently store in the rv for the season or any opinions are also welcome and
2.) Any opinions on must see campsites and places. We live in new jersey are in our 30's and have a harley davidson that we would like to bring with us so we can ride when we arrive.
lowtiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I don't have a list, but you'll figure it out as you go? I do recommend the Kangamangus Hwy. in NH.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sure glad you joined us. Hope you enjoy your time on the site. Congrats on the purchase of the new to you Class A and hope you enjoy all your travels with it. I'm sure someone will be along with your checklist to help you along. You can go to Camping Locations and Informaton here on the site and post a question there to get answer on campgrounds you would like to visit. Make sure you mention the Harley and the riding you would like to do. I'm sure quite a few have motorcycles that they travel with and can really give you some ideas. If you get down to the Smokey Mtns. the Blue Ridge Parkway would be great. If you get the opportunity to make it to Black Hills, South Dakota another fabulous area for riding. Well enough of me babbling. Have a great experience, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome, this is a terrific place with great people and tons of information available.

If you head to the northeast I highly recommend the Champlain Islands in VT. Beautiful area and lots of great riding spots within easy day trip range.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
welcome to our world... I recently moved into a 5th wheel toy hauler so I could take my bike along on my travels. I hope you enjoy as much as I have been. (And I haven't even left yet!)

Have a look at RV Checklists for your checklists. I copied and modified several from there.

Oh, and google "Tail of the Dragon" for a great adventure... just try to avoid donating to the tree of shame.
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #6

Pack what you think you may need to cover all your bases, then modify as you go. We moved into a 37.5ft 5er almost a year ago and we are still downsizing. (read that as my hubby is a packrat). However enjoy yourselves and learn as you go. This is my favorite website to visit when I need info about anything. Chances are someone has encountered it before you. Before we bought our 5er I did alot of surfing the net for info about RVing FT. I do not want to go back to a S&B if I can help it. We are truly living our dream. Enjoy & cheers, Jeannine & Joe
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Welcome, I'm pretty new to site myself. What Motorhome did you buy? Congrats! Te site is very informative and fun to come into and just look around.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #8

Thank you all for the comments, the rv " brotherhood" is amazing and Im soo excited to be a part of it. The tail of the dragon looks to be a great first real road trip. We are going to take a few small local trips to get acclimated an we post some pictures soon.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here are a few things that might not show up on a list

~ tools
~ a bottle of assorted: screws, bolts, nuts, washers, fasteners....
~ extra hitch pins and clips for trailer to tow cycle
~ duck tape, electrical tape
~ silicon spray, WD-40
~ some rope (just never know)
~ extra plastic drain plug for water heater
~ sewing kit
~ extra fuses
~ assortment of electrical adapters 30 to 50, 50 to 30
~ extra length of electrical power cord
~ Water thief ( used it twice in the last 7 years)
~ water regulator
~ water fill hose with shut-off
~ awning de-flappers and anchor kit
~ awning light hangers ( we have ones with velcro to hold our patio lights)
~ extra interior light bulbs
~
~
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #10

we got a Windsport , 31H , 2008 It is very comfy for the 2 of us. We just need to start using it , waiting for nice weather.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #11

Superslif. Thank you for the good tips there , very helpful for sure.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
lowtiderider... Make sure you check your accommodations, Some are not to Biker friendly! just a tip!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome and happy RVing and biking. We have traveled with our Goldwing and Smart Car for the the last 4 years. Prior to that we just had the Wing or a car. We have never ran into a campground that did not welcome us as bikers. We have traveled with Harley riders and they have said their only problems came from being asked to not rev the bikes in the campground. As to what to take we plan for the season we are traveling in and pack accordingly. Even in the summer we have some heavier coats with us. We have traveled from AK to all over the lower 48 with kids and without. Deals Gap is a must and is Bikers Week Daytona Beach, FL. How will you be taking the Harley? We went with an enclosed trailer to keep it out of the weather and prying eyes. It also allows us to carry extra items we might want with the car and bike in the trailer.

Good luck, enjoy and ride safe.
goldwingerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello lowtiderider, welcome to the forum. We've been traveling nationwide since '06 and have never seen folks with bikes have a problem, other than possibly some bystanders drooling on them while they're gawking at them.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote