Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #15

If you are coming back from the Grand Circle trip through Utah try the North Rim of the Grand canyon.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmccon View Post
After several years of fun pulling a 26' Travel Trailer we began to seriously outgrow it. Traded it in over the weekend for our first motorhome (34' class A) and I have to say, despite my hesitations related to the costs, this first trip we're on (2 hour drive to Branson) is making me happy we went through with it. Among other things it's a much more comfortable ride for the kids and I love the additional living space and how much quicker it is to park and begin enjoying the campsite.

I envy all of you who get to do this all the time. My wife and I dream of one day being full-timers but we're another 15 years from retiring so for now we'll just be taking weekend trips and a couple of 1 to 2 week long trips per year.

Can't wait to take a longer trip when school's out in May. We're thinking about Myrtle Beach or possibly the Grand Canyon.
Be careful not to get too excited, it has been know to increase payments! We had a TT for one year, a 5th wheel for 2 years, factory ordered a 07 Discovery, had that for 5 years, and now our '12 American Coach. Our kids (twins) just turned 13, I figure 3-4 years of family travel before they likely won't want to do the family summer trip.
When I pulled our fiver, I got around 11MPG with the cummins Dodge, our last motorhome was 40ft and we pulled a Jeep Commander and it still averaged around 9-10....what are you getting with your new MH?

Old 03-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland
I saw that Branson got hit by a tornado a few weeks ago. How does everything look there? Are they getting things rebuilt?

We got hit by a tornado there about 7 years ago at America's Best Campground. Took off seven awnings in the campground and blew down a gas station they were building near there.
I'll stick to earthquakes...They only last a minute or less.
Yes, it was hit and there is visible damage. I was really surprised how much of the strip was affected. Looked like the tornado(s) went right up 76. There were signs blown down, roofs partially torn off. One 3 story hotel had the top floor blown away. Good thing it happened in the off-season!

They're recovering quickly. For the most part businesses are open. Lots of cleanup has been done. The Walmart in the middle of town is open despite damage to the front of the store. We had plenty to do while visiting.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgill
Be careful not to get too excited, it has been know to increase payments! We had a TT for one year, a 5th wheel for 2 years, factory ordered a 07 Discovery, had that for 5 years, and now our '12 American Coach. Our kids (twins) just turned 13, I figure 3-4 years of family travel before they likely won't want to do the family summer trip.
When I pulled our fiver, I got around 11MPG with the cummins Dodge, our last motorhome was 40ft and we pulled a Jeep Commander and it still averaged around 9-10....what are you getting with your new MH?
When I first checked it was 5.5 MPG (gulp!), but since then, driving it a little more carefully and not pushing it so hard, it's been between 7 and 8, thank goodness.

You might get more summer family trips with your kids than you're anticipating. We have 5 kids ages 12 to 19 (19 year old is out on her own) and they all still like to travel with us!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #19

Thanks everyone for the grand canyon and SD travel ideas. Will definitely keep these things in mind...adding to my trip research notes.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #20

Oops. Removing duplicate post...

Tags
motorhome