Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the great advice.

Outside isn't a great option as we will be in Milwaukee and other cold places in the winter.

Mike

MJD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #16

Carolina Campers
If you made it go through the roof like a periscope, then you could store it laying down on the roof. Then you could use it inside in bad weather or outside on the roof in warm weather.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #17

Carolina Campers
Just think, then if you attached a flag at the top you could use it as a flag pole.

If you were real ingenious you could attach the Seattle dish to the pole and get the best reception of all.

Of course you would need to add an item on your check out list; retract the awnings, lower the antenna, retract the jacks, down periscope on the fitness (stripper) pole, .....
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #18

Remember that RV roofs support the weight of the A/Cs, or a 300lb workman walking on them. If they can support that, handling a stripper pole would be just as easy...if it's mounted between beams and properly installed with the typical support used for those things. I'd bet some ex-contractor in Home Depot will be able to tell you what's needed.

Just install it like you would in a house...with the added work of sealing it on the roof.

On the floor, added bracing under the floor (and many re-modelers here on the forum have mentioned they've been able to access the correct spot from underneath) should be all that's needed.

Have fun with the project.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Good point on the strength of the roof.

The one in the house Baisley has a jack screw on one end and it expands against ceiling and floor with plates at each end to spread the force.

Not sure that would work but a couple properly placed brackets should.

Thanks for the help.
May own out first RV next week
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #20

Might be able to go through the floor and attach some sort of mount to the chassis frame. You can't get much stronger than that.

You might have something like that boat seat bracket welded from the bottom.

Have a pipe into another pipe from the top. The pipe below floor would be welded fast and then another slightly smaller pipe would slip into it.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
It will depend on the construction of the RV you end up with. Ours has good plywood subfloor and ceiling with rafters and cross braces. Use a suitable base to spread the load and you're good to go.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #22

Carolina Campers
I was thinking that maybe I should install a fitness (stripper) pole, for getting a good work out, but then my wife would have to get up off the couch.... Maybe a bicycle, at least I could hang it outside and make the other campers think we were fit people.... Perception is 9/10ths of the rule anyway...
Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't tell me this forum is not creative! If this forum can figure out how to put a stripper pole in an RV they can figure out anything.

P.S. I have used great restraint in not making an inappropriate remark here.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #24

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
Don't tell me this forum is not creative! If this forum can figure out how to put a stripper pole in an RV they can figure out anything.

P.S. I have used great restraint in not making an inappropriate remark here.
That is not fair... You have to think long term. Think of the resale value this would bring in... At least a few dollars here and there...
Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
This is very interesting. You mentioned "stripper pole", and all of the replies have been for a truly vertical "stripper pole". However, are you sure that she doesn't mean a horizontal (parallel) fitness bar? The main reason for my asking is because you mentioned "5 feet", which will not reach the ceiling, and you also mentioned the slides. I'm sure you know what you're asking about, but I just can't picture a vertical pole for exercising. I know the DW says that I think I know everything, but I really don't!
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
This is very interesting. You mentioned "stripper pole", and all of the replies have been for a truly vertical "stripper pole". However, are you sure that she doesn't mean a horizontal (parallel) fitness bar? The main reason for my asking is because you mentioned "5 feet", which will not reach the ceiling, and you also mentioned the slides. I'm sure you know what you're asking about, but I just can't picture a vertical pole for exercising. I know the DW says that I think I know everything, but I really don't!
I'm pretty sure he's referring to a floor to ceiling pole. This has become fairly popular as a fun way to get some pretty serious exercise... at least for those who aren't yet of Social Security age.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
We are talking about a vertical pole.

My wife has been going to pole work out classes for years besides other types of fitness training. She says pole is the best work out.

I mentioned 5ft because it is the distance between poles at the pole studio where she works out.

As for 5'3" I mentioned was referring to her height which translates to less room needed around the pole for workouts vs a taller girl.

I'm 50 she is mid 40s and we are moving into the RV to travel for my job so I don't have to fly back and forth across the country ever other week

Mike
Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #28

Carolina Campers
Hey Mike. I think everyone has their own RVing expectations.

A younger couple like you and the wife would naturally have different expectations and requirements than someone in their 60's or older.

Enjoy life whatever your age!