Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
We have been looking at a Fleetwood MH with a full wall slide. Tell me the good, bad and indifferent about Fleetwood MH and about the full wall slides.

Bill and Rose Fox and our shihtzu Cassie Rose
Hoping to fill this in with info on a MH soon!!
luvshihtzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
We have been looking at a Fleetwood MH with a full wall slide. Tell me the good, bad and indifferent about Fleetwood MH and about the full wall slides.

Bill and Rose Fox and our shihtzu Cassie Rose
Hoping to fill this in with info on a MH soon!!
luvshihtzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
luvshihtzus, welcome to irv2
I'm going to short cut your question down to the Fleetwood forum should get your answers there, there are some owners on that forum that should be able to answer your question.
Enjoy the forums post often and good luck in your quest.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
We love Our's, with slide out just like small appartment lot's of room. Have had very few problems, and Workhorse Chassis drives great.
H.B. & Deb. Molly(spoiled Shih Tzu) , 06 Pace Arrow ,36D full slide , electric jacks , 04 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aventa II , 97 Harley Heritage.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
Welcome luvshihtzus Glad you found us. I am sure you will get lots of answers here. Wwe are a great group of folks who love helping people. Hope you can join us on a campout. Check out our National Rally in Branson.
Sue <><

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tell me the good, bad and indifferent about Fleetwood MH and about the full wall slides </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fleetwood doesn't have all that great a reputation for customer support, but there are many happy Fleetwood owners....
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
You've come to the right website. You'll get lots of input here. Welcome

We're happy with our Bounder. So far, we've had very few issues & the ones that we've had that DH couldn't fix were taken care of just fine under warranty by our dealer. The Ford chassis with the new V10 5-speed w/tow haul, makes it drives very nicely. I would feel comfortable recommending a Fleetwood product.

I have to say we really like the new, full wall slide outs on the models we've seen at our dealer. As with any new option, we're taking a wait & see attitude to see how something so large holds up, although they definitely do make a coach very roomy. Especially those models that have a galley slide out too.

Good luck in your search & let us know what you get.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
luvshihtzu, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to helping answer some of your questions; unfortunately I cannot help much with the Fleetwood one. I can agree though that shihtzus are very lovable. I am sure you will find the answer on the forum. You will find we are a group of fun loving RVers that like to help each other where we can. If you have any questions just ask. Good luck and take care.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:21 AM   #9
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome also. The full wall slide was pioneered by Rexhall and called the T Rex. You might want to inquire on RV.Net how they are holding up for the Rexhall owners. That may give you a clue on how well the design elements work. Rexhall has had significant issues over the last few years so be prepared for a flame war. Good luck.
2006 Southwind 32 VS W-20, 2010 CRV EX-L, UP & Taylor Wires, IPD Anti-Sway Bars, Safe-T-Plus, Koni FSD's, Demco Tow Bar, Moto Sat, and Charlie the Chocolate Lab
Rocky 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
We have an O7 Expedition 38V that has the full wall slide. Have not had any problem with the slide at all, we love the openness of the floor plan. Don't know when or if we will have a problem with the slide, if we do we will deal with like any other problem. We had a 99 Rexhall Aerbus we traded in, we bought it new and it was a very reliable unit.
2007 Expedition 38V

300 HP Cat
Miserabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #11
We are picking up a new 06 Excursion tommorrow with 3 slides. 2 full wall. Seems like a hotel compared to our 98 Vectra with one slide. We have been looking since last summer and talked to many owners in Tuscon and Yuma. There were the usual complaints about small things not quite right but everyone was happy with the full wall slides. I will know more in a couple of months and post any major problems.
Norm Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Not too sure you have actually seen a full wall slide. You cannot have 3 slides if two are full wall. A full wall slide is approx 30' long. No-one that I am aware of has developed a MH with one on each side.
*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
I have A Pace Arrow 37C triple slide. Very few problems and most were not really FW. issues.FW is much better now in customer service in my opinion than they used to be. I would buy another one in a heart beat.
bird-freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
We are the proud owners of an 06 Providence 39V full slide. As others have already noted, the best thing is the wide open feeling you get with the full slide. We took delivery of our unit in April 2006 and have had no problems to speak of with the exception of a loose gasket. The only way I would trade at this point is if they came up with a new plan with the full slide plus two more which I have been told will never happen with the Freightliner chassis.

JCMSr is offline   Reply With Quote