Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #1

Fleetwood 39V floorplans

Greetings all!

Our deal on the 2007 Providence 39V is off. So we are shopping again. However both of us really like that floor plan. For those not aware, it is 2 slides. A 27' slide on the drivers side, and a small slide on the passenger side for the master bedroom. Very open floor plan.

I have 2 questions, base data for both, we want to stay in the 2007/2008 model range, both from a budget point of view and to avoid the newer EPA regulated emissions stuff.

#1 The unit we looked at, as it turns out the slide rails were shot in the big slide. Big job to repair. The unit had 34,000 miles, looked to be taken care of. I would hope rails would not fail in 5-6 years of use. Are these really large slides problematic? Wear slide rails quickly?

#2 Are their other brands that have a simular floor plan that we should include in our search?

Thanks, L.

PS, we leave on a 1 week trip on Friday, taking the 5'er one more time. We will resume our Class A shopping this winter.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #2

Slide rails... shot? This is virtually impossible. Who made that determination? Slides themselves do not wear out. The rollers or skid-pads (shoes) will need replaced over time, slide seals replaced, the electric motors will occasionally require replacement - and in the case of full wall slides, the motors may occasionally need sync'd.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
Slide rails... shot? This is virtually impossible. Who made that determination? Slides themselves do not wear out. The rollers or skid-pads (shoes) will need replaced over time, slide seals replaced, the electric motors will occasionally require replacement - and in the case of full wall slides, the motors may occasionally need sync'd.
Mine is a 40v revolution I'd like to know myself how do you were out steel rails?
Old 09-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

I should re-word, one rail was broken, another was bent. When we test drove the slide was not all the way in on the broken side. Of course lots of wind noise.

The dealer ordered new rails for it.

L.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
If the dealer is going to make it like new, why would you walk away if you really like the coach? Seems to me you would be getting a superior slide out compared to another used coach where you wouldn't know how good the slide out was?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #6

It was one of the reasons. I get your logic, however given in 2007 there were not a lot of 27' slides around, and given the RV is 6 years old, I found it surprising that the slide was having serious problems.

We intend to keep it for sometime, will it need major repairs in 5 more years?

From the responses here, it must be a unusual event, as others are complaining about issues with these very large slides.

Thanks all!

L.

Tags
fleetwood