Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
One more tidbit, the Axon is brand spanking new, along with 11 other models released from the REV group recently.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-New-RV-Models
Hey sir
Thank you for all the info. Are you familiar with the axon mh or with the fleetwood dealer?

Thanks and thank you for your service
Mr Nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2018, 04:32 PM   #16

Ok, back to post #3. Read up on what dealers are liked or hated here. The HR coach should give you more dealers to look at. Between HR and F/W, construction, reliability and warranty will be equal. Pick a dealer that won't desert you as soon as you sign the papers.
AITG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nuck View Post
Hey sir
Thank you for all the info. Are you familiar with the axon mh or with the fleetwood dealer?

Thanks and thank you for your service
Not at the moment, but I'd likely not be looking to buy from camping world.

I also have no problem buying an RV from a distance. You can ask on the fleewood forums who some beloved dealers might be, and then you can open the communication with them from there.

I actually like doing the deal at a distance. Which floorplan were you interested in? They are both nice... that big wall slide .. I'd be crossing my fingers the thing works.

But all in all, Fleetwood is pretty decent brand with a long history. and the American Coach line being a wonder for sure! I think this is the first time I've ever seen them make an even more entry level entry level coach.

If it were my money, and you didn't ask, I'd buy a shorter oldy but goody from a reputable shop and get past the dated decor. My wife however, would not agree

I tried to talk my wife into letting me snap up this incredibly clean, well made, mechanical wonder of an old high dollar coach.. but she was not on board

2001 Foretravel U295 36' Priced at $ 79500

That right there, is one reliable gem and clean as a whistle
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #18

Fleetwood axon

Hey folks
Looking for info on an 2018 fleetwood axon. Has anyone seen one of these new motorhomes quality, looks? Any help would be appreciated. Closest dealer to me is 9+ hours away.
Thanks in advance
Nuck
Old 01-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #19
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are looking at the 25S I would be concerned about getting to the restroom if the slide is in. Good luck in your search.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Yeah I thought it was gonna be easy....we are not near any mh dealers. Drove 2 hrs to camping world a couple weeks ago and thought about throwing in the towel after that...not fun at alll. Then we drove 5 hrs to Macon and had a much better experience but didn't fall in love. So now I figured I'd turn to the folks that have seen enough of them to say if I'm looking at a good product or not...like I say we like the fleetwood axon if anyone has purchased or seen one I would like to know,cause my next option would be to hop on a plane and do some shopping.

Thanks for your time
Nuck
Best option is an RV show where you can see a bunch of models under one roof. Camping world caters to the newbie buyer, which usually means lower quality, cheaper units. It’s disappointing to drive hours to look at RV’s and not see what you’re expecting to see.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
If you are looking at the 25S I would be concerned about getting to the restroom if the slide is in. Good luck in your search.
Good point... and a good example of why you need to spend some time inside the coach you think you want.
Can you walk around the bed without doing contortions or banging your head on the TV? Can you easily put away groceries and/or clothes without extending a slide? Can you fix and eat a quick meal without extending the slide? Can you watch TV without having to sit sideways?
The more time you spend just sitting in the coach the more you'll get a picture if it's right for you. Don't forget to enjoy the search and take your time. You are going to live with your choice for a while.
AITG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I tried to talk my wife into letting me snap up this incredibly clean, well made, mechanical wonder of an old high dollar coach.. but she was not on board

2001 Foretravel U295 36' Priced at $ 79500

That right there, is one reliable gem and clean as a whistle
Hey Plasma,
WOW, that's funny you linked to that coach because we've been looking at that very coach the past few days online. It is sooooo... tempting—but for us—I'm just not ready to jump into a DP for reasons I've gone into just recently in another post. But yeah, that's a nice coach and a lot of bang for the buck. That dealer is only about 2.5hrs. away from where we currently are too.

Now to the OP,
IMO, Fleetwood over all—historically—is a good brand AND it is supported well by the REV Group. This is a BIG plus concerning possible post purchase service.

Having a real good dealer will be important for warranty work. Avoid CW as your dealer. Sales dept. promise's the "world", service dept. delivers little.

Since you are new to RVing and asked for any advice, I went and watched a video on YT about this coach. The first thing I noticed is that the outside bay doors all open from the top and swing down. That right there is an issue for me. I do NOT like this feature. It causes other problems.

It's little things like this you need to learn what works well and what doesn't. Reading this forum a lot, watching YT video's, going to shows, walking used lots and seeing other MH's—will over time—teach you what to look for.

Looking at the floorpan & the bling is OK, but looking deeper into the features, and everyday functions of systems is far more important IMO.

So you need to take the time to really learn about all these "little" things about different MH's and their design and features and how they work. Do they have easy access to maintain and so forth. It's called doing your due diligence before you can make a good decision on what will work for you guys. You made a good start by coming here and asking this question.

CCC is also a big thing for me too. If you're going to do a lot traveling, this will be important to you too.

This MH is a new roll out so like anything that is ver 1.0 it will probably have some issues that will need to be worked out post purchase, so that's why having a real good dealer—with a good service dept. that actually takes care of their customers—will be important OR if you live fairly close to a REV Group Service Center. Say within 300-500 miles or so. Longer distance will work too, if you have the time.

Good luck.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #23

All great points

It would be nice to have a dealer close by but I'm in western north carolina, so anything we pick is gonna be a day drive to get servived. You've all made great suggestions for us to keep in mind.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Hey Plasma,
WOW, that's funny you linked to that coach because we've been looking at that very coach the past few days online. It is sooooo... tempting—but for us—I'm just not ready to jump into a DP for reasons I've gone into just recently in another post. But yeah, that's a nice coach and a lot of bang for the buck. That dealer is only about 2.5hrs. away from where we currently are too.

Now to the OP,
IMO, Fleetwood over all—historically—is a good brand AND it is supported well by the REV Group. This is a BIG plus concerning possible post purchase service.

Having a real good dealer will be important for warranty work. Avoid CW as your dealer. Sales dept. promise's the "world", service dept. delivers little.

Since you are new to RVing and asked for any advice, I went and watched a video on YT about this coach. The first thing I noticed is that the outside bay doors all open from the top and swing down. That right there is an issue for me. I do NOT like this feature. It causes other problems.

It's little things like this you need to learn what works well and what doesn't. Reading this forum a lot, watching YT video's, going to shows, walking used lots and seeing other MH's—will over time—teach you what to look for.

Looking at the floorpan & the bling is OK, but looking deeper into the features, and everyday functions of systems is far more important IMO.

So you need to take the time to really learn about all these "little" things about different MH's and their design and features and how they work. Do they have easy access to maintain and so forth. It's called doing your due diligence before you can make a good decision on what will work for you guys. You made a good start by coming here and asking this question.

CCC is also a big thing for me too. If you're going to do a lot traveling, this will be important to you too.

This MH is a new roll out so like anything that is ver 1.0 it will probably have some issues that will need to be worked out post purchase, so that's why having a real good dealer—with a good service dept. that actually takes care of their customers—will be important OR if you live fairly close to a REV Group Service Center. Say within 300-500 miles or so. Longer distance will work too, if you have the time.

Good luck.
How Funny... That coach looks like a Gem. I just drove by you the other day on the way to Woodville. I actually live more like.. in Conroe, just on the other side.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
It would be nice to have a dealer close by but I'm in western north carolina, so anything we pick is gonna be a day drive to get servived. You've all made great suggestions for us to keep in mind.
TO the OP, buying any new (to mean, not used) RV is always taking a risk. There's a very real risk that you will need many trips back to the service center in the first year.

I personally feel the risk goes up when you couple that with a Ver 1 of a unit.

I also feel the risk goes up when that ver 1 is an entry level coach.

This can be very frustrating. It's common business for the manufacturer to just sort of.... kick out units quickly and leave you and the dealer holding the bag to tune it in.

This is well documented all over IRV2 and all over the internet and youtube. If you know this going into it, and you are prepared for what some consider a nightmare, then you can be mentally ready for the challenge.

Personally, that rig would NOT leave that dealers lot until I was satisfied. The dealer knows that most 1st time buyers don't know what to look for and they are so excited to "get on the road", and once you've left the lot, the game of rope a dope can begin if you don't have an awesome dealer.

It's better to be patient, take someone with you who knows RV's very well to be your advocate, and make the dealer truly get everything fixed as best you can before taking delivery.

truthfully, you want to REALLY inspect the unit before signing. That means plugging it in, operating everything, driving it, testing all the systems - it's laborious . You even want to crawl under it. Was the unit delivered on salted roads? Does the underbelly look tight?

Some dealers are resistant to this. I had a dealer tell me that they would happily plug it in for me, as long as I had already signed the papers...NOPE! I walked as fast as I could.

No other time has Caveat Emperor meant more than when buying an rv.

Buying an RV leaves you with no protection, and warranties seem like most are just for show. The paperwork you sign when buying literally signs all of your rights away, read it carefully.

Who you choose to do business with with your dollars is a serious choice, both the dealer and the maker. Read reviews on your dealers carefully.

To give you an example, I just bought an RV from a dealer over 2000 miles away because I wanted to reward this particular dealer for being a great dealer, and rewarding a brand that does things right.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #26

The REV group bought the rights to Fleetwood, Monaco, HR, and American Coach around the economic downturn 2008 - 2009. We toured the Rev plant in Decatur and they were building HR, American Coach, and Fleetwood on the same production line. They do change some of the amenities and colors but are similar floor plans with coaches at similar price points.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #27

American Coach is there top of the line (ie Cadilac if you will). Check out Rev’s web site. All brands listed.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #28

Oh my, this is gonna drive me to drink lol. ..are full wall slides a bad idea??

Tags
fleetwood