Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #15

Click image for larger version

Name:	gauge 1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	22852

Click image for larger version

Name:	gauge 3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	22855

The gauge is sitting on 1/3...Guess I need a new one...Any suggestions??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #16

See if the Help line will give you a part number , for the gauge, then see if any other supplier can cross refrence it from the F/L number.
When I was tracking down a rad fan control module , the Help Line would only give P/N & approx retail, and refered me to the closest dealer for exact price. That may have been due to shiping and exchange rates at the time.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #17

OK guys...No help from CAR or Freightliner...Whatever...I purchased a nice Colbalt gauge from Autometer (with sender). Installed it like a pro. Now I have a temp to look at. I feel safer now. As far as a "Temp Sender", I believe the gauge reads from the computer as well. Right off the "Temp Sensor"...I couldn't find a "Sender" anywhere....
Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #18

New Problem...I have the dash air...Denso I believe. Air works great, Cold etc...Problem is..Keeps blowing the 10amp fuse...I realize it may be a short somewhere. Does anyone know if the evaporator fan runs off this fuse? Compressor works, bubbles in sight glass, cold air...Any info would be great..Thanks
Old 07-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
10 Amp fuse on a fan seems to me kinda small....... try a 15 then a 20 and see if any wires are hot.. if it keeps blowing the fuse and no cold air the fan runs on that fuse too...........
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #20

Spent the day fixing the problem...The Evaporator fan and the blower fan are on the same fuse. (30amp)...Both work great. The AC fuse was an in line 10 amp fuse. Sort of hidden away. Tried a new 10 amp and it blew. Put in a 20 amp circuit breaker, the wire got a little warm then cooled right off. Never got hot again. So I figure, this AC hasn't run in awhile, and when it did start something wasn't right and after it ran a few minutes it got better and better. Just needed to be run like everything elese in these motorhomes. She puts out "Cold Air" now...Thanks for the help...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #21

After 10 months I finally got part numbers for a "Temp Gauge"...After going to Fleetwood and getting sent to Freightliner the sent to CAT and send again back to Fleetwood..All this 2 or 3 times. Someone at Fleetwood finally came through. Thank you.. I found replacemant gauges..$281.00 and up...Say What??? I'll pay it...But first I'm gonna find the sending unit on the engine....
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #22

New Batteries

02 Fleetwood Discovery...CAT 3126E....
Does anyone know that when I change the batteries in this coach if the ECM needs to be reprogrammed....Have lots of manuals but nothing says.....
Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammax View Post
02 Fleetwood Discovery...CAT 3126E....
Does anyone know that when I change the batteries in this coach if the ECM needs to be reprogrammed....Have lots of manuals but nothing says.....
No, you'll not have to take it to any shop for reprogramming. Older 'adaptive software' in engine's and tranni's ECMs 'forgot' what they'd learned on the road when you disconnected the battery for several hours. Newer ECMs have non-volatile memory and retain what they've learned. Both systems have a 'default' setup that is perfectly capable of operating normally. What the 'adaptive software' does is to learn while driving and 'adapt' to changing conditions caused by wear in the engine while the tranni 'learns' to adapt to both the engines operational perimeters and the users shift patterns. Even if this knowledge is lost, it soon 'relearns' after a couple hundred miles driven.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #24

Can anyone tell me? Is I80 from Reno to Illinois a good road to travel in June?
How are the mountains?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammax View Post
Can anyone tell me? Is I80 from Reno to Illinois a good road to travel in June?
How are the mountains?
Sam, you should start a new post , when ask a new question. I found this by accident when looking for gauge info. Try re-posting in Crossroads-about traveling. You'll get more views and info.

Tags
fleetwood