Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
alpha99's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Stooksbury View Post
I bought a 2007 fleetwood revolution 42n,in december 2013.
I have had many problems with it.
Our 1st trip the generator would not start,completely out of coolant
Next the dash air inop.
Have a bad airleak at driver windshield,fairing ,the verticle fairing is loose and i have to tape it to keep from blowing off.
Next trip,in May 2014,jack leveling foot completely came off somewhere, in,nc.or va.
Then the hydraulic levelers blew a hydraulic hose due to the pump overheating or or\ver pressure.
The service engine light flashed several times on our trip.
Got the coach back home took it to,Cat dealer Jefferson,ga.they found a hole in the intake duct after the turbo,the duct rubed a hole in the exhaust duct.
It has been 1 thing after another.I am extremely dissapointed in the coach.
If you have any questinos,there is more problems,snd me a message.
by the way i bought this coach from,CAMPING WORLD IN ATLANTA,nuff said???

Ugh. well that certainly doesn't sound good.
__________________

__________________
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
krivanj's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Posts: 639
What did you do for the cap to repair it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
06-07 should be on a spartan mountain master chassis (very good) 40ft coach. As for the clear coat I think all black caps peeled. Just got through repairing mine myself 3 hrs of my labor and a $100 in supplies or $2,500 at CW. The ride and power are excellent.
Hi Rooster,
My front cap is also losing its clear coat. Can you describe what you did to fix it as you described above? Also, how did you reach all of it without walking on it?
Thanks....
__________________

__________________
Revolution LE 38X C9 Cat
2011 Scion TC toad
1985 KLR 600 as a backup...
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:06 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,507
They hardest part is the sanding, I stood in a front end loader for some sanding and got on the roof for the other. I let mine peel all it was going to for 2 reasons less sanding because your only sand the clear coat and I didn't want any old clear coat to peel with the new on top. After sanding I cleaned it 3 times with dawn dish washing soap you do not want any oily residue so after that don't touch where gloves. For the clear coat I used spray max 2 k high gloss clear coat a 2 part paint in a can. It is real automotive clear coat it's recommended to use a respirator so I did bought one on amazon cheap. I am not a expert by any means but if it works and looks good which it does I like it.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409486733.976573.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	731.1 KB
ID:	72482Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409486754.776622.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	723.6 KB
ID:	72483Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409486769.082388.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	686.8 KB
ID:	72484
__________________
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:14 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Stooksbury View Post
I bought a 2007 fleetwood revolution 42n,in december 2013.
I have had many problems with it.
Our 1st trip the generator would not start,completely out of coolant
Next the dash air inop.
Have a bad airleak at driver windshield,fairing ,the verticle fairing is loose and i have to tape it to keep from blowing off.
Next trip,in May 2014,jack leveling foot completely came off somewhere, in,nc.or va.
Then the hydraulic levelers blew a hydraulic hose due to the pump overheating or or\ver pressure.
The service engine light flashed several times on our trip.
Got the coach back home took it to,Cat dealer Jefferson,ga.they found a hole in the intake duct after the turbo,the duct rubed a hole in the exhaust duct.
It has been 1 thing after another.I am extremely dissapointed in the coach.
If you have any questinos,there is more problems,snd me a message.
by the way i bought this coach from,CAMPING WORLD IN ATLANTA,nuff said???
Dang sorry about you troubles, have you had genny fix yet just wondering were the coolant went was it the plastic coolant tank$$$$$. How the cat dealer work out I will probably let them due my valve lashing. Sounds like most of the stuff that went wrong was due to poor CW inspection.
__________________
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
krivanj's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
Posts: 639
Thank you so much, Rooster! This is a job I have to do sometime this year.
__________________
Revolution LE 38X C9 Cat
2011 Scion TC toad
1985 KLR 600 as a backup...
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 42
poor cw pre inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Dang sorry about you troubles, have you had genny fix yet just wondering were the coolant went was it the plastic coolant tank$$$$$. How the cat dealer work out I will probably let them due my valve lashing. Sounds like most of the stuff that went wrong was due to poor CW inspection.
Yes definately poor cw workmanship.
I would not reccommend CW.
__________________
Ray Stooksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 42
It was a cracked coolant tank.
Yancey brothers did a good job on the engine,I just wish CW was comparable.
__________________
Ray Stooksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
They hardest part is the sanding, I stood in a front end loader for some sanding and got on the roof for the other. I let mine peel all it was going to for 2 reasons less sanding because your only sand the clear coat and I didn't want any old clear coat to peel with the new on top. After sanding I cleaned it 3 times with dawn dish washing soap you do not want any oily residue so after that don't touch where gloves. For the clear coat I used spray max 2 k high gloss clear coat a 2 part paint in a can. It is real automotive clear coat it's recommended to use a respirator so I did bought one on amazon cheap. I am not a expert by any means but if it works and looks good which it does I like it.Attachment 72482Attachment 72483Attachment 72484
Been there. We didn't have the front end loader but had a tall ladder. Wrapped the sides in old towels so I could lean it against the cap without scratching it. Sanded it down, went through the base coat in a couple spots so just shot it with base coat a couple times. Added an hour and 20 bucks to the job. Essentially two base coats and 4 clear coats with spray max 2K and it was as good as new. That was 4 years ago and within a couple years I'll probably do it again as I've had a couple of bird strikes and gravel chip it up. I did as far as I could from the roof and the rest from the front. Reference the spraymax2K, first coat should be light and the rest heavy. If you screw up and make a run (too heavy) just continue on. DON'T TRY AND FIX IT. Once its all done you wont notice it as its pretty high up. We have also repaired an area or two of the clear coat fracturing using the same product but you need to use a filler primer and sand the cracks out first. Not that hard, kinda fun and like everything a learning experience.
__________________
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
akeyzoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 959
Tha Rooster,
I was wondering how to get access up there, now I need to buy a front end loader!!!!

I need to do mine. I am torn between repainting black (looks best) or using one of the silver colors up top. Was thinking I would paint the top cap and the front hood (the one that opens to gain access to genny) matching silver. This would likely help keep the front of the coach much cooler!

I may rent scaffolding or engineer up something.

Did you pull the rubber along the top of the windshield or just leave it?

Chris
__________________
------------------------------------
American Revolution 40L CAT C9
Samsung 197, TireMinder, Ready Brute Elite with Wrangler
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
Tha Rooster,
I was wondering how to get access up there, now I need to buy a front end loader!!!!

I need to do mine. I am torn between repainting black (looks best) or using one of the silver colors up top. Was thinking I would paint the top cap and the front hood (the one that opens to gain access to genny) matching silver. This would likely help keep the front of the coach much cooler!

I may rent scaffolding or engineer up something.

Did you pull the rubber along the top of the windshield or just leave it?

Chris

Good morning Chris. We actually taped below the seal and then sprayed the seal as well. Came out nice and shiny. Not to sure that's the right way to do it though.
__________________
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
TexasTom's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 955
The Revolution that we used was in excellent shape and performed flawlessly in all ways, except one. The AC couldn't keep up with the Texas heat.
__________________
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
lhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston,Tx,USA
Posts: 254
I have an '07 Newmar Dutch Star and my best friend has an '07 Revolution. If I had it to do over again, I'd find myself a Revolution too. There are a few things I like about the DS over the REV, but overall, I like his REV better than my DS.
__________________
'07 Dutch Star 4023
'15 Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee
lhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Chiefly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 274
Just recently bought a 2006 Revolution 40 LE and so far it has been flawless. Everything works and while I need to upgrade things like the TV's and VCR we are really happy with it. I'm the second owner and have a binder full of repair history/service which is handy. This drives really nice and we are ecstatic with it. The AC's easily kept up in 103 temp yesterday. Check it over carefully but we highly recommend it.


Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
Tha Rooster,
I was wondering how to get access up there, now I need to buy a front end loader!!!!

I need to do mine. I am torn between repainting black (looks best) or using one of the silver colors up top. Was thinking I would paint the top cap and the front hood (the one that opens to gain access to genny) matching silver. This would likely help keep the front of the coach much cooler!

I may rent scaffolding or engineer up something.

Did you pull the rubber along the top of the windshield or just leave it?

Chris

I taped along the rubber, I had also thought about painting the front cap grey which should be a little cooler but that would have been more work painting the base the clear coat. Scaffolding would work good also.
__________________

__________________
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fleetwood



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instrument cluster issues 2004 Fleetwood Revolution alpineman1 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 16 10-03-2014 05:18 PM
2003 Fleetwood Revolution 40C JAWill2 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 26 08-29-2014 08:59 PM
110 power issues - 2002 Fleetwood revolution ksk5568 RV Systems & Appliances 1 08-10-2014 04:39 PM
2008 Feetwood Revolution 43N Csm2012 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 17 07-08-2014 10:07 PM
No crank when key turned to start position '07 Fleetwood Revolution rlund1 Class A Motorhome Discussions 13 12-08-2013 09:04 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.