Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood Revolution rear camera

Just bought 2008 Rev and the camera doesn't seem to work although there doesn't seem to be a reason why not. The dash screen works the radio and the nav screen is there but says it needs disc. I can't find any manuals that actually say how to turn on the cameras (side & rear) Do you just push the camera on the touch screen and it should come on? It is a Pioneer AVIC D3. Settings show that camera is on but nothing on the screen .Are there any particulars like engine has to be on or ? Parking brake is on .The Fleetwood manuals offer very little info on most of the features thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will see what I can find in my owners stuff Tomorrow. I know the first time I had a hard time getting mine to come on. Seems like it was AV2

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just found a user manual on the Pioneer system and it says if your cameras are set to work with reverse gear the cameras will only work when moving forward if set to on. So... Is it possible that it won't show images if you are not moving? Our Mountain air had image if camera was on, on was on, maybe this on with the blinker and reverse stuff might be too fancy for us to operate
Old 07-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine works moving or parked and even with the park switch on the dash on. But I am thinking it was AV2 on the display.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
That is what I thought it should do. The dealership couldn't figure it out either, after a very long demo session ( boy do we have a lot to learn) we all decided that it should be in the manuals. After several hours now I'm pretty convinced it is not. Lol Thank you I'll look forward to hearing more from you. Hopefully it is operator error but if not they have promised to fix it if we can convince them it is broken
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #6

I thought they would activate the rear once you engaged reverse or activated the left or right directional signal? No change when doing any if these ? Would think tapping the screen would give you something too. Am sure someone will chime in soon,
Old 07-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #7

I have a choice GPS or camera choose camera stays on all the time. Turn left blinker on it look left turn right blinker on it looks left and you turn either side on the sound stops.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #8

Check the video feed cable to see it's plugged all the way in. Ours fell out. (the feed block should be at firewall behind screen)
Old 07-31-2014, 09:05 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes, it is on AV2 and this morning it came on right when we turned it on. Last night we noticed a light still on in the upper panel and not sure why it was still on he turned the engine batteries off in the back. I'm wondering if that maybe reset it. In the process of 3 different people at the dealership poking around on it, then us trying several times maybe something happened that could have locked it out? Except it seems like if that were the case the radio ect wouldn't still be working. Also, there is a Park/Travel switch at the end of the row of buttons where the gen button is. Wondering what is this button? Also, I did change the setting last night on camera where is offers battery or GRD (ground?) to GRD. Maybe this plays a part? Glad it's resolved but if anyone sees something obvious in this scenario please let me know so we don't make that mistake again! Thanks for your help! We are so excited to be in our dream coach , started camping 25 years ago in an army tent with 4 kids...that was great too....but this is just amazing. I'm can't believe we finally own one (our first diesel pusher)
Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sometimes when I have had mine shut down for awhile I have to push the map button after the red texted screen comes on. ( might be a red screen with black text or vice versa)

I have mine set to ground. Not really sure why it is, a buddy that works audio thought that's the way it should be. If anyone knows anything about that setting please inform us.

Glad you got it working.
Do you have voice guidance with your GPS?

The park/travel switch controls the radio and allows you to have it on while the key is out.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine is on all the time. However, there are times when it seems to lock up and the screen is blank no matter I try. The only thing that brings it back is to reset the system. It is a hassle but at least I know how to get the image back. I agree the manuals are horrible and there were things my dealer couldn't explain either. You would think the dealer would check it all out when they took it in trade. I was fortunate and had the previous owner's registration so I wrote him and he was kind enough to answer all my questions.
qqvepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am not sure if it has the GPS voice system or not. It has a lot of cool stuff that's for sure. Thank you both and it is good to know it is not just you.

Tags
camera, fleetwood