The mod was really not that difficult. More money than I anticipated, but what the heck. I tore out the couch and the dinette. Put them both on Craigslist, sold them the same day. After I got the dining booth out there was a little touchup work to do. Electrical box to mount, wood trim added to cover some of the holes, mostly cosmetic stuff. The existing linoleum and carpet pulled out easy. The hard part was pulling all the staples out of the floor. I removed the two captain chairs so I could work up under the dash. We took the doghouse out, applied new insulation under it, then it was recovered when the floor was redone.
Fortunately for us, there is a gentleman in our town who installs flooring in motorhomes(https://groups.yahoo.com/group/ernie...elingandrepair
). He is normally booked up several months in advance, but as I was monitoring his blog, he had a cancellation. I booked him and began the tear out. I took the MH to him as soon as I had it cleaned out. We then went and picked out the carpet and the hardwood flooring.The flooring is Bruce Engineered Flooring and was glued down. Ernie doesn't do floating floors.
If I can provide any more tips or suggestions let me know.