Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #1

I'd like to hear from someone else who has a Terra 32S by Fleetwood on a Workhorse chassis.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #2

I'd like to hear from someone else who has a Terra 32S by Fleetwood on a Workhorse chassis.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You certainly can't go wrong with the chassis!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:02 PM   #4

Hello
Well we have a Terra 32S (2004) on the workhorse chassie, and it runs great now, but had a few problems. The front brakes were dragging and had to be replaced, then had to have it aligned but still wandered. So found a ball joint on the Idler arm was coming out of the socket and had to be replaced. Then I had the new heavy duty Bell Cranks put on (aftermarket) and now is seems to run pretty good. Also had the Henderson rear bar put on to stop the rear from wagging. But I do still have one front brake squeeking in slow traffic. Other wise the power is much better than my old 454 Winnebago, and runs real smood power wise.
I have a friend who has a rig about the same length as ours on a ford chassie and he loves it so who knows. Hope this is of some help
George
Old 01-01-2005, 06:27 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You certainly can't go wrong with the chassis!
DriVer
"Administrator"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the workhorse chassie, and it had a few problems. The front brakes were dragging and had to be replaced, then had to have it aligned but still wandered. So found a ball joint on the Idler arm was coming out of the socket and had to be replaced. Then I had the new heavy duty Bell Cranks put on (aftermarket) and now is seems to run pretty good. Also had the Henderson rear bar put on to stop the rear from wagging. But I do still have one front brake squeeking in slow traffic.
George Cayer
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do these two speak of the same chassis? Hmmmm?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do these two speak of the same chassis? Hmmmm? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kirk,

I'll bet DriVer is thinking W20 or W22 chassis and George Cayer is talking about a P30 chassis. The mention of heavy duty bell cranks is the clue to the P30.

95 Bounder 32H F53
Retired House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:57 AM   #7

Thanks guys for the replys, sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I have the Workhorse P-30 chassis and 8.1 Vortec. Very satisfied with both. Not happy with all the Fleetwood problems that I've had though. Mostly incomptent dealer service.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #8

We have a 05 32s with the workhorse. Overall happy with it. Some issues that for some reason take at least two trips to the dealer to resolve. The biggest one is the toilet clogging up. The last big one was the slide shifted.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #9

What happened to Steve & Dora's slide????
Old 04-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #10

It shifted, front upper corner started rubbing. Was adjusting screws loose, according to the dealer. Have to agree with you on dealer compentence. I am finding takes at least two trips to resolve a issue. For example, they fixed the adjustment, put in a new seal and facia, but didnt think to repaint the part that had rubbed down to the metal. I would have left it, but needed it the following weekend.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #11

It's a shame too, the RV's seem to be really nice but service is terrible. I've been in the service business all my life until retirement two years ago. I hear it on RV's everywhere that I go.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:36 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve&Dora:
We have a 05 32s with the workhorse. Overall happy with it. Some issues that for some reason take at least two trips to the dealer to resolve. The biggest one is the toilet clogging up. The last big one was the slide shifted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I resolved the toilet issue, but it takes a little work. Check out the repair at the IRV2 Forum M/H - Problems, Solutions & After Market/ Fleetwod Terra Toilet Clog, May 31. The tank has a shelf in it instead of dropping straight into the fluid.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 2004 Fleetwood Terra 32S.

Chassis - I'm really happy with the Workhorse Chassis except the brakes. After blleding the lines, lubing the calipers and putting disc quiet on all the brake pads I finally got it to stop better and not squeal.

Dash - Had the Actia Dash replced under warranty. So far so good.

Rear end - I put air bags on the rear to level the ride for my boat. Never realy had any handling problems.

Toilet - The clogging toilet is a bad design by Fleetwood (odd shape tank), but they won't admit there is a problem. I was able to enlarge the tank opening and make it work right.

Dining Table - I recovered the dining table with another sheet of formica to get rid of those two huge drink holders.

There has been a couple of major issues and a few little ones. I'm more anal than most on how things work, but the coach seems to perform well now.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #14

Don
Do you use the dinette area as a bed too? Would seem that adding to the table top would make for a even bumpier bed there.