Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
ME TOO! I think that looks so hot and makes a coach look high end.

here's what I found out.

It will also cost me $150.00 per window to have them swapped.

My local rv guy told me of a place in Arkansas that will clean them and reseal them. Cost there is $200 per window.

SO here's my thought. The drivers window has to come out when I get the wall fixed... this is before I will be near arkansas. So I say buy the fleetwood drivers window, and have it changed when I put in the wall, so it only has to be done once and water sealed correctly. That's 700 total.

Then on my way to Chicago next month from Dallas, arkansas is right on my way. Stop there and do the rest of the windows (that's 9 windows x 200 = 1800)

1800 + 700 = 2500.

VS 6 new windows at $2000 + 150 x 6 = 2900.

Mind you, in the first set of numbers there, I calculated on every window, including bathroom and bedroom. In my second version, I only calculated the front and slide windows, leaving the bedroom and bathroom out.

Version 1 is the better route me thinks.
Let me give you some advice on your plan first of all the guy you are talking about is in Searcy. I have been there and had them give me a price quote on my allegro bus windows. that 200 depends on whether or not they have to replace them. The one on my door is milky white. They told me that was etched and the window would have to be replaced. The way they replace them is to take out the old window. Cut out new windows. Send them to Memphis to be hardened and DOT tested. If I used my toad and took them to Memphis ( approximately an hour drive) They could have them cut out and installed in three days. If they had to put them on the delivery truck to Memphis would take about a week. My drivers side by the seat is actually three individual windows just one big opening. To take those windows out and clean then reseal them was 200.00 per window or 600.00 to replace the window in the door was 400. and to remove clean and seal the second window was 200.00 so the total just to get the door windows and the windows next to the drivers seat was 1200.00 The 2000.00 for new windows all the way around does not sound like a bad price. If you do go to searcy make sure you call and make a reservation. I was going to be in the area for a week so I thought it would be easy to just go there live in it while they were working on the windows and get out. They told me to make an appointment to get it fixed, currently they were booked for about three weeks.

I have been busy since then and have not made an appointment but I will probably get mine fixed there unless I can find a deal for 2000 for all of them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
Let me give you some advice on your plan first of all the guy you are talking about is in Searcy. I have been there and had them give me a price quote on my allegro bus windows. that 200 depends on whether or not they have to replace them. The one on my door is milky white. They told me that was etched and the window would have to be replaced. The way they replace them is to take out the old window. Cut out new windows. Send them to Memphis to be hardened and DOT tested. If I used my toad and took them to Memphis ( approximately an hour drive) They could have them cut out and installed in three days. If they had to put them on the delivery truck to Memphis would take about a week. My drivers side by the seat is actually three individual windows just one big opening. To take those windows out and clean then reseal them was 200.00 per window or 600.00 to replace the window in the door was 400. and to remove clean and seal the second window was 200.00 so the total just to get the door windows and the windows next to the drivers seat was 1200.00 The 2000.00 for new windows all the way around does not sound like a bad price. If you do go to searcy make sure you call and make a reservation. I was going to be in the area for a week so I thought it would be easy to just go there live in it while they were working on the windows and get out. They told me to make an appointment to get it fixed, currently they were booked for about three weeks.

I have been busy since then and have not made an appointment but I will probably get mine fixed there unless I can find a deal for 2000 for all of them.
Really good advice ... really !!

Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #17

Jay,
I found this, it is what I was thinking of. Lets look into it ;-)

Wade RV | Seffner, FL | Located On Site at Lazydays | Sun Screens, Custom Window Graphics, Dashboard Mats, Front Masks, Wheel Covers, Entry Mats, Step Mats, Upholstery, Vinyl Repair

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, I saw an American Eagle recently with this from the factory. I have five fogged windows and would consider this in a heart beat if the price is right and it doesn't impede the ability to see well out the windows.

Any idea of the cost?

We have spoken to the folks in Searcy, AR, RV Fog Doctor. He told me he has never had a County Coach fogged window that he could not clean up. We certainly don't want to end up spending a week there.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Wow, I saw an American Eagle recently with this from the factory. I have five fogged windows and would consider this in a heart beat if the price is right and it doesn't impede the ability to see well out the windows.

Any idea of the cost?

We have spoken to the folks in Searcy, AR, RV Fog Doctor. He told me he has never had a County Coach fogged window that he could not clean up. We certainly don't want to end up spending a week there.
Try to take a good picture of it and send it to them. They looked at my bus from the front door and said that they would have to replace the one window. He said he thought he could clean the others but was not going to guarantee that. If you send pictures to them and ask them if they can clean these you will have a better idea. I would also ask them how long you will be there. I live in Arkansas just on the other side of the state from them. When we get a chance we are going to just take it and leave it there. That is my plan right now. My buddy and I are still debating on whether or not we want to try to get one of the kits and do it ourselves. For the moment I am not wanting to bite off that much work but it is an option. The other thing I want to look at is my extended warranty on the bus. I never thought about it for some reason but that might be covered under the warranty. I doubt it but sometimes you get a pleasant surprise.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post

Any idea of the cost?

Try to take a good picture of it and send it to them. They looked at my bus from the front door and said that they would have to replace the one window. He said he thought he could clean the others but was not going to guarantee that. If you send pictures to them and ask them if they can clean these you will have a better idea. I would also ask them how long you will be there. I live in Arkansas just on the other side of the state from them. When we get a chance we are going to just take it and leave it there. That is my plan right now. My buddy and I are still debating on whether or not we want to try to get one of the kits and do it ourselves. For the moment I am not wanting to bite off that much work but it is an option. The other thing I want to look at is my extended warranty on the bus. I never thought about it for some reason but that might be covered under the warranty. I doubt it but sometimes you get a pleasant surprise.
I have an extended warranty and will check it. I don't think it would be covered.

Actually, I rather like the perforated vinyl window treatment and would do that if it would be a comparable cost.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
It depends on interior window treatments. If you have to remove inside blinds and fabric "stuff" to get at the inside screws, it can easily take an hour per window out/in. Even if it's not totally in the way, the new windows aren't predrilled and it's difficult to drive the self-tapping screws "carefully".
EXACTLY! all the binds and valences are a pain to remove. So my shop says it takes about 1.5 hours per window. which is fine.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Really good advice ... really !!
agreed.
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 03-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club

THIS is hot! I'm all over it.

My entire paint job either needs to be redone, or at lease once over'd or something
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 03-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Im leaning towards the new windows... instead of the repair, just to get all of the new hardware on the outside, including all of the little vents that are missing from mine.. hmmm
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 03-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #25

I just called a vinyl/wrap place in town. The perforated vinyl is apparently very common and most local sign shops can do it. They typically print designs, but can print the paint pattern not problem, just need to get them the OEM paint codes and obviously all of the measurements. Could cost as much as $6 a square foot. Going to guess no more then 50 square feet of windows, maybe I can get this done for $300-400? Totally worth that to me!

I am going to try to get access to my rig in storage and take lots and lots of measurements. I am NOT going to do the front two side windows for obvious reasons. Perhaps I replace those two at some point or reseal them?

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
I just called a vinyl/wrap place in town. The perforated vinyl is apparently very common and most local sign shops can do it. They typically print designs, but can print the paint pattern not problem, just need to get them the OEM paint codes and obviously all of the measurements. Could cost as much as $6 a square foot. Going to guess no more then 50 square feet of windows, maybe I can get this done for $300-400? Totally worth that to me!

I am going to try to get access to my rig in storage and take lots and lots of measurements. I am NOT going to do the front two side windows for obvious reasons. Perhaps I replace those two at some point or reseal them?

Chris
I also contacted the shop that does all the signage for my hospital and they also said they could do the perforated vinyl window decals. Yes, they said they need the paint codes. However, she told me the average life expectancy of the vinyl is about 2 - 3 years depending on how you care for it. That doesn't sound promising. I will be taking photos of the coach to them next week.

I also plan to contact another local source who does a lot of vehicle wraps.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post

Chris
What does it take to put them on? When you get yours quotes, since we have the same paint job..... maybe they could make two sets at once.

Do you think that once these are on you are not going to see the foggyness any longer?
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 03-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
What does it take to put them on? When you get yours quotes, since we have the same paint job..... maybe they could make two sets at once.

Do you think that once these are on you are not going to see the foggyness any longer?
That is the question to be answered. I would think you would notice the fogging less.

Tags
replacement, fleetwood, replace, window