Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #29

I can't imagine noticing the fog with the vinyl. Since my rig is stored indoors I imagine the vinyl will last a while.

Install seems pretty straightforward, just need a very sharp blade to trim the edges and then you use a special sealant (clear) that you apply around the edges. It keeps the vinyl nice and secure.

Jay,
When I figure out the colors I can share that, but you would need to measure and make your own since I assume the stripes on our rig were NOT painted with any level of precision ;-) She is going to print the stripes onto a single piece of vinyl to cover the window. I originally thought I would just purchase a bunch of vinyl in the 3 colors and apply the pieces individually, but the shop said that would hav a bad finished result since the perforated edges wont butt up next to eachother well.

May take me some time to get to the rig and measure. Curious how this all works out tho. One thing is I bet the color match wont be "perfect" as I am not sure how they can print metallic. I am not expecting perfect.

Chris

akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I want my foggies out as there are just way too many beautiful areas I want a nice clear view of when I'm parked.

For now my MCD day shades help hide the fog and I like the black tinted window looks from the exterior view when they are down.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #31

John,
My windows are not badly fogged, I barely notice. I love the look of coaches I have seen with stripes integrated into the windows. I am more going for that look then anything else. For others, it may ALSO be a great way to hide the fogging too!

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #32
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That may make a difference I classify mine as mild to terrible with the larger windows being terrible.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Plasma800,

All of the windows on my 2005 Providence started fogging up in 2008, so if your's are just now starting to go bad, you've been lucky!

I had a friend that was in charge of parts distribution for the Fleetwood plant in Riverside California at that time. He was able to score free replacement windows for me from Se Gi, but I of course had to pay for the labor to install them. The labor alone was $1100 back then, so your quote of $2k for windows and labor seems very reasonable. Each replacement window was made specifically for my coach at their factory in Mexico, and shipped to their Warehouse in Corona California, where I picked them up and delivered them to the shop that did the labor. At the request of Se Gi, I returned my old windows to the Corona warehouse so they could be recycled. The Riverside Fleetwood plant of course closed down later when Fleetwood went under, so I lost my parts connection.

Se Gi told me they corrected the air seal issue and that my new windows should last the life of the coach. That seems to be the case, as they are now six years old and there are no issues with them.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know who manufactured the windows in my coach but all of the larger windows have some level of fogging. The driver's window is the worst and will have to be repaired.

We can see well out of our windows and the fogging seems to change with changes in outside temperature. I am also now interested in the vinyl option since I think it really looks spiffy. Based on what they told me at RV Fog Doctor and another place in Greensboro, NC that does RV window repairs, I was looking at $1,100 - $1,200 for repairs..... more if any glass needed to be replaced. If I can get the vinyl treatment done for $500 - $600, I will do that for now.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
Plasma800,

All of the windows on my 2005 Providence started fogging up in 2008, so if your's are just now starting to go bad, you've been lucky!

I had a friend that was in charge of parts distribution for the Fleetwood plant in Riverside California at that time. He was able to score free replacement windows for me from Se Gi, but I of course had to pay for the labor to install them. The labor alone was $1100 back then, so your quote of $2k for windows and labor seems very reasonable. Each replacement window was made specifically for my coach at their factory in Mexico, and shipped to their Warehouse in Corona California, where I picked them up and delivered them to the shop that did the labor. At the request of Se Gi, I returned my old windows to the Corona warehouse so they could be recycled. The Riverside Fleetwood plant of course closed down later when Fleetwood went under, so I lost my parts connection.

Se Gi told me they corrected the air seal issue and that my new windows should last the life of the coach. That seems to be the case, as they are now six years old and there are no issues with them.

Craig
How did you even reach se gi? I can't find them anywhere?

I would rate my windows as TERRIBLE, with the sun on them, seeing out is impossible. I bought it this way, knowing I would have to fix that up...
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
I took mine out last fall and just sliced them in half. Cleaned the single pane and reinstalled. I even have spares now just in case!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
How did you even reach se gi? I can't find them anywhere? I would rate my windows as TERRIBLE, with the sun on them, seeing out is impossible. I bought it this way, knowing I would have to fix that up...
As I stated, my contact from the Fleetwood factory arranged the exchange, I didn't initiate the contact with Se Gi. If you Google "Se-Gi Products", you'll get their address and phone number. BTW, they are in Norco CA, not the neighboring town of Corona, my mistake. I don't believe they will help you though. I've been told they will only deal with authorized RV factories and dealers. I replied to your post to let you know that the new Se Gi windows are much better, since that was a concern of yours.

Craig

Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
As I stated, my contact from the Fleetwood factory arranged the exchange, I didn't initiate the contact with Se Gi. If you Google "Se-Gi Products", you'll get their address and phone number. BTW, they are in Norco CA, not the neighboring town of Corona, my mistake. I don't believe they will help you though. I've been told they will only deal with authorized RV factories and dealers. I replied to your post to let you know that the new Se Gi windows are much better, since that was a concern of yours.

Craig
Lucky you
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 03-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Craig
I'll call fleetwood and make some noise ... The young man i spoke to at fl seemed too eager to take my credit card number.
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 03-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I'll call fleetwood and make some noise ... The young man i spoke to at fl seemed too eager to take my credit card number.
Give Se Gi a call, the worst they could say is no.

Craig

Old 03-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #41

I replaced my drivers window my self. It was not bad. Only problem is I have a little wind noise I cannot find. I sealed all around the window. Suspect window itself but will have to do further diagnostics.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Hi All, since I know i have to take out my leaky drivers window, I figure I might as well just go ahead and replace all of my foggy windows.

I called fleetwood, and they quoted me just under 2 grand to get me replacement windows all the way around.

Now here's the thing, Fleetwood is telling me they are made by the same company... seagi or something like that.

I have zero issue with the money, seems ok to me, BUT am I gonna get juked by them selling me a window that's been sitting around for 8 years??

How can I verify how fresh these windows are? I don't really have time to measure and pattern and send to suncoast and all that jazz, and I don't have time to drive to florida, much less the fuel cost.

I also am not sure if a local glass company in houston can take them apart and put them back together and save me money at the same time... so i dunno what to do...

any thoughts?
Replacements by same manufacturer will give you roughly the same life expectancy before reoccurence as before(assuming they were not previously installed). OEM spares on the shelf, regardless of age, have not been exposed to the stresses to the seal created by the house going down the road. However, someone else said it, the SEGI glass seals have a reputation for allowing the inert out, and the moisture in. Might be worth looking at competitive, lower cost approaches. Good luck!

Blackcabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, fleetwood, replace, window