Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

flooring

I would like to know if anyone has used the laminate wood flooring from lumber liquidators.If so how do you like it? I am also looking for the same info on Home Depot allure vinyl flooring. I want to put down vinyl flooring in my Motor Home but not as expensive as Adura. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
stevep220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #2

I used allure from Home Depot cost just under 300 bux stuff was super simple to install worst part was removing old carpet motor home company's own stock in staples . To cut the flooring I used a pair of sheet metal sheers . I put down floor backing pad it was like a thin foam got it at depot too. And on the vertical pieces I used loctite pl construction adhesive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3129888273.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	473.6 KB
ID:	48662   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3303689633.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	552.7 KB
ID:	48663  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-338679457.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	48664  
Flair30h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

We used Allure in 2 Bathrooms and a dressing room of the studs and stucco...over 2 years ago when there was only about 5 style/colors. It still looks like new with daily use including our St. Bernard's.

Because it is SO SIMPLE to install and now that they have a couple dozen different styles, we will be using it to replace the carpet in the RV.

It cuts with a carpet knife and I found a good pair of tin snips are good for complex cuts. The only hard decision is what to use for floor molding. The floor will look great, so don't cheap-out and skip the molding...no they don't sell Allure molding that I know of. Of course installing the flooring can be done in a weekend...but the molding can be installed later.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #4

Allure flooring

How long have you had it down? Have you had any problems with it coming apart at seams? Thanks for your info
stevep220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #5

I've had it down for three weeks no problems . I only used molding on the stairs , got the molding at lowes they're mahogany trim is a dead on match for allure cherry . I also used wood putty color matched for the floor for small gaps along cabinets if I didn't point it out to you you wouldn't see it . I think it looks nicer without quarter round molding everywhere . My dog liked it so much she christened it two days after install cleaned up with windex and paper towels . Easy to clean too . You don't have to worry bout getting it wet. After working with it I'd be shocked if it came apart at a seam just try to get a piece back up that you didn't line up correctly
Flair30h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
allure floor

Installed Allure in MH 5 years ago.Been great some some separation due to installer (me).Did not glue down just floated it.http://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...7FQFLjR_ph.jpg
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have not used it in a MH but I have used allure in a couple of rental houses. One of them I used it in a bathroom. It has been in there for over a year. It gets exposed to the water from the shower if someone drips on it. I cannot see any difference between what it looks like now and when it was brand new
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #8

Do the slides scratch or mark up the surface?
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
No marks on the floor from the slides.
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #10

Allure is a resilliant flooring and doesn't suffer from bloat or delamination the way laminate flooring does. In our rental properties the allure has stood up great including in wet areas. They also sell the ceramica brand tile which I think is similar to the flooring used in some tiffin products. These can be grouted and can look very close to tile with most renters unable to tell the difference. These products stay down well are very easy to cut and wear well. With our laminate once they wear the top few mm down the rest of the floor gets gouged in days. Replacing allure and ceramics is east least. With laminate say hello to a new floor. The allure is marketed as a luxury vinyl product. It is relatively warm and cushy for a hard surface flooring.

In other words I concur with vinyl over laminate in humidity, wet and high wear conditions. I find laminate to be inferior unless you get the really really good stuff. Allure also has the ability to be more maluable and thus can take bumps of motorhome life better. It also does not expand and contract like a laminate floor would.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post
Allure is a resilliant flooring and doesn't suffer from bloat or delamination the way laminate flooring does. In our rental properties the allure has stood up great including in wet areas. They also sell the ceramica brand tile which I think is similar to the flooring used in some tiffin products. These can be grouted and can look very close to tile with most renters unable to tell the difference. These products stay down well are very easy to cut and wear well. With our laminate once they wear the top few mm down the rest of the floor gets gouged in days. Replacing allure and ceramics is east least. With laminate say hello to a new floor. The allure is marketed as a luxury vinyl product. It is relatively warm and cushy for a hard surface flooring.

In other words I concur with vinyl over laminate in humidity, wet and high wear conditions. I find laminate to be inferior unless you get the really really good stuff. Allure also has the ability to be more maluable and thus can take bumps of motorhome life better. It also does not expand and contract like a laminate floor would.
Interesting difference in experience. I have several rental houses and use Laminate in all of them except In bathrooms and kitchens. I have houses that have had Laminate for over ten years and it has stood up very well in the wear category. One of my renters had a Labrador retriever He lived there 4 years and the laminate looked the same on the day he left as it did when he moved in. No scratch marks or anything. I use laminate from Sams Club with the built in pad. It actually is about .25cents per square foot cheaper than the allure vinyl planks.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #12

Installed Allure flooring in summer of 2010 in our 2004 Gulf Stream Endura. It has been one of the best upgrades. There are some small 1/16" cracks at the seams. Similar to what you get with tongue and groove oak flooring. Last year I did some mods under MH. Put a screw through the flooring. Took about 10 minutes to remove old piece of flooring and install new. Today you can get a Allure in Ultra. Which is a snap together version. About 2 times the regular Allure.
Here are some pictures of my install. Allure flooring install 2004 GS 6340 Endura.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Installed Allure flooring in summer of 2010 in our 2004 Gulf Stream Endura. It has been one of the best upgrades. There are some small 1/16" cracks at the seams. Similar to what you get with tongue and groove oak flooring. Last year I did some mods under MH. Put a screw through the flooring. Took about 10 minutes to remove old piece of flooring and install new. Today you can get a Allure in Ultra. Which is a snap together version. About 2 times the regular Allure.
Here are some pictures of my install. Allure flooring install 2004 GS 6340 Endura.
LOOKS GREAT!!
Did you put Allure on the bed base and wall by the dog bed? It looks like a perfect match.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
LOOKS GREAT!!
Did you put Allure on the bed base and wall by the dog bed? It looks like a perfect match.

Safe travels
No. Those pieces are original from manufacturer.