Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #1

Flooring question

I'm replacing the carpet in our Georgie Boy Cruise Master with vinyl planks and could use some help. I'm floating the planks and our slideout has anchor rings that lift up out of the floor for the security latches to attach to. Would love to see what others have done to trim these out, I've thought about cutting a square around the ring plates and making a removable piece of flooring to remove when securing slide for travel. Also considered flooring over and bolting ring plates to floor over vinyl, not sure what issue that would cause with the floating floor. 1st time doing any flooring so any advice would be appreciated.
kawchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #2

While I'm asking, another issue I'm not sure about is flooring under the toilet, is there an issue flooring to the flange and anchoring the toilet over the floating floor.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:55 AM   #3

Getting ready to finish flooring so I'm going to cut holes in new floor for slideout anchors and bolt anchor plates on top of new flooring and floor to the flange in bathroom and mount toilet on top of flooring as well. I'm hoping that the floor will still float ok, guess I'm going to find out.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

When you bolt the toilet down, the floor is no longer floating. You've anchored the floor in that spot too. That said, the bathroom floor in my S&B house is vinyl plank with the toilet anchored over it and its fine. However, the vinyl in a house isn't subject to as much movement as in an RV, which gets vibration, flexing and a lot of temperature & humidity change.

Re your slide, does it have rollers or skids that touch the flooring? If so, I don't think a floating floor works. It is going to move a lot when the slide drags on it. I'd glue it down if that's the case. The better grades of vinyl plank usually have alternate instructions for using adhesive (non-floating), but you might have to find them on the flooring manufacturer's website rather than in the box.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor