Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #1

flooring vinyl glue together (allure vs snap & click)

Hello,
I am a new member and I hope posted this in the right section! I have a '99 Rexhall Rose Air with one slide and I want to install vinyl floating flooring. So far the choices are Armstrong vinyl luxe plank with glue together edges or Linkwerks snap & click vinyl. Questions are has anyone used either product? Which would be better in terms of going under the slide without pulling apart and easier to install?
Randy
RSVorhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Randy I have put floors in houses and the locking is the best, I not so sure about a floating floor in a MH. Some of the projects seem to be gluing the floors down. I am sure that someone will answer for sure. Soon
toadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #3

Thanks
RSVorhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #4

I've installed many floating floors also and I also would think you would need it attached down in a MH. They float to allow for expansion and contraction which you will experience probably greater temp changes in a MH than your typical home.
1) I would make sure you run the planks in the same direction of the slide so from RH to LH not front to rear of the RV.
2) I would glue down the center like maybe 6" wide to keep it in place but allow for exansion to the outer edges not glue the whole floor down. Plus that would be your main walkway.
3) Make sure the thickness you buy will fit under your slide and not create an interference.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There are several threads on replacing the floors in a motor home.
We replace the vinyl square tile and carpet in our motor home about 15 months ago. We went to Home Depot and bought the Allure flooring. I found some prefinished shoe molding that color matched pretty good with the flooring and installed floor and walls meet. It still looks great, no problems and the slide works fine. Good luck.
cpr_vbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We purchased the Armstrong Snaplok vinyl plank flooring (Lowe's) and installed it about 2 months ago. Much more satisfactory than the glued-edge stuff, IMHO.

Very pleased with the look and the ease of installing. I agree with some limited gluing to anchor the flooring while still allowing it to contract and expand.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #7

Put in Laminate 2 years ago

It was a lot of work but looks great. I used 1/4 inch cork sheets as underlay.

It is not glued and floats and I have not had any trouble.

I am thinking about replacing the laminate, remaining carpet and tile with cork. I installed cork in my house and it looks great, is quiet, and warm.

Getting rid of carpet makes sense because of the dust and allergy issues.

Hope this helps
Lemon Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Allure Ultra from HD is a click lock product, an upgrade from the glue tab Allure. You might want to check it out. Don't know how it compares to Armstrong. Here is a link to my install: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/allu...all-91826.html
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the site and the mighty fine folks here. I'm sure you'll get the answer your looking for. Good luck with the project and hope it all turns out great.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I like to glue it. never had a problem
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote