Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
I have the Pro-Fill system and I love it. Besides the convenience of filling all batteries at once, it virtually eliminates battery terminal and cable corrosion.
Craig
I also have notice since installing the Pro-Fill I do not have a problem with corrosion on the terminals and the tops stay cleaner. I know the system is not advertised as a combiner cap but they do seem to work that way.

Chuck

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2014, 12:47 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just water here. Inaccessible to view the levels. The system is invaluable to me. Even if accessible, the ease of filling is a very good thing.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #17

While someone may not "see the point", good for them that they have the access some of us don't. I have 4ea. T-145 batteries at 72Lb each on a single pullout tray. That's 288Lb on a cantilevered tray when its pulled out to check or water them. While the shelf can hold all that weight, I'm not trusting it over my feet. The ProFill allows me to plug in, pump them up and move on. The tray comes out once a year and is supported while I remove and clean any debris out of the caps to cause them to jam. Its one of the best investments for safety and convenience I've made.

And I'm not aware of any batteries they don't work on provided you order the correct cap for your battery.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
"Wouldn't leave home without them!". Also installed the red/green felt chemical rings to each post.. Two (2) years + and not a bit of corrosion.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use this. Only cost $13.39. Automatically shuts off when full. You don,t have to see inside, just push it against the hole and listen for the water to stop running.

Plews 75-030 Auto Shut Off 2 Quart Capacity Plastic Battery Filler : Amazon.com : Automotive
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #20

The coach I bought last year had an older version of this system. Unfortunately 1) it had not been used recently and 2) they squeeze bulb was supplied with the coach. So I ended up trying tp put water in the 4 golf cart style batteries - a bit over a gallon. To say the least it was nearly impossible to put water in the innermost batteries and not much easier fro the ones up front. What i found was that allowing the batteries to 'boil' out permanently damaged them, so I ended up replacing 4 batteries and getting the squeeze bulb. Now ensuring the batteries are filled takes about 2 minutes,

I can not imagine NOT having such a system with wet cells. I agree that there are small chargers that do a good job of managing a float charge - BUT - these don't work if you are powering the coach for heaters, refrigerators., lighting etc.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have 6 house batteries that sit far back with little overhead clearance. All 6 are hooked up to the profile and it works great. I love it!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post
I use this. Only cost $13.39. Automatically shuts off when full. You don,t have to see inside, just push it against the hole and listen for the water to stop running. Plews 75-030 Auto Shut Off 2 Quart Capacity Plastic Battery Filler : Amazon.com : Automotive
Thats great, I have one too. Now, how are you going to get it into a space that one can barely get their hand into?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Add my vote in favor. Great product!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #24

Sounds like a great solution to re-filling batteries. Since my coach only uses 12V Batteries (5), It gonna be spendy for me to buy a complete system, this system for my setup is $117.24 + shipping. Then there is the weight factor, each kit weighs 30#. That adds 90# to coach weight.
That puts this system low-priority for me.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know about the electric fill you linked to but the manual kit can't weigh more than a couple lbs. total. Unless you are very averse to the squeeze bulb, go with the manual fill. Mine is hooked up to 6 6v batteries and it works great.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #26

I own a Class A and a Class B and both have batteries that are hard to access, so I've put these units on all 6 batteries. Best thing since sliced bread in my book. I like how I can add water while out on the road without getting dirty/acid on me and it just takes few minutes.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"mgscott4".....Often the Class A gasser batteries are in an open area and easier to fill. On the DP's, the batteries are often in a tight spot and the water bottle won't work.

"Ray,IN"......I hoe you were joking...the 30 pounds was a typo.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #28

craigslist2, if you read the Amazon page, that is the manual-fill mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"mgscott4".....Often the Class A gasser batteries are in an open area and easier to fill. On the DP's, the batteries are often in a tight spot and the water bottle won't work.

"Ray,IN"......I hoe you were joking...the 30 pounds was a typo.
No joke, open that link in my post. Amazon technical data lists one kit at 30#. I think their data is wrong too, but it's the only thing to go on.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote