Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2019, 04:40 PM   #71

FJ/Pilot

I stopped using FJ and Pilot a while back, when I heard the news that the stations were directed not to fly the American flag... as it might offend foreign truckers. Maybe someone can confirm they are allowed to fly the flag again? If not, I won’t stop there still.
Cornddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2019, 04:43 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Here in Yuma, there's a Loves not far from here, that's $.59 higher than the big station on the other side of I-8......

At the Flying J in Yuma, the posted price is $.60 cents higher and reflects the price in the truck lanes. In the RV lane it’s $.60 cheaper, because in AZ there is a commercial truck tax. We got gas there in January and although the sign said $3.35, the pump said $2.74. The station across the street was $2.79.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Feel sorry for those that have to buy fuel at truck stops....across the street, here in Yuma, was able to buy diesel for $.60 a gal less at a high turnover station....
What does this have to do with the OP’s Question?
Sarge77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:51 PM   #74

Oh crap....the gas police!!!.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:52 PM   #75

I know this thread is going all over the place. Yes we do waste our money for convenience but my piece of mind after driving a few hours that I don't have to try to get 40+ feet of RV and toad out of a tight situation is worth it for me. We try to look for cheaper and bigger stations but have had to do turn arounds down the road and in business parking lots because it was to tight for what I was comfortable with, or hit some one lane construction that doesn't show on My GPS. I like the idea of google maps showing the stations and will have to see if my navigator can finagle it all. My question is that those using the GS or Flying J cards are using the RV lanes correct? I tried a few times in the semi lanes and those who use it know they don't have a pay at the pump so I have to go in and predict what I need and they don't seem set up to use the cards with the truckers ( or don't want to). As I'm new to the diesel thing and hope to get better at finding good spots. I like the semi lanes as the nozzles can fill much much quicker and I can get in and out fairly quickly. Lots of parking usually around there for a quick snack or stretch walk. Also, there is no stopping at $75 or $100. Bad is trying to predict what I need and paying before and some messy lanes. Also, trying not to get in the way of the working truckers. I like what many have suggested but it's not clear so far what it best for us diesel drives. Will keep an eye on this one. Thanks all.
sciguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:53 PM   #76

What would we ever do without all these people worried about how we spend our money?
Sarge77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:55 PM   #77

No worry here, was just making a comment.....spend as much as you can....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:07 PM   #78

Top Tier Gas

Neither Pilot or Flying J carry Top Tier rated gasoline - see article.
https://clark.com/cars/top-tier-fuel-detergent-gas/

Pay at the pump or pay the repair shop - your choice.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:08 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLavionics View Post
Apparently Flying J / pilot do not have a RV discount card any longer. I was told by an associate that they now accept Good Sam from rvers. Can anyone tell me the diesel fuel discount offered with a Good Sam card at Flying J / pilot?
Coast-to Coast also offers a 5 cent gas discount at Pilot and other chains as well
SteveNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:16 PM   #80

Use the P-FJ plus card and there is no need to go inside. Deisel and DEF at the pump.
I use P-FJ every chance I can while pulling a 43' 5er. I have the CG Elite card so get 9 cents off per gallon. While I'm fueling my wife will often go in to get us drinks or maybe a sandwich. Always have room to stop and walk the dog. Caught in a snow storm once and spent 37 hours in their lot.
When I start checking fuel prices with the 5er it will be time to quit pulling and start knitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciguy6 View Post
I know this thread is going all over the place. Yes we do waste our money for convenience but my piece of mind after driving a few hours that I don't have to try to get 40+ feet of RV and toad out of a tight situation is worth it for me. We try to look for cheaper and bigger stations but have had to do turn arounds down the road and in business parking lots because it was to tight for what I was comfortable with, or hit some one lane construction that doesn't show on My GPS. I like the idea of google maps showing the stations and will have to see if my navigator can finagle it all. My question is that those using the GS or Flying J cards are using the RV lanes correct? I tried a few times in the semi lanes and those who use it know they don't have a pay at the pump so I have to go in and predict what I need and they don't seem set up to use the cards with the truckers ( or don't want to). As I'm new to the diesel thing and hope to get better at finding good spots. I like the semi lanes as the nozzles can fill much much quicker and I can get in and out fairly quickly. Lots of parking usually around there for a quick snack or stretch walk. Also, there is no stopping at $75 or $100. Bad is trying to predict what I need and paying before and some messy lanes. Also, trying not to get in the way of the working truckers. I like what many have suggested but it's not clear so far what it best for us diesel drives. Will keep an eye on this one. Thanks all.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #81

I just used my card for gas a couple of days ago. 5 cent discount
Spdstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #82

iRV2 No Limits Club
I only stop there to buy DEF or if I can find a free dump station I'll use theirs, only $5. I use gas buddy to find cheap diesel along the way. Rhe discount gas price at pilot/flying j is usually the better deal, but they mark up diesel because they can with truckers.
snevetsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:03 PM   #83

Flying J cards

I have one of the old Flying J cards, do they still honour this card and give discount?
colinabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:15 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornddog View Post
I stopped using FJ and Pilot a while back, when I heard the news that the stations were directed not to fly the American flag... as it might offend foreign truckers. Maybe someone can confirm they are allowed to fly the flag again? If not, I won’t stop there still.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pilot-fly...rs-complaining

"We are proudly American - started by a Korean War veteran 60 years ago. Pilot Flying J shows that pride in all of our locations, whether that is a flag outside, promoting military products in our stores, or through our philanthropic efforts with Wreaths Across America and Fisher House Foundation. At store #436 in Amarillo,Texas, we are in the process of repairing the flag pole, which was damaged. We regret our team member was misinformed. Our intent is to raise the flag as soon as the pole is repaired and proper flag protocols are in place to show it the respect it deserves."

But hey some guy on Facebook said its foreigners must be true.