Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
I'm voting YES - to make motorhomeing great again. [emoji23][emoji23]☑️
I need that on a hat ! and a IRV2 EGG
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
👍🚍🤠
Old 09-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
If the changes are approved, then the name would have to be changed.
Just joined and called FMCA for other reasons but questioned Noah, I think that is what his name is, and questioned him about the issue and the name. He said if it passed, likely to happen in his estimation, the name will NOT be changed. Kinda like KFC not longer means Kentucky Fried Chicken because they sell more than chicken. It's also a branding issue and all the corporate legal issues changing a name. So if someone pulls a fiver and has an issue with the name they can always find another association.

That said, I understand both sides of the issue and will just wait and see what happens in the next year before I renew. I have enough issues to attend to than to deal with folks that cannot get along. We had enough issues last decade dealing with cliques and elitists in the GWRRA.
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #46

FMCA By Law Change: attention FMCA members

I joined FMCA in 2013...to get a tire discount! It was worth it.
The magazine had nothing to teach me that I didn't already know, or could easily find it online from other sources.
Rally stuff doesn't suit us at all, with the cost to be in a crowd and not be with hookups. The usual mud and dirt are not favorable.
So, I will join again....for the tire discount. That is the value that means anything.
If FMCA needs more members/revenue, so be it.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #47

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I joined FMCA in 2013...to get a tire discount! It was worth it.
The magazine had nothing to teach me that I didn't already know, or could easily find it online from other sources.
Rally stuff doesn't suit us at all, with the cost to be in a crowd and not be with hookups. The usual mud and dirt are not favorable.
So, I will join again....for the tire discount. That is the value that means anything.
If FMCA needs more members/revenue, so be it.
Maybe you should read up on FMCAssist
Old 09-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Maybe you should read up on FMCAssist

Did that. No thanks. I have that covered
Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #49

You said you have that covered, but will it return your motor home?
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #50

For many of us FMCAssist will not return our motorhomes anyway as they are too old, worse yet they will not tell you exactly what too old is other than somewhere over 10-12 years or so determined on some unknown basis, mine turns 16 next month, so I am sure I am out of luck.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
For many of us FMCAssist will not return our motorhomes anyway as they are too old, worse yet they will not tell you exactly what too old is other than somewhere over 10-12 years or so determined on some unknown basis, mine turns 16 next month, so I am sure I am out of luck.

Sorry but you are totally wrong. FMCAssist WILL get your motorhome home. Recently they have found a company that will drive your coach home. Another option is for you to have a friend or a company drive the coach for you. FMCAssist will pay up to $5,000 in expenses to get your coach home, one way or the other
Old 09-15-2017, 10:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
You said you have that covered, but will it return your motor home?

Return it? To where?
Our motorhome IS our home. It is always home!
Old 09-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Return it? To where?
Our motorhome IS our home. It is always home!
Here is another reason to have the Assist:

Lets say you have a wreck near Podunk Town,USA and you are transported to their little hospital. It is then determined that you need to be transported to Big City,USA. The Assist will get you transported at zero cost.

I know for a fact that a 80 mile transport by a medical helicopter can cost over $10,000 and a ride in an ambulance can cost $4,000 easily.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #54

The cost of a helicopter ride, no matter how many miles they fly, is on the average around $40,000. How could the small membership fee of FMCA not be worth it. I will say again, rv s are rv s so I don't see the big deal.
mmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #55

If it passes to allow other types of Rv's besides a motor home I will not renew my FMCA membership. The needs issues situations related to a motorhome are different than those of a towable. If this goes through I'm expecting another motor home organization will pop up.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #56

We've been a member since the mid 90's and enjoyed the magazine for several years. We have been to a few International conventions and although the first one was interesting, they no longer offer anything of interest to either of us. I find the articles to be rather bland at best. The new coach reports seem to be written to please the manufacturer. They are almost like a free ad for the company. The Assist Program might be nice for many, but we have had MASA for many years and they just covered a $49,000 helicopter ride for me last January in CA. They also would have flown me and my wife back to WI (to another hospital) and driven our motorhome there as well if I had needed it. I currently maintain our membership in FMCA solely because of a 4-wheelers club within the organization that requires membership. A group of us have begun our own mini "Crazy 4-Wheeler" club and some have already dropped their FMCA membership. I suspect more will follow. FMCA hasn't changed much, but it no longer has anything of importance to offer us.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote