Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
I have had nothing but great service from Coach-Net and wouldn't dream of switching even though I'm a 11 year FMCA member and enjoy the membership.
Ron
What remains to enjoy about a FMCA membership, other than the self serving FMCA magazine?
Wondering???
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #16

Coach-net only wanted to insure all FMCA members, not just individuals. Did you want your dues to go up to cover Coach-Net? I think not. This way I can select the provider of my choice. Just as FMCA does not receive anything from the Michelin tire benefit program, they didn't receive anything from Coach-Net. I am just happy that FMCA found a provider that was willing to give a discount to our members.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
Coach-net only wanted to insure all FMCA members, not just individuals.
What does this mean, exactly? I'm sure Coach-Net wants customers whether they are FMCA members or not.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
Ron What remains to enjoy about a FMCA membership, other than the self serving FMCA magazine? Wondering??? Mel '96 Safari
I DO enjoy the magazine which I find less self-serving than Motorhome Mag (Good Sam, Camping World), but I guess that's my take on it. I purchased 6 Michelin XZA3's through their tire purchase plan and saved some money and I can occasionally get a 10% discount on camping (although it's been a while). But I guess overall, I just like being a member of a group of like minded coach owners.
Which groups do you belong to, Mel?
Curious...
Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #19

Quote:
I DO enjoy the magazine which I find less self-serving than Motorhome Mag (Good Sam, Camping World), but I guess that's my take on it. I purchased 6 Michelin XZA3's through their tire purchase plan and saved some money and I can occasionally get a 10% discount on camping (although it's been a while). But I guess overall, I just like being a member of a group of like minded coach owners. Which groups do you belong to, Mel? Curious... Ron
Hey Ron,

If you ask about the price of potatoes in Idaho on the forums, someone will find a way to bash FMCA. There are folks here that wouldn't like them no matter what they do. They are called Nay Sayers generically. This thread is a perfect example. The OP asked about the ad for FMCA road service.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Steve, I just needed to answer the negativity. As far as Allstate VS Coachnet? I already stated my preference, and that's what we do here, state preferences. I had no intention of hijacking the thread and Allstate I'm sure has a good product or they won't last long in this day of instant consumer feedback. Thanks for chiming in....
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Steve, I just needed to answer the negativity. As far as Allstate VS Coachnet? I already stated my preference, and that's what we do here, state preferences. I had no intention of hijacking the thread and Allstate I'm sure has a good product or they won't last long in this day of instant consumer feedback. Thanks for chiming in....
I have to fight the same impulse regularly. Like you I'm a user of Coachnet and am coming up on 11 years with FMCA.

Safe travels
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
Coach-net only wanted to insure all FMCA members, not just individuals. Did you want your dues to go up to cover Coach-Net? I think not. This way I can select the provider of my choice. Just as FMCA does not receive anything from the Michelin tire benefit program, they didn't receive anything from Coach-Net. I am just happy that FMCA found a provider that was willing to give a discount to our members.
How would Coach-Net wanting to insure all FMCA members cause the dues to increase? Was FMCA going to have to pay Coach-Net insurance for each member? By "individuals" do you mean that Coach-Net did not want to insure non-members?

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #23

Yes, Coach-Net want FMCA to purchase road service for all members. Total cost I don't know, but even if it was half price that would be about $50 that would have to come from somewhere. IE: Dues
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
laj

that would be a great deal for those that wanted it but I don't like to pay for something I don't want, just like the trans service fmca dropped a yr. or so ago. I use coach net just saying
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
that would be a great deal for those that wanted it but I don't like to pay for something I don't want, just like the trans service fmca dropped a yr. or so ago. I use coach net just saying
What is "trans service"?
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #26
laj

the emergency transportation evac service that use to be part of the annual dues that is now an additional cost if you want it.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Which groups do you belong to, Mel?
Curious...
Ron
Ron
I am no longer a dues paying member of any RV group, (unless you consider Passport America and CoachNet "groups").
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #28

FWIW, Coach Net used to be a privately owned company. A year or so back I learned they had been purchased by a larger company "National Motor Club" is now on the back of the Coach Net membership card.

We used Coach Net earlier in the year during a west coast trip. The tow truck service (2 trucks) was excellent. However, they wanted to tow us 150 miles, rather than the nearby repair shop that the tow trucks came from. Once we resolved this, I never saw a tow bill. I will renew Coach Net when the time comes.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote