Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Fog/driving lights

Anyone install fog/driving lights on their motorhome - any pictures would be fantastic!!!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #2

Yes Yes AND Yes. We have a Damon and the standard headlights are terrible. I added two sets of LED driving lights that I got from Amazon and they are only $12 each. I added them to our Jeep and they made a big difference. Now I have them on the MH. I will try and look up the numbers for ypu.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:46 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm curious about your install. Are they on a separate switch that operates independently of the headlights ? If not then are they on all the time the headlights are on or just high beam ? If they are on a separate switch/circuit how did you wire them electrically ?

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #4

I wired my right in with headlights and are on when the headlights are. They are LEDs so the draw is so low I am not concerned about and I like to be seen.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:01 PM   #5

How about those part numbers?
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
And pics, or it didn't happen
Old 03-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #7

I do not have numbers but they are Worthtrust 18W LED lights by
Power bulb on Amazon. It does state that they are not DOT but have had them on our Jeep and Suburban for over a year and no problems and have had them on the MH for over 2500 miles without a problem. Just get them aimed right. They are BRIGHT and light up the road. I put one set on and made a big difference and then ordered another set and added them right nest to the ones already on the MH so that they look like one long light. I hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #8

And pics, or it didn't happen.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:14 PM   #9

Jergeod: I have been just a little busy with a kitchen remodel and have been working ten or more hours a day.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #10

Fog/driving lights

I used a pair of 7" led light bars, I would not use them in traffic but on a dark night when you are looking for your spot they are great, and back roads are no longer a concern. I got them on eBay and I can't remember the cost, but it was around $20 each I think, but they are aluminum housings and waterproof. They are currently on a switch but this spring I am installing relays for the headlight switch to send more voltage to the headlights and keep the factory headlight switch cooler and avoid voltage drop. I will connect the new lights to the brights switch at that time.
I have a vid, but for some reason it will not post correctly here.

Here is the video number, if you copy and past it in a browser maybe it will

Old 03-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Prior to the rise of LEDs, I replaced the cheap fog lights on my Monaco with a set of Hella FF75 driving lights. They come in round and oval. They were a great improvement. They were mounted down low and gave a really wide/flat beam. I could focus them farther up the road without blinding others. I was finally able to drive at night without overdriving my headlights.

If you add something other than LED, I would add them using a separate power supply. Most headlight wiring is marginal.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:05 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
My Cruise Master has driving/fog lights installed on a dash switch. I need to figure out how they are aimed/adjusted. I turn them on and they point into the tree tops on the right. No help driving.

On another note .. my headlight assemblies are from a 2000-2002 Lincoln LS......

W3BY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights