Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #57

hmmm, should have come out....

Anyways, I would just bond with superglue. It's academic once everything is back in the frame, it won't move.

Chris

akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #58

Thanks, I'll try the superglue.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:56 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbounder View Post
Thanks, I'll try the superglue.
It doesn't really matter ... that seal isn't watertight ... it's mostly to cut wind noise and keep the glass from rattling. The corners of the seal are usually cut to bend around the glass.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #60

Thanks ! Now to find something to remove the strip of sealer around the edge of the glass that razor blades wouldn't take off. Wd40 works, but maybe something else will work better. Im shocked yall can do 5 windows in 2 days !!!
Old 09-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #61

Finished the drivers side window (3 panes) and passenger side window yesterday. Now if it would stop raining I'd put em back in. Don't know if my se-gi windows are different than @akeyzoo's, but you can see the spacer on both the fixed and slider. If i had it to do over again I'd try to find the black spacer instead of using the gray. Its barely noticeable on the pass side cause of the tint, but the drivers window is clear so you can see it easily. Guess i should have looked at the other windows first cause you can see the spacer on all of them but there black so you dont notice them. Oh well, at least I can see my mirror now !
Old 09-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #62

Quote:
Finished the drivers side window (3 panes) and passenger side window yesterday. Now if it would stop raining I'd put em back in. Don't know if my se-gi windows are different than @akeyzoo's, but you can see the spacer on both the fixed and slider. If i had it to do over again I'd try to find the black spacer instead of using the gray. Its barely noticeable on the pass side cause of the tint, but the drivers window is clear so you can see it easily. Guess i should have looked at the other windows first cause you can see the spacer on all of them but there black so you dont notice them. Oh well, at least I can see my mirror now !
From 30,000 ft. at 500 mph no one is gonna' notice
Old 09-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #63
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If gray is the only problem when your done I'd say you did pretty good. I just looked at mine and for the first time in four years I see they are black as well but never would have noticed until you mentioned it.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #64

Lol, I never noticed mine either till I started this project. Im going to do 1 more window and then call it done !
Old 09-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #65
Cat

If you buy the window spacer from the Amazon links posted earlier you can email the seller at the time you order and they will sell you the black spacer for the same price. I'm waiting for mine to arrive so I can get started on mine.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #66

Wish I'd known that sooner, but i didnt think it would be a big deal till i started putting them back in the frame.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #67

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Wish I'd known that sooner, but i didnt think it would be a big deal till i started putting them back in the frame.

I have been through hell and back trying to figure out how to email the seller to tell them I want black. As soon as I can figure out how I am canceling my order with Amazon and try to locate a company where I can look, touch, feel and talk to someone. I have wasted three hours this morning trying to change from gray to black only to discover Amazon has two passwords for my one email address. I don't order much online and this has convinced me it just isn't worth the headaches. Sorry for the rant

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Old 10-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #68

On the amazon page for the spacer, select the sellers name and then scroll down to the bottom and there's a link to contact seller. Can't help with the password issue.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #69

Quote:
On the amazon page for the spacer, select the sellers name and then scroll down to the bottom and there's a link to contact seller. Can't help with the password issue.

Well, after a very exasperating time it turns out the iPad was the issue. For whatever reason it would not take the message to the level for me to send them an email. I tried through irv2 and through the app, which is how found out about the two passwords. My wife is s professional shopper and she could see I was at the end of my rope do she took over. I was walking her through the steps I took except I was on my iPhone. Wouldn't you know it came up with the page for me to write the message. Ultimately I got the deed accomplished.

Thanks,

Alan

2001 HR Scepter 38PBD 330 Cummins
Old 10-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #70

I am curious if anyone has used an anti-fog solution on the inside of the glass panes? I am thinking when the rest of the materials arrive to do my windows I was thinking about using something like that to eliminate streaks and fogging inside the windows. Opinions?

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD

Tags
repair, window