Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I used to have trouble with fogging windows, but that had not been an issue for about 40 years now....
Yeah, but back then it was cool to have fogged windows

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #16

Carolina Campers
Foggy windows driver/passenger on motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Yeah, but back then it was cool to have fogged windows

Maybe it was cool outside but as I remember it, hot and steamy inside.... Only going by memory now... It is cool inside and outside now.... Difficult to remember....

Ted

Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
I will be heading over to Bend to the rally in Aug and hope to get 6 windows fixed. Will be send him a layout of my coach and the window that are bad to get a price. I have see him at the Thousand Trails at Sunriver. Another guy on here from BC is have 11 windows done in June, he is the best around at a reasonable price.
Home Page
2 stroker
Now you are oing to cost ME money! Let me know how this works. I am not toooo far away.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Several shops in Florida repair the windows. None is very cheap. usually $325 for 1st window and 250-275 for each additional. One independent RV Sales, Service and repair try's to polish fog off window 1st. If that doesn't work he replaces with one pane of Tempered glass. been told that automotive safety glass is required only on Windshields. That properly tempered glass is fine for side windows. I have 6 more windows with fog problem and I am not going to pay 200 to 300 bucks per window. The "R Factor" on the factory dual Payne isn't enough to even talk about. I called Hehr (mfg of fogging windows) and they wouldn't couldn't give me the "R Factor" rating. claimed that no one else had ever asked for that rating. They won't even admit that they have ever been told of a possible problem. I'll NEVER purchase any MH with windows from them. safe travels.... ed
I went to the fog doctor in Searcy Arkansas he is pretty well known with a lot of posts on IRV about the quality of his work. If your windows cannot be cleaned and resealed he makes a new one out of glass. This window has to be sent to Memphis Tennessee to be tempered and then it has to be DOT certified, this is done in Memphis also. You cannot just put regular tempered glass in there it has to have a DOT certification on it.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #19

I also have this problem. I have a 2002 Brave 32ft. The window that is fogged up is the passenger "door" window. This makes it very hard to see the side view mirror. I can't seem to find the part numbers or the catalog. Does anyone know of a good glass place in the Chicagoland area? TIA
Old 05-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #20

I have the same.problem, have a appointment rv glass repair in Greensboro n.c. for this coming Wednesday. I live nearby, taking the rig to him.

Check out their website, they offer a you send him the window option and he fixes and return, or if he already has your template he can just send you a new window (models he has done before) or, you can make a template mail to him and he will send you a window.

I will report back on how it goes.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #21

Status report

Just got home from Greensboro, N.C. having my windows de-fogged at RV Glass Repair.

The short story is I had 4 windows done (5 if you consider one window was 2 peace slider that opened) and they all look great at this point. They use a new seal, that is supposed to be better, time will tell. The cost was $1,044.00.

The customer service wasn't great, promissed I would get in and out in a day, however through out the day they kept working on other customers stuff. At the end of the day they told me I had to stay over. We had discussed the possible need for a second day, if they had trouble removing my dash top to get to the side window screws, or if any of my glass needed replacing (if the fogging is left unattended, repeated wet and dry cycles can stain the glass requiring replacement). None of my glass required replacement, the dash tuned out to be easy. I made an appointment 3 weeks in advance, felt they should have completed my work.

Today they completed my work in about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, and it looked like if they stayed on my coach yesterday they could have been done and I could have been home.

They did provide a 50amp hookup for my stayover onsite.

Its great to have a clear view out the drivers side windows.

L.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #22

Just as information, got a quote from Dave Root in Bend, Or of $385 to do the main double window behind our sofa which started fogging in December. Would cost more if glass were etched and needing replacement! And no sales tax!!
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:21 AM   #23

That is about the same, I had 5 windows done, a single very large frame with 4 glass units next to the driver, then a different window on the other side that was 2 glass peices.

Removing the units was not a big deal, if they can get directly to the screws, no cabinets, window coverings in the way. Taking each glass unit apart, cuting the sealer, cleaning all that up, and then resealing etc took time per glass unit, not a fast thing. Labor intensive.

L.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:21 AM   #24

Thanks everyone. I called Duncan Rv Glass in Elkhart. To replace 3 wineries total. The entire copilot window works be 1040. With 4 weeks for the glad to come from the manufacturer.
Called Atwood and they have them in sick for about 150 a section. I'm going with dyi on this.
Thanks again all
Old 06-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbonsell View Post
Just as information, got a quote from Dave Root in Bend, Or of $385 to do the main double window behind our sofa which started fogging in December. Would cost more if glass were etched and needing replacement! And no sales tax!!
Dave Root did our windows last year - he drove down to San Jose and met me in my storage yard. Did 5 windows in about 6 hours and did a great job! I recommend him to anybody on the west coast!
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #26

So Far, I have not been able to learn how to start a new topic on this Yahoo Group Forum. Please excuse me for jumping on this thread but I wanted all to know about my experience at the RV FOG DR in Searcy, AR.

Of all the places I have taken my coach to have work done, the RV FOG DR has been my FAVORITE.

RV FOG DR does what they say they will do. The QUALITY of their work is OUTSTANDING! And even better is the QUALITY of the people who work here.

I have been here 4 nights with full hookup and 50 Amp power. The sites are level, easy to access and you feel safe here. The lighting at night is excellent.

If you have windows that need de-fogging, Searcy Arkansas is worth the drive. The folks next to us are from South Dakota. RV FOG DR has a customer base from all 50 states.

I am a "more than satisfied" customer!

D Jean
CC 81072

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #27

I wanted all to know about my experience at the RV FOG DR in Searcy, AR.

Of all the places I have taken my coach to have work done, the RV FOG DR has been my FAVORITE.

RV FOG DR does what they say they will do. The QUALITY of their work is OUTSTANDING! And even better is the QUALITY of the people who work here.

I have been here 4 nights with full hookup and 50 Amp power. The sites are level, easy to access and you feel safe here. The lighting at night is excellent.

If you have windows that need de-fogging, Searcy Arkansas is worth the drive. The folks next to us are from South Dakota. RV FOG DR has a customer base from all 50 states.

I am a "more than satisfied" customer!

D Jean
CC 81072

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
Several shops in Florida repair the windows. None is very cheap. usually $325 for 1st window and 250-275 for each additional. One independent RV Sales, Service and repair try's to polish fog off window 1st. If that doesn't work he replaces with one pane of Tempered glass. been told that automotive safety glass is required only on Windshields. That properly tempered glass is fine for side windows. I have 6 more windows with fog problem and I am not going to pay 200 to 300 bucks per window. The "R Factor" on the factory dual Payne isn't enough to even talk about. I called Hehr (mfg of fogging windows) and they wouldn't couldn't give me the "R Factor" rating. claimed that no one else had ever asked for that rating. They won't even admit that they have ever been told of a possible problem. I'll NEVER purchase any MH with windows from them. safe travels.... ed
I spoke to one of the companies that repair those windows. RV doctor in Searcy, Arkansas. On the side windows if they cannot be cleaned they cut a new window out and then have it tempered the last step is to get it certified by DOT so I am pretty sure that the tempering process has to be aproved by the DOT it cannot be just a regular tempered glass process.

gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, motorhome, window