Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Foggy Windows on Country Coach

Hi - I have a question about foggy windows. We just purchased this used rig. It is a 2004 Allure. Although we love our motorhome, we don't love the foggy windows in the cockpit area. We noticed a advertisment in a RV magazine for RVFOG DR. in Searcy, Arkansas. What I am wondering is if any one out there has been there and had them "un-fog" their windows. It will be quit a drive for us to go there BUT if they are the best...then it will be worth it. We are new to this forum so I hope I have done this right.
Thank you, GL Hoffman

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
GL,
Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of well know "de-fog" facilities, both east and west coast. If you do a forum search you will find numerous posts on fogged windows.

I have heard of RVFog Dr. but don't know much about them. We had our window fog problem solved by Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL. If you are on the east coast, or plan to be, you can't beat this company. They do outstanding work and are very reasonable. suncoastdesigners.com

Good luck on your quest.

Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Talk to Coach Glass in Eugene, OR. They do windshields and side windows. They are just a few miles from the Country Coach factory in Junction City Oregon.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

RVFog Dr does good work, but where are you located? There are several other places that specialize in this type of repair.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #5

We had foggy windows on our Winny Adventurer and had a shop replace the windows. After the fact I found out (in this forum) that the window manufactor recognized the problem and would provide some assistance in the fix. Too late to do me any good, but check it out before you get it fixed. No one offered to repair the existing windows either. Apparently you can do that.
Lesson learned: Always check IRV2 before you leap. It is a wealth of information and I can almost guarntee that any problem you encounter, someone on this site has been through it and can tell you how to best get it fixed.
SeaRay
Old 10-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced 2 of the glass sections in my 3 section passenger front window unit last month. Atwood made the windows, and they sold me new glass for about $130 each. I pulled the window out of the coach, took it apart, replaced the 2 bad peices of glass, put it back together, popped it back on, ion an afternoon.

No, I would not have old bad windows "fixed" the problem is bound to come back.
Sure wouldn't drive halfway across the country to get it done... my 2 new windows cost less than a full tank of fuel.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Thank you so much for all of your replies. In answer to one of your questions...we live in the Eastern part of Nebraska and if anyone knows of a closer establishment that does these windows...I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you again for your responses.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Swapping out the glass in an RV window is not rocket science and a local glass shop should be able to do it. Sometimes the dual glass panes themselves can be disassembled, cleaned and re-sealed, but the labor for that is nearly as much as just replacing the glass with new panes. Everything else involved is the same, just removing and re-installing the frames.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try foggeddoublepanewindow.com They have a mail order solution but I have not tried it yet but will have to very soon.
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Try foggeddoublepanewindow.com They have a mail order solution but I have not tried it yet but will have to very soon.
This process will not provide a permanent fix for the majority of users. Mini re-fogging will most likely occur and look like "breath on glass".

$28.50 for the directions... and then you still gotta go to walmart to buy the stuff, and then REFOGGING WILL MOST LIKELY OCCUR!
Sorry, new glass is cheap.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

My double pane windows that are fogging up are only in the cockpit. They are made by Atwood. I contacted Atwood's Ms Sue Phillips and she told me there was a sub-contrator problem back around the year of my 2004 MH. I then asked her if Atwood would fix the windows for nothing and she said I was outside the two year warranty period. She said that the windows in the cockpit are flexed more than back in the main area and that is why they failed. She said they have learned a lot since back in 2004 and have better sealing now. She said it was a fixed price of $150 for each window plus shipping from Elkhart, IN.

I would be real careful of having a window repaired by a small guy that uses his own method and glue that it will happen again. I have decided that I am going to get my windows directly from Atwood. The door window is easy to change myself. Just need some of the double suction cup handles to lift it out. The drivers window is a little bigger and I think I will need help on that.

You can tell if you have Atwood windows by looking on the outside of the rubber seal because it will say Atwood.

Here is the Atwood info:

Sue Phillips
Atwood Mobile Products
Replacement window line
574-266-4829
fax 574-262-9469
e-mail s.phillips@atwoodmobile.com
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
We had foggy windows on our Winny Adventurer and had a shop replace the windows. After the fact I found out (in this forum) that the window manufacturer recognized the problem and would provide some assistance in the fix. Too late to do me any good, but check it out before you get it fixed. No one offered to repair the existing windows either. Apparently you can do that.
Lesson learned: Always check IRV2 before you leap. It is a wealth of information and I can almost guarantee that any problem you encounter, someone on this site has been through it and can tell you how to best get it fixed.
SeaRay
If you are being told that Atwood will give you money toward a new window...well, forget that dream. Before we accepted our coach, the dealer replaced two Atwood Windows. When the coach was ours, we had to have an odd shaped crank-out window replaced to the tune of $1300. Atwood would not offer anything. Extended warranty doesn't cover a window fogging up. No fog doctors in our area. Happy travels, Joe
Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a couple of fogged up upper pane windows-going to let it go until the spring. I'm thinking about just getting single pane glass replacements, just have to make sure the tint matches up...
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
single pane replacements would be a big mistake. It will be much harder to cool unit in summer heat. Almost any glass shop can order insulated double pane glass cut to specs from PPG or others.