Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
Newmar Owners Club
Great! No good deed goes unpunished. I mentioned this thread to the wife. She was surprised that we have a convection oven/micro wave oven in the coach. After understanding what she has, she now wants one in the coach house at the resort where we own a lot! Using male logic I pointed out that she has never used the current convection oven in 6+ years we've had the coach. When at the resort, the coach is always there with us. Using female logic she said she would use it more if there was one in the coach house too.

Are there any females reading this thread that can help me with this? I'm confused.

2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #30
Freightliner Owners Club
Lizzy says the new ones will out-cook the older models, we have had both. One with a shelf is a great plus, gives you a variance of cooking temps. She says there is a learning curve, she got thru it pretty quick, has not used a gas oven in years, even tho we have had one in the last three coaches .
Other than the above post on boondocking, they are the better choice by far...

Back to a 5'er after 4 yrs fulltime.
Pulling with a '14 2500 ram, 6.4 Hemi.
Montana High Country 31RE
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We've cooked using all three for Thanksgiving but could probably have done without the gas oven. Still it's nice to have just in case. As mentioned- in the mean time- it's great storage.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #32
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
both of us really like or convection/micro
we cook pizza, fries, biscuits, cakes, cheese cake (omg divine if we are LEVEL ),
even did roast once.

we have used our stove maybe 10 times

did i mention mary b's biscuits...yum yum yum

if we cant cook it outside on the grill then we will use the convection oven
i have a hobby of eating,
so I am biased

did use the mix part once to cook a chicken and didnt really get it right so we use the convection part to cook all but popcorn
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #33
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
OK folks, you've convinced her! It looks like about 95%+ like the convection/microwave. That's good enough. We're trying to close on a Class A now that has just the convection/microwave. Thank all of you for your input! God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #34
I am a pretty good cook, have a convection oven at home and it's not one bit faster than tradtional. I have not used the micro/convection in the MH yet but we will be on the road for 3 months soon. I am not confident of it but this thread convinces me otherwise. I read someplace on here that it takes forever to preheat. Is that true?
Barb and Gordon Collins
Liberty, SC
2010 Phoenix Cruiser
BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #35

My wife says she likes the convection oven. We have one at home and one in the RV. If she likes them I like them!!
Safe Travels
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #36
Ford Super Duty Owner
Love our convection/microwave combo. Took a little getting use to, but would not consider a gas oven now. Like having the extra storage drawers under the range top.
Greg & Jo, Maggie & Riley
09 Coachmen Concord TS300
Jol912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #37
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most of our cooking is outside. We replaced the gas stove with a dishwasher. Next i plan to replace the microwave with a combo convection oven.

We store the dishes, cups and silverware in the dishwasher. Works great.
2010 Damon Daybreak 3204 Sport, bunkhouse with Jeep Wrangler toad.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #38
My wife is so happy with the micro/convection in our coach, that we replaced the oven space with a dishwasher.

Jim and Lynda, (Sophie, Jake, attack trained killer Shi-Tzus :-))

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have both and use both. DW likes using the microwave for some things and the gas oven for roasts and casseroles. We ordered the gas 3 burner Ammana/oven, the other choice was a electric two burner with dishwasher. We would never use the dishwasher, we only use our coach for a few summer weeks and the odd weekend so paper is perfect. I know the combo convection in our Discovery would not let you use the micro until the oven had cooled down after convection use, seemed to be an annoyance??
American Coach 2012 Revolution 42W
lmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #40
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We are looking at going to a Class A, and many of them have the combination convection/microwave ovens without a regular gas oven. My wife thinks she could never live with this and that we would have to install a gas oven. We would like the HONEST opinions of those that use only the convection oven without a gas oven. Thanks!
usewd convection oven for years and like it soo much bought one for house and hardly ever use conventional oven luv it
evadently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #41
love convectionl oven
evadently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #42
Country Coach Owners Club
I also insisted on the propane oven in addition to the micro/convection in 2007 when we bought our Winnebago 35L. We weaned ourself off it (we both cook) so that when we purchased our current Country Coach, we could live without it. We have NO problem living without it and like others on this thread enjoy the extra cupboard space. We have supplemented the 2 burner stove and convection with a toaster oven and an electric frying pan, and we can cook ANYTHING we could cook at home -- we just have to think it out before we start.

John & Cathy Lamb
45' Marathon XLII
num1dgh is offline   Reply With Quote