Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
For those that have relocated TV on a lift??

As the titel says, this question is for those that have installed a TV behind a couch or desk in one of the slides on a lift system.

How did you run your cable/s from where the TV was (probably in the front ovhd) to the new location? I know under my slide (Newmar) there are sissor type arms that all of the cableing is located in whihc allows it to move in and out with the slide, but how would I get it to that point?

The only thing I can think is to route it down the wall, maybe covered with a track, drill a hole in the floor to get the cable into the storage area and then get it to the articulating slide arms and then back up through the floor under the lift behind the couch.....Wow....LOL

BUT before I do all that I have to either replace my j-lounge with a strait front couch or see if I can simply cut the protrusion off and had it re-covered. The reason I would need to do this is that with the slides closed if I moved the couch out roughly 8" which is the didstance I think I need for a lift and TV I would not be able to walk to the back of the coach. The J-loung would cover my walkway to the rear.

Any ideas, help from anyone that has made these changes? Especially with the wire routing.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Our TV is on a lift in the slide, but it was originally installed that way.

My only suggestion is to find out where the other wires (AC, 12V, etc) are routed down and follow them.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #3

Google wireless hdmi
Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Below is how I did it. Hope this helps!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

The head-banger is finally GONE!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
MSHC, thanks. I knew I had seen your write up someplace but could not finrd it again.