Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #1

Ford 460

Season greetings: Have a 1994 Dolphin with a 460 ford engine and no wiring diagram. Replaced a blown fuse for the dash lights and now the engine will not start. Have checked all the fuses and no others were blown. The page for the wiring diagram is missing from my book therefore I do not have any idea where any other fuses may be located. Engine cranks fine but does not fire.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #2

We had a 460, one of the best engines ever made, I'll dig through our old stuff and see if I have any info, good luck.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Was able to find books at auto parts store for my old 460.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did you post your question in the National RV section of the forums? Someone there may be able to help you.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang67 View Post
Season greetings: Have a 1994 Dolphin with a 460 ford engine and no wiring diagram. Replaced a blown fuse for the dash lights and now the engine will not start. Have checked all the fuses and no others were blown. The page for the wiring diagram is missing from my book therefore I do not have any idea where any other fuses may be located. Engine cranks fine but does not fire.
Hi Mustang67, and
So you are saying everything was fine until you replaced a blown dash light fuse?
Are the dash lights working now?
The dash light circuit is completely separate from the engines ignition system.
I suppose there could be a short somewhere, but if that's the case the dash light fuse should have blown out again.
Is it possible a wire/connector was knocked loose while replacing the dash light fuse?
If everything looks ok it may have been a coincidence. I would start from scratch and see if you have fuel, spark and compression.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote