Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #1

ford AC

can someone tell me,, if you can add a can of 134A, to a ford workhorse V10 class A MH,,, if so where is the port to add the freon,,, I have a ITASCA 02 Sunova any help will be taken to heart
02 sunova
02 SUNOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
i dont have my mh here right now but a little googleing on the f53 chassis should get you an answer
and
a great
big
WELCOME
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #3

Is it a Ford or Workhorse ??? Different animals!!!
Bill Senick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Senick View Post
Is it a Ford or Workhorse ??? Different animals!!!
he said ford so it would be a f53 chassis
brianj
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Having worked in A/C and refrigeration since before 1970, I would caution you to proceed with caution. Not knowing what you are getting into, you can potentially cause more damage than the money you might save.

If you are having to add refrigerant, you have a leak and the first issue is to find the leak and repair it before adding more refrigerant. With a refrigerant loss, you can also loose the oil and you do not know how much was lost or how much to add.

So proceed with caution.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #6

Ford ac freon fill

i STILL HAVEN'T FOUND OUT,, IF YOU CAN ADD FREON, AND WHERE IS THE LOCATION OF THE FILL PORT, ON A ITASCA SUNOVA,, F53 FORD,,, MY COACH IS IN AZ. I GO IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TO PICK IT UP,, AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME FREON TO GET THRU THE DESERT
02 SUNOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Should be under the hood (front of motorhome) passanger side...
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
02 Sunova, OK, you head down to Walmart and get a can or two or three of R-134A. How much do you add? Next, apparently it is not cooling. There are other reasons the unit will not cool. And some of them will cause other problems and can be dangerous if you just dump in refrigerant.

So proceed with caution. You will need to charge to the correct pressure level with a gauge on the compressor suction side. Operate the fan on high speed, and run the engine at high idle...1200 to 1500 RPM and at a constant speed. After you have added some refrigerant (as vapor on the compressor suction) hold the speed and let the system stabilize.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #9

The dash AC on my new to me motorhome didn't work. Well, twice now 2 different problems. Neither one was a low charge issue. The 1st issue was that the condenser fan relay was wired wrong from the factory switching power direct to ground instead of the motor. Then the evaporator thermostat went out. Point being; lot of things to go wrong not related to the system charge.
neilking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford