Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2008, 03:50 AM   #29
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horatio54:
This WH ambassador thing intrigues me...Does any type of consideration (money..tickets to events...special pricing...preferential treatment) anything that I as a non ambassador cannot get .happen btwn WH and the Ambassadors? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll let the Ambasadors speak for themselves on this. However, I know they work some of the RV shows right alongside the WH employees, and they know people at WH they can contact directly for info. You and I can call the Customer Service line, but I doubt I will ever get to talk directly to a WH engineer.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Based on years of reading debates related to Ford and Workhorse ownership, there are many passionate owners on both sides. I inspected and drove both and would be a proud owner of either platform.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:13 AM   #31
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tmar10:
Based on years of reading debates related to Ford and Workhorse ownership, there are many passionate owners on both sides. I inspected and drove both and would be a proud owner of either platform. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tmar10, Now that's a post I can believe in! It's the American way you have choices, you choose and you enjoy.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #32

driver ..I agree wholeheartedly..This never was about which was better just being inquisitive...By the way is there an answer to my compensation question re WH and Ambassadors
Old 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #33

Driver ...
I saw a post on here from you but it appears to have been deleted by a moderator ...I will go from memory to address your points ..yes I have already purched a 2009 Sunstar but I would challenge you to see where I told anyone what chassis it is on ...I think you will find in my early posts that I was simply being inquisitive into a statistical anomoly that I could not make sense of .. I had an observation and asked for opinions
2&gt you seem a little indignant that I am interested in the payment arrangements for the WH (Ambassadors)...I don't care one iota if you make $1 or $1000000 or "expenses" I do care however if you are being paid or "expensed" by WH and then are saying these opinions are truely your own.. $1 or $1000000 or a t-shirt you are bought and paid for wheather you believe it or not ..to test that theory try offering truely critical opinions of WH and see how long your status remains as an Ambassador....I will use myself as an example I am currently in the process of being audited by the IRS .. (no fun) I have been assigned a "Taxpayer Advocate" ....sounds like he would be on my side huh? Guess who is paying him ? you guessed it.. the IRS themselves guess who got an attorney instead ?
Please do not get offended by my posts.. I don't care what chassis you have or want or think is better .The better choice is to enjoy the one you have or sell it and get another .

I do not want to be an ambassador or care that you are one ..good for you doing things that are interested in... keeps one young..I am interested in questioning things that to me don't seem right.

Oh and surprisingly I did read about 70% of the posts in the forum in question and I can see the issue clearly.... I will tell you that waiting for WH or NHTSA to would not be my answer to the problem . If you think they are working in your best interest you would be wrong(in my opinion) Lawyer up folks and get what you are owed through the courts

Thank You and Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #34

horatio54

Show us your W2 1099's etc, then maybe the Ambassadors can decide if you are worthy of a response by them --- You seem very quick to judge and condemn folks.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #35

old goat... not sure what you seem to have your knickers all in a knot about ...You seem awful quick to prove you have no idea what anyone is talking about ...let me guess.. WH owner who thinks $ = power or knowledge.. can't formulate a reasoned arguement so he boils it down to ..You don't make enough money so I am better than you? ... ..Could not be further from the truth .thanks so much for the intelligent offering ...
Old 12-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #36

Seems to be your attitude So if an Ambassador receives any form of compensation, that now makes anything they say suspect -- if they aren't compensated, I don't know what your stance is. You just seem very quick to condemn anything the Ambassadors say.
Have you ever met any at a rally? Talked face to face? I doubt it. There are many here that have met them and know better than your accusations or insinuations about their integrity.

This is my last post regarding your baiting for an argument.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, discussing each other is not permitted by our rules.

Discussing issues, opinions, etc. is permitted.

Administration

Old 12-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #38

oldgoat .the point of the discussion seems to hav been missed by you entirely.Go back and read the posts ...I said I don't care if they are paid or not paid ..god bless them for doing something they obviously love ...However in the interest of full disclosure if you are depending on them for advice and guidence you should know the "arrangements " between them and WH .I haven't condenmed a single word they have posted.It seems to be good advice from a technical aspect ..Just because you have met them and talked to them and like them really does'nt add to the discussion. ..I ask you... do you know of the "arrangements" or have they offered this information to you willingly?

Let me ask you ..If you knew that WH was compensating them doesn't it bother you..
If you didn't know does it make you think a little about who"s side they really are on? I know it does me..
Old 12-25-2008, 05:01 AM   #39
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Since this thread is no longer discussing which chassis has more Class A units on the road and continues to be a discussion in violation of iRV2's TOS and Rules prohibiting flaming of members, moderators, and/or administrators I'm closing it for additional discussion.

Unfortunately, the warning posted above went unheeded and has resulted in this action.

Administrator

Closed Thread