RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ford V10 DYI Oil Change, Installed Fumoto Valve

Preparing for a cross country trip I prepared the Newmar Canyon Star with basic service. Oil Change, lubricate Kingpins, walk around tightening and adjusting various items.
On my list was to install the Fumoto Valve that has been sitting in my tool box. And a Lock N Lube grease fitting devise. Here is my experience

https://youtu.be/vIRcgqr9PPM

JoeHogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #2

Is there a question here?

Enjoy the trip

Old 09-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperbob11 View Post
Is there a question here?

Enjoy the trip
Youtube hits are the new post count.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:28 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thank you for the response. I posted this here for a couple of reasons.

First I am interested, as noted in the video, what other DYI folks do and other methods or practices when changing fluids in their motorhomes.

These videos are also to help those that have never been under their motorhome. Changing oil is "second nature' to many of us but there are folks new to RV DYI that could use some relatively easy examples.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:58 AM   #5

I think it's great that people post instructional videos on YouTube. I have learned a ton this way. I guess though I fail to see the instructional aspect of yours. Your title is "Oil Change and Fumoto Valve install" but no where do you show how you actually do any of it. I only watched the video to see how you put your oil in. I have my method and it works well but I always like to see how other people do it.

Was this just a way to direct people to your YouTube channel?

Oh well, thanks for sharing I guess. Oh, also FYI, it's DIY.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:25 AM   #6

I also watched the video, had some free time, and the only thing I saw was a cartoon of oil coming out of the new drain valve.

Not sure how the video could help folks unfamiliar with changing oil. There wasn't even a reference as to where the oil drain fitting is.

It was like watching a bad movie until the end, waiting for the good part and it never comes.

Sorry, I didn't get it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thank you for the feedback.
I was attempting to tailor the video for this audience. Apparently my assumption that folks on IRV2 would have at least a passing understanding of the basics of an Ford F53 chassis and the V10 was incorrect. This feedback helps me provide useful content for my next video.
Thanks
Old 09-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHogan View Post

First I am interested, as noted in the video, what other DYI folks do and other methods or practices when changing fluids in their motorhomes.

These videos are also to help those that have never been under their motorhome. Changing oil is "second nature' to many of us but there are folks new to RV DYI that could use some relatively easy examples.

VS: Thank you for the feedback.
I was attempting to tailor the video for this audience. Apparently my assumption that folks on IRV2 would have at least a passing understanding of the basics of an Ford F53 chassis and the V10 was incorrect. This feedback helps me provide useful content for my next video.
Thanks

Those that "have never been under their motorhome" or having an understanding of the basics aren't very synonymous, but ..... I know what I want to say, but don't know how to say it without getting in trouble.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #9

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback.
Thanks
Now I think we are all confused. Your first response says it was to help "those that have never been under their motorhome". Then your second response was "I was attempting to tailor the video for this audience".

I guess we aren't the only ones confused.

funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, install, led, v10, valve