Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

Ford V10 - Starting issues when warm

I have a 2001 Georgie Boy, Cruise Master that runs great until I shut it off for fuel, etc. When warm/hot, it will not restart until cooled down, typically at least 1/2 hr??
rdeboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #2

Could be a host of issues... anything from vapor lock (try venting the gas cap before cranking it over) to a cracked distributor cap. (I had this happen on a honda accord... the cap would expand when hot and the crack would get big enough to cause a no start scenario).

Check the basics... you need fuel, oxygen and a source of ignition.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeboer View Post
I have a 2001 Georgie Boy, Cruise Master that runs great until I shut it off for fuel, etc. When warm/hot, it will not restart until cooled down, typically at least 1/2 hr??
Does it turn over but won't start, or does not turn over at all?
Charrua72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post
Could be a host of issues... anything from vapor lock (try venting the gas cap before cranking it over) to a cracked distributor cap. (I had this happen on a honda accord... the cap would expand when hot and the crack would get big enough to cause a no start scenario).

Check the basics... you need fuel, oxygen and a source of ignition.

Should not have vapor lock on fuel injected motor and v10 does not have a distributor cap, it has COP coil on plugs.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #5

It is not likely vapor lock because it is a pressurized fuel system. However, if there is some vapor lock (typical in hot weather with winter blend fuel), keep the key on for 10 seconds and restart. This will help with that. The fuel cap release will do nothing for that. This engine does have a solenoid that controls idle. They can stick. When cranking, just slightly apply some gas pedal. This will allow air into the intake and should start. If the gas pedal is sticky, this indicates a build up on the throttle body. This can be easily cleaned out. You can also try to hold the gas pedal wide open throttle. If you do this and then crank the engine, the fuel injectors will remain off. If it starts, suspect a possible issue with flooding. If there are some leaking fuel injectors, this can cause an issue.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #6

Ugh... Soo right. Showing my age. D'oh.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, v10