Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #1

Hi,

I am the one who almost/thankful didn't, bought the 99 Triple E Senator with the water damage.

We have been looking since then, all weekend.
We were getting a little discouraged. Our price range was only 24000.00.

We were constantly comparing it to the pretty 99 we had to walk away from.

We found a 95 Southwind Storm 28ft.
No awning, but absolutely GORGEOUS on the inside and out. No water damage and only
33,0000 mi on it. I swear no one has really sat in it. Its so clean!!!! And I am PICKY!! One stain on upholstery and I want out of the coach, when I am looking to buy.

We got it for 24,900.
They brought the price down 4000.00 for us.

That was prevously brought down from 36,000.00

GOOD DEAL?
We did a NADA on it. Nada said 29000 was a retail price.

I don't know the blue book value.

One thing is really funny, it wasn't till we were taking a pic with our phone that we realized it has no passenger doors!!!
That threw us, as we are used to a C class. HAHAHA!!! SO I now think of it as a cheaper bus as they don't usually have doors either.

I want to know if anyone knows of problems with these. It has a Chevy 454 in it.
How does it drive?
We didn't even drive it yet. Doing that wednesday as they were closing. HAHA
Buying an awning soon too.

It is just so hard to keep a clear head when looking at motorhomes.

We bought a 3 yr. warranty that covers bumper to bumper inside and out. We just can't afford to fix major problems. I hate buying warranties!!!

What do you think? Good deal? Good motorhome?
No doors, two less doors to worry about leaks!!!

Any info MUCH appreciated!!!

M.

Just can't help feeling rushed into finding one. Once you got the bug.....
shelly2koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #2

Hi,

I am the one who almost/thankful didn't, bought the 99 Triple E Senator with the water damage.

We have been looking since then, all weekend.
We were getting a little discouraged. Our price range was only 24000.00.

We were constantly comparing it to the pretty 99 we had to walk away from.

We found a 95 Southwind Storm 28ft.
No awning, but absolutely GORGEOUS on the inside and out. No water damage and only
33,0000 mi on it. I swear no one has really sat in it. Its so clean!!!! And I am PICKY!! One stain on upholstery and I want out of the coach, when I am looking to buy.

We got it for 24,900.
They brought the price down 4000.00 for us.

That was prevously brought down from 36,000.00

GOOD DEAL?
We did a NADA on it. Nada said 29000 was a retail price.

I don't know the blue book value.

One thing is really funny, it wasn't till we were taking a pic with our phone that we realized it has no passenger doors!!!
That threw us, as we are used to a C class. HAHAHA!!! SO I now think of it as a cheaper bus as they don't usually have doors either.

I want to know if anyone knows of problems with these. It has a Chevy 454 in it.
How does it drive?
We didn't even drive it yet. Doing that wednesday as they were closing. HAHA
Buying an awning soon too.

It is just so hard to keep a clear head when looking at motorhomes.

We bought a 3 yr. warranty that covers bumper to bumper inside and out. We just can't afford to fix major problems. I hate buying warranties!!!

What do you think? Good deal? Good motorhome?
No doors, two less doors to worry about leaks!!!

Any info MUCH appreciated!!!

M.

Just can't help feeling rushed into finding one. Once you got the bug.....
shelly2koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
shelly2koi,
Well you sure have been busy. Sounds like you might have a good find, some things to check would be tires,date of mfg, tread wear of front tires, take a look at engine compartment look for oil leaks around valve covers, an around engine, check oil, clean?, check shocks, look like they ever been changed?, take a look at exhaust sys. could possibly be a Banks sys. Good thing if it is. Look under chassis look for anything loose or out of place.
Check all appliances, water heater, refri, water pump if possible, Generator, hours used alot is good, oil in Gen. Start Gen., than micro, refer, air cond. while gen running. Look inside heater compartment for unwanted guests, run heater see how batteries hold up to run it, also lights.
Some of these items may have to be replaced by you, but if most check out to the good, at lease you know what ones you may have to fix in future. I have covered alot an there maybe more, someone will bring up.
You say its clean so privious owners may have kept up maintenence of coach thats a plus. Chevy engine, good mileage, but had troubles with manifolds like Fords did in those years, thats why check for Banks sys. Test brakes when you drive it an listen for strange sounds. I can't think of anything else right now, wish you Luck an check it the best you can. If you are handy you can fix it up to your liking, small size 28ft will be easy to handle. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:12 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Congrats Shelley! Sounds like a nice rig. I have had great service from my Burb with the 454 and Turbo 400 tranny. I feel about the best,easyest and least expensive check of an engines condition is a vacuum check. Also I would encourage changing all engine fluids to include differencial and a tranmission flush. Ask the dealer, they may include it or give you a good price for the service. 007 had some good comments but in addition check for leaks on the power steering pump & gear box. Don't be overwhelmed by all of this though, just be cautious. Best to you, and of course... Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:17 AM   #5

shelly2koi, Glad you found the coach that you were in the market for, it pays to step back sometimes and go over all the information you have in order to make a correct decison, enjoy.... Ed. S
Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #6

This just proves the old saying to never get into a hurry when shopping for anything. There is always another rig out there and what you want does exist, as long as the demands are reasonable.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #7

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Shelly2koi,
Welcome to the Triple E "family." I'm confident that you'll appreciate that "Canadian craftsmanship." The Triple E factory is about an hours drive from me and I've been through their factory many times and each time I'm more impressed than the last when it comes to the quality that they build into their RVs.
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
shelley, congrats on the new rig. All the info that has been past on is great. The one thing that you should do is have the LP system checked. Take it to an RV service center and have them do a mono check on the lp system. This will tell you if there is an lp leak or not. Beter safe than sorry. Best of luck and happy trails.

Jim RV Tech
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a