Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #15

Yes Brian, I've placed one of those fence posts on my rig also. Very handy, but I haven't decided how to secure the end cap. I like your method, where did you get that closure strap assembly?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandog View Post
Thanks Brian......going to home Depot to obtain the materials. ....did you install under the door where the fresh water and sewer hookups are?

My last storage bays have notches in them and I mounted it in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Yes Brian, I've placed one of those fence posts on my rig also. Very handy, but I haven't decided how to secure the end cap. I like your method, where did you get that closure strap assembly?

It's a child proof latch for a refrigerator. Got them at Home Depot.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #18

Okay, so separate compartment it is. I'll have to look into the under coach option, I like that, and our old motorhome had one from the factory. I also put the two ends of the hose together as soon as I disconnect and use separate hoses for fresh water and tank flushing.
'
Thanks for you input
Bill
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
If you keep your toothbrush within 15 feet of your toilet, you will be ok storing the two hoses in the same compartment.

You have built up your immunity!
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
If you keep your toothbrush within 15 feet of your toilet, you will be ok storing the two hoses in the same compartment.

You have built up your immunity!

That's good one!!

Russell
Old 08-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I also keep the fresh and utility hoses separate. I have a specific, 4 ft hose for the black tank flush. Stored in separate tubs with ends joined, but the tubs are in the same bay. I have all my water hoses set up with quick connects, brass on the fresh line and plastic on the utilities, and the fittings are reversed between the fresh and utility so you have both a visual and material mismatch if you try to connect my fresh hose to the tank flush, and vice versa. I also keep a spray bottle of bleach solution in the water bay. Every connection, including the sewer connections, gets sprayed on connect and disconnect.

BTW, I have read that bleach loses its effectiveness fairly quickly once exposed to air, so if you also use a bleach spray, change it out every two weeks or so.

Bleach does have a shelflife. Between 70 to 90 fully effective for 3 to 4 months, however, still can be used for normal disinfecting up to six maybe seven months. For more information, you can check the Clorox website.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Here is our twist: We keep the freshwater hose (and related pressure regulator, nozzles, water filter, etc) in the sealed plastic tub and leave the black/grey tank hoses coiled and sitting unprotected on the bottom of the wet bay. Same but different? \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #23

I do not connect the ends of the hoses together after use. I drain them of any water the best I can then coil each into separate 5 gal. buckets to air dry with ends open. I've heard that trapping the water \ dampness left in the hoses with no air circulation by putting the ends together could breed bacteria & mold where letting them air dry limits the probability. Could be BS but sounded logical.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
To eliminate all problems, there are some great filters out there. Some you can run swamp water through it and drink it immediately. I still connect the ends of the hose, however, I put 2 tablespoons of Clorox in the hose prior to connecting them. Next campsite, connect to water and rinse Thoroughly.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #25

This is why this forum is so valuable. So many ideas and methods.........great minds making life easier for us all. This isn't even my thread but I picked up some really good info. Thank you.
dm.akafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #26

Let me get this right. You dump black water, then dump grey water, then rinse with fresh water. However, there is still a crowd that thinks that fecal matter can jump from a rinsed hose to a fresh water fitting several feet away. I keep my dump hose a foot away from the fresh water input fitting. I just don't see an issue with this.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Let me get this right. You dump black water, then dump grey water, then rinse with fresh water. However, there is still a crowd that thinks that fecal matter can jump from a rinsed hose to a fresh water fitting several feet away. I keep my dump hose a foot away from the fresh water input fitting. I just don't see an issue with this.

You don't have to have an issue with it, some of us prefer not to have them in close quarters and do have an issue with it. Do you really believe your sewage hose is clean because you rinsed it with grey water and then fresh water? Is that how you wash your dishes, just rinse them with fresh water?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
You don't have to have an issue with it, some of us prefer not to have them in close quarters and do have an issue with it. Do you really believe your sewage hose is clean because you rinsed it with grey water and then fresh water? Is that how you wash your dishes, just rinse them with fresh water?

The distance between my butt and my mouth is only about 2 feet. I have never tried to move them further apart.... I think we are over thinking this. Just saying :-)

Randy W

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
water