Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #29

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am probably more of a germophobe then most. I would prefer the sewer it it's own box as I had on our last coach. Now I have a situation where all hook ups are in the same box. The sewer stays connected to the RV all the time and I have a cap for the male end. I also keep the water hose connected to the RV full time and I put a fitting in female end that goes out to the faucet. In most cases that fitting is the air plug I use to blow out the lines when winterizing. I also came up with a way to keep the black tank flush connected full time so with just the flip of a switch I can flush the tank... No more extra hoses, connecting, disconnecting, storing, etc. the first fitting is, of course a back flow, lock out; not inexpensive, about $30.00 at a plumbing supply store. Did not want to get a cheap one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1408582872.963167.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	801.3 KB
ID:	71510

Dan Callahan
North Jersey
2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
Freightliner Chassis, Cummins and Allison

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillbeit View Post
The distance between my butt and my mouth is only about 2 feet. I have never tried to move them further apart.... I think we are over thinking this. Just saying :-)

Randy W

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

If your butt has stuff leaking out of it, you might want to try another forum ;-).

In all seriousness, I just don't want that hose in ANY of my storage bays. I chose to add a storage for it under the MH. Some choose to put them in boxes with lids, some place their hoses in different bays, and some see no big deal in keeping them together. That's the great part of this forum, different examples/ideas of what others have chosen to do and we decide which way we are comfortable with.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I work on a ship subject to regular inspections by the FDA. Our potable water hoses are required to be stored with caps on the ends in a box separate from all other equipment. There are other considerations aside from fecal matter when it comes to your potable water including dirt and insects in your hose. Personally, I keep mine in a separate bay, when I hook up to city water I flush the hose for 2-3 minutes, and I still always run it through two filters (charcoal and particulate).
lymanlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #32

I'm supposed to have separate hoses????? Now I know why the ice maker makes speckled ice cubes!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymanlouis View Post
I work on a ship subject to regular inspections by the FDA. Our potable water hoses are required to be stored with caps on the ends in a box separate from all other equipment. There are other considerations aside from fecal matter when it comes to your potable water including dirt and insects in your hose. Personally, I keep mine in a separate bay, when I hook up to city water I flush the hose for 2-3 minutes, and I still always run it through two filters (charcoal and particulate).
I use at tee at the city supply connection with my city supply hose connected to one side of the tee through my pressure regulator. On the other side of the tee, I have a short hose to the black tank rinse. I never disconnect my supply hose or fittings in the photo on the tee other than maintenance. My reasoning is if the system is not opened, there is no chance of contamination. The only connection I make to hook up is to the pedestal where I run some water from the tap, spray it with bleach and connect my hose. The hose stays coiled in my wet bay and I only pull out enough to make my connection. When I unhook from the pedestal, I use a plastic cap to seal the end of the hose from contamination. So far, so good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	71645  
Old 08-22-2014, 01:54 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let ask this guy

Maybe he has a storage solution.
Attached Images

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be careful, or else........

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1408715188.714505.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	71673

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #36

Thats what I'd do. Lay down & cover my ears??? Lol
Old 08-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #37

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fresh and Black water hoses ??

Definitely gotta watch out for that black tank roof vent during the "rinse cycle"! And know when to take cover!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Since we're showing pictures, I'll add mine. Call me energy conservative (lazy) but I don't like having to connect all the hoses, then having to change out hoses for the washout sprayers so I came up with a semi-permanent solution. One quick disconnect hose hookup to the filter, then another quick disconnect from the filter to the "manifold" and I'm done. Takes less than a minute to hook up. Cost about $12 to build the whole thing, not including the filter.

My gray water and black water washouts are available with the turn of valves. There should not be any back pressure from the washout sprayers, but if there ever is, there is a one way valve built in to the upper part of the manifold so there is no way contaminated water can back up into the supply. Just for grins I added a water pressure gauge. The fresh water hose and filter are stored in a separate compartment. There is a quick disconnect cap for the manifold intake to keep out any contaminants, spiders, etc when not in use or traveling.

Oh yeah, don't forget to drain everything before a hard freeze. PVC pipe doesn't do well in a freeze. Re-building it the second time took less time than the first.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WaterHookup1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	71704   Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterHookup2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	71705  

'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
nice for hoses to have their own place. just not with each other.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dan

Rubb Goldberg would be proud. That's a nice build and looks very user friendly. May I ask where your gray water flush enters the tank?

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtall View Post
Rubb Goldberg would be proud. That's a nice build and looks very user friendly. May I ask where your gray water flush enters the tank?
Thank you. My wife says I'm half Rube anyway.

The gray water flush is in the side of the tank near the top. Had to cut a 3/4-1" hole and it attached with silicone and screws. I had a major problem with gunk building up on the inside of the gray tank making the level sensor inoperable until I installed this one. I think it was called Tornado Tank Rinser from Camping World. It mounts permanently in the tank with a hose attached and has a rotating spray head. I haven't had any problem since I started rinsing out the tank for a few minutes.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #42
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those less DIY skilled but still want a dump hose holder, there are these:
EZ Hose Carriers Archives - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

My black tank stuff (drain and wash-out hoses) is in the service bay. My "white" fresh water hoses (3 each, in different lengths) are in a totally different bin. Bacteria can cross surfaces and can make you very sick...even contaminating the RV's fresh water system.

Damon put the city water feed outside the service bay. I have always wondered about RV makers that put the feed inside the service bay

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water