Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #1

Fresh water leak near rr tire 38N

Hi All, I am new to the forum and have a water leak problem.
A little introduction first. My wife and I went fulltime last April and are enjoying our time on the road. our motorhome is a 2006 Fleetwood Bounder 38n diesel pusher. I really enjoy reading through all the forums as they have been helpful with a bunch of minor issues with the coach.
This latest has me pretty stumped though. I have a fresh water leak just in front of the rr wheels. It comes out of 2 little rubber tubes (similar to those that leak when you run an A/C in a car). It only leaks there when I am hooked to an outside water source or when I have the water pump turned on.
By measuring outside and inside the coach it seems to be in line with under the bathroom sink. Everything in the coach and under the sink is dry. I noticed the 2 water lines seem to end under the sink attached to a gold colored connector which is stapled to the floor. Nothing is wet there inside the coach either. They are right in the area of the 2 rubber tubes that leak outside. Any ideas on why water would be leaking out these 2 rubber tubes/teats?...and a possible solution? Thanks, Dave

Grampy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Perhaps the drains are the low point drains? Check that any shut off valves are turned off completely. The fact that it only leaks when under pressure of city water or the pump doesn't sound like they are the water tank drains. If you have a valve that switches from tank fill/city pressure was leaking, I'd suspect tank overflow, but the water pump shouldn't pressurize the tank and cause overflow.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #3

Thanks BFlinn181, the low point drains are on the other side of the coach. You are correct though, it is not the fresh water tank which is only about 1/4 full. I have had the coach about 2 yrs now and the problem started about 4 months ago. Dave
Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #4

Does your rig leak just when you use the sink? Can you list some conditions under which it leaks. Example: the fresh water tank is full.

There is a check valve on the water pump that is supposed to prevent city water going in to the fresh water tank back thru the water pump. If the fresh water tank fills up, there is an overflow tube on the top of the fresh tank that drains on that side of the coach. If the check valve fails (while on city water), the fresh tank fills up and it drains via one of those tubes. The check valve can be partially closed so the leak is not a hard flow.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #5

Hi FreedomDream, It only leaks when I have the water lines under pressure from city water or when the water pump pressurizes the system. shortly after the pressure is gone it stops leaking. most of the time the fresh water tank is 1/4 to 1/2 full and there is nothing in that area that connects to the fresh water tank. It leaks even if the bathroom sink is not ever used. Dave
Old 01-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #6

Where is the water heater? Could these be drain tubes from the water heater area?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #7

Thanks Scatterbrain, the water heater is on the same side about 8 feet back. i did open the panels back there to see and feel if anything was wet around the hoses or tank. nothing was wet and no water on the floor or any trails of it flowing from there. Dave
Old 01-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #8

Grampy Dave, I am beginning to suspect a small leak in a water line near there because you have been so thorough with your inspection. Are you sure it is coming out of a tube or just running along the outside of the tube to the tubes terminus? How big is the tube?

If the tube are the size of the Air Conditioner drain tubes, it sounds like it may be from the refrigerator which has the same size tubes. Check your ice maker and the fridge's condensate tube. These can be found behind the fridge's access panel out side.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:53 PM   #9

thanks Freedom Dream, my refrigerator is about 8 feet away from where the water leaks and it is in the slideout section of the kitchen area. seems unlikely but a good idea to check on anyway. I do have the water line to the ice maker disconnected and turned off but I will check the area anyway. Just frustrating that I can't seem to pin it down easily as it is under the bathroom sink with only a small area to see and about enough room to get 1 hand in to feel around. Maybe my travels this spring will bring me to wherever Fleetwood builds these and they can help out. Very frustrating! Dave

Tags
leak, fresh water, water, water leak