Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2017, 06:56 AM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Access Help

I have a 2015 Forest River FR3 30 DS. When I turn my pump on, my fresh water from the tank smells horrible. I need to sanitize the tank. Question: How do I get the sanitizer in the tank? I've attempted to pull it in via the pump by reversing the flow but the pump only turns on when the faucets are open. Basically, what I'm wondering is if I'm missing something? Is their an access point I'm not aware of? Thank you!
scotty3262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #2

scotty3262-

Welcome to iRV2!

Your coach's owner's manual may contain tank sanitizing instructions.

Does your coach have a fresh water tank gravity fill door?
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
HAVE the water fill hose MT, hook hose to RV, pour bleach into hose, hook hose to water spigot, fill tank. Or if you have gravity fill pour bleach in and add water there to rinse inlet.

LEN
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #4

If you have a water filter in your water bay, remove the filter element, pour in the bleach, put the top on and fill your tank. Replace filter element when done.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #5

We have a hose and valve by water pump to run antifreeze through the system. I filled 1 gallon jugs with bleach and water. Set valve to fill tank from hose connection. Use pump to suck the bleach solution from the jugs. With the valve set to fill the fresh water tank the pump will recirculate from the tank and back again. It will also suck up the bleach solution at the same time.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #6

Is it the cold water or hot water that smells? If the hot, then it's probably your hot water tank.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 AM   #7

One source of the smell could be the filters. I have an under counter filter for a water dispenser, drinking, and it developed a sulphur smell over the fall/winter. Replacing took care of that. I also have a whole house filer but it's a new cartridge.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:01 AM   #8

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water