Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #1

Question Fridge 95 Geogie Boy ????

I have the norcold 6182 in our 95 Georgie Boy, I just changed out the cooling unit on it about 3 weeks ago worked like a charm. Today it went off and won't come back on in AC are gas. I been checking what I could in between the down pours and as far as I can tell the AC plug isn't got any power to it, where do I go from here? I think it has to have the ac to work in either ac are gas doesn't it. I got to get this figured out. Thanks in advance for any help. Ronnie in Okla.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It must have 12 v for the control board to operate, not 120 v. If the outlet is dead, check the circuit breaker in the power panel and also any GFI outlets that might be between the refrigerator outlet and panel.

Do you see the LEDs light up on the front display, the interior lights on? If not, 12 v is not being supplied. Check that the power from the RV is present and check the fuse on the back control panel.

http://data.manualslib.com/pdf2/33/3...a9875b5c597006

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
epj

Had a similar problem. The GFIC outlet in the bathroom kept tripping. Fixed by changing light bulb in fluorescent light in bedroom which was adjacent.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
It must have 12 v for the control board to operate, not 120 v. If the outlet is dead, check the circuit breaker in the power panel and also any GFI outlets that might be between the refrigerator outlet and panel.

Do you see the LEDs light up on the front display, the interior lights on? If not, 12 v is not being supplied. Check that the power from the RV is present and check the fuse on the back control panel.

http://data.manualslib.com/pdf2/33/3...a9875b5c597006
The lites come on the front but just show LP and the red X after the fire goes out. What fuse are you talking about? Is there one on the back of the fridge in the cover that comes off?
Old 06-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Page 22-23, all versions show 2 or 3 fuses, 3 A, 5 A, and 20 A fuses on the power supply board.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Page 22-23, all versions show 2 or 3 fuses, 3 A, 5 A, and 20 A fuses on the power supply board.
3A automotive type fuse....DC for fridge controls
5A glass fuse......AC heater element
20A (or higher).....DC heater element if 3 way fridge

Whether operating on electric or propane fridge has to have DC Voltage.
It supplies power to control module (circuit board), all controls, panel lights etc

When on AC..need 120V AC power from outlet to circuit board AC fuse to element.

No AC.....outlet feeder tripped (CB or GFCI)...fuse blown on board/bad element
No DC....feeder fuse bad (DC Dist Panel individual fuse)
Old 06-02-2016, 04:34 PM   #7

Thanks !!! The GFCI was throwed off in the bathroom, reset it and it popped right on. I'll just have to figure out what made it trip. Thanks Again !!! Ronnie in wet Okla.

Tags
fridge