Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Model # WRT111SFAB00.
Thanks

WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
I have a 2000 Dutch Star, and last Nov. my Dometic started going bad. I have an extended warranty and talked them into putting a residential in. They were all for it because it was cheaper for them. I measured, measured, and measured again to make sure the fridge I chose would fit with the least amount of wood working. I found a Whirlpool that fits the same space, and is bigger inside. A lot of people go with the Samsung. But I must say I should've done it a lot sooner, it is really nice to go into it and pull out a really cold beer whenever I want. Plus Ice cream stays frozen.
What size/type inverter do you have?

Old 03-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protech441 View Post
What size/type inverter do you have?
Magnum 2800 Pure Sine wave.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #46

Well I arrived San Antonio Sunday; Monday morning they opened the new Dometic fridge which "replaces my original RM 7732". It doesn't fit due to the narrow hallway. The old unit is 24 1/2 deep. The new one is 26 1/2 or so but definitely too large. They can accomodate the added height but not the depth. Checked on a couple of residential units and delivery was going to be anywhere from one week to 2 weeks. Decided to replace the cooling unit with a new Amish. It's being shipped and will take until Friday or Monday and then one day to do the work. ^$@%$# !! It's all part of the experience.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #47

Dometic has a refr that is 24" deep. The new 1350 has a slim line version or may just be in the works, but it is only 24" deep. Sounds like they didn't do their research.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #48

The 24" fridge is only 24" or so wide. Rather than go thru sending the 1350 back and getting the other I opted to repair. Dometic takes no responsibility and stands by the "the 1350 replaces the 7732". I guess the specs were available somewhere and I didn't check. I am a little surprised that this shop doing the work did not check the specs and discuss the depth difference with me on the phone before they actually ordered the unit and I travelled to them.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #49

Dometic crap again. Think about a residential fridge. One thing I've noticed is the fridge needs to be quite. We have a Frigidaire and it makes no noise like out home fridge. If you can, I would go this way.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #50

For better or for worse, I've made the decision. I'm been "under the gun" rather than sitting at home where I could have taken more time to decide; and then "just leave it with my rv repair people to make it all work". The part is being shipped as we speak so I'm committed to the repair option.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jim, I think you will be satisfied with your choice of replacing just the cooling unit on your frig. I did this on my 5th wheel probably 10 years ago, I did the exchange myself and I was very pleased afterwards. As I mentioned to you earlier via private email, my 98 Pace Arrow has the 7732 which I really like. Certainly a bummer that the specs of the new frig did not match your 7732 and that this error will cause some heartburn. My son always tells me I over think everything I do, probably so.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #52

I'm sure I over-analyze too many things. I can make quick decisions when I must, but when I have the time I really pull out all the stops. My 7732 has an icemaker and it's always iced up quickly at the top of the freezer above and around the icemaker. The frequent defrosting is a PITA. The fridge cooling is not even....warmer in the bottom....so I keep milk and some produce at the top. The doors and seals have been checked and I'm told these issues are normal for this type of fridge. That's why when this one went belly up I immediately started thinking replacement. But, like you say, I'm sure I'll be happy after the work is done and I'll just have to remind myself that I'm NOT at home and get used to it. The part shipped yesterday and should be here by Tuesday. I will have been here a week and a half by the time I hit the road. Assuming all goes as planned.

Jim
Old 03-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #53

Just noticed this posted...

Last year I changed my Dometic for a Norcold because it was 15 years old and not getting cold enough.

The repair was an option but I decided for the new one.

Even with both refrigerator being exactly the same I ran into an unplanned event.... The old Dometic would not go through the door of the RV... too large by 1/2 inch.

I don't know what the RV manufacturer did but that was not wize!

Anyhow the RV shop was ready to dismantle the entry door frame when I look at them and said....You know guys I have a driver door and that thing will easily pass in there.

Personnally I would not install a residential due to the type of use I do with the RV (aka National parks with limited and sometimes ban use of generators). Plus a generator for me is a last resource, it's noisy, smells and pollutes big time. But that's my take on it.

Tags
fridge, replace, replacement